Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Local High School Star SpanishACB's Avatar

Default Re: Never shoot after you squat and deadlift

Quote Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus
    What the f[COLOR="black"]u[/COLOR]ck are you talking about I'm actually in shape, 6'0 155 and I run pretty much every day and race 5k's, don't talk shit about stuff you have no idea about.

I'm giving the dude props because he's not afraid to post a video of himself enjoying play some ball regardless of how others on this board will react. That's more than most people on this board can say.
    I get that. But he ain't got a good shot, and that's obvious even to him, he said it himself.

So you're just being a politically correct douche, and there's no reason to.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369
    Who else hates double rims?
    u need a higher arc when shooting outside

http://youtu.be/kY88JV52POI

I'll make it more like this next time

Quote Originally Posted by SpanishACB
    I get that. But he ain't got a good shot, and that's obvious even to him, he said it himself.

That european cynicism lol...

LeShaqtus is being positive like many Americans are...

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    People are different , Pau Gasol is a professional basketball player and he most of the time doesn't look ripped either. Just because he doesn't look shredded doesn't mean he's in poor shape. Maybe he used to be a little bit fatter and has been improving by the year? Maybe he's an ectomorph?

These guys are elite basketball players

Somatotypes are absolute bullshit. It's garbage created by a psychologist back in the 50s who really had very little experience with physiology.
    Somatotypes are a myth. Period. They were created by a guy who took nude pictures of college kids, then made up stories about them based on the photos and their transcripts. The entire concept has been soundly debunked by science. There is no such thing as an endomorph, mesomorph, or ectomorph.

That's all there is to it.

Not trying to be a dick about it, just point out that stuff is made up.l
    Last edited by oarabbus; 08-24-2014 at 04:47 PM.

Dunking on everybody in the park Court Vision's Avatar

http://youtu.be/kY88JV52POI

I'll make it more like this next time

Nice two hand release.

Sunshine State

Quote Originally Posted by SpanishACB

Maybe I'm not a piece of shit and I like it, I couldn't care less what you think of my opinion, get over homes.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus
    What the f[COLOR="black"]u[/COLOR]ck are you talking about I'm actually in shape, 6'0 155 and I run pretty much every day and race 5k's, don't talk shit about stuff you have no idea about.

I'm giving the dude props because he's not afraid to post a video of himself enjoying play some ball regardless of how others on this board will react. That's more than most people on this board can say.
    dam, u skinny boy

who is epiphoneplayah

Fully agreed.

College superstar

How long have you been lifting? Looked like you were pretty new to it. How long have you been playing? Looked like you were pretty new to it.

But in college, I always shot best after lifting... the first 10-15 mins would be so rough, but then my body just... got in a groove. I can't explain it. But that's when I consistently shot the best.

NBA Superstar

Not to be contradictory, but I like double rims. I think we sometimes grow to settle for less than perfection on indoor hoops. If we're tracking our jumpers indoors and we rattle one home that hits four different parts of the rim and backboard, we often simply count it as a make and subsequently label it a good shot.

Many times though, I think a well made shot while practicing should be one that goes down clean (a swish or something close to it). I think double rims help in that regard. A lot of those dead bounces that tend to lead to a junky make indoors often do not reward outside. As such, it makes us lock in tighter and further perfect our shots.

One of my favorite aspects of basketball comes after an extended stretch of outdoor play. After one grows accustomed to unforgiving double rims, the first time back indoors often feels so rich, as if every shot has an opportunity to go through the hoop.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Not to be contradictory, but I like double rims. I think we sometimes grow to settle for less than perfection on indoor hoops. If we're tracking our jumpers indoors and we rattle one home that hits four different parts of the rim and backboard, we often simply count it as a make and subsequently label it a good shot.

Many times though, I think a well made shot while practicing should be one that goes down clean (a swish or something close to it). I think double rims help in that regard. A lot of those dead bounces that tend to lead to a junky make indoors often do not reward outside. As such, it makes us lock in tighter and further perfect our shots.

One of my favorite aspects of basketball comes after an extended stretch of outdoor play. After one grows accustomed to unforgiving double rims, the first time back indoors often feels so rich, as if every shot has an opportunity to go through the hoop.
    I actually agree with you looking at it like that....It's part of the reason why I try to bank it in as often as I do...And despite my horrid form it's helped me hone it in a bit. I'm surprised I get it in as often as I do sometimes

3 things I hate the most playing outside at that court

1. Wind

2. Rain- Wet ball

3. Crying kids at the park

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    How long have you been lifting? Looked like you were pretty new to it. How long have you been playing? Looked like you were pretty new to it.

But in college, I always shot best after lifting... the first 10-15 mins would be so rough, but then my body just... got in a groove. I can't explain it. But that's when I consistently shot the best.
    Lifting about a month, after a four year break after a sternum fracture/torn muscle fibers. Before that I lifted for a good two years, though I had no idea what I was doing at the time. And since I was 5 but I always just shot around. First summer I've shot with any consistency... At least every other day for 2-3 hours..sometimes 5-9 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1

It's fun making N00B gains despite the fact I'm going really light atm.

right now Im just getting back into the swing of things but it's fun to set goals for myself....like benching more than what I used to do (240)... used to workout like a tard so it'll be fun seeing what I can do with a bit more knowledge about everything.

CURLS FOR THE GIRLS

Thinking back to where I used to be that picture makes me sad haha
    Last edited by jongib369; 08-25-2014 at 11:11 AM.