Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
    Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Default Re: MWP squaring up Ibaka!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWall
    Sure, if it were a gunfight, Ibaka probably wins. But a fist fight? You can bet that Artest has been in far more fist fights in Queensbridge than Ibaka has in the fu[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]king Congo.

Africans fight with AK47s and machetes, using whatever they can to kill. They don't fist fight and duel each other in these civil wars. And I bet Ibaka hardly even touched a firearm during his short time in Africa, prepping for the NBA.

Who cares about AK47s and machetes when you can break off table legs and throw them right through someones heart. The Congo definitely can't eff with that.

IMO, Ibaka would beat MWP in a boxing match. I take MWP in a street fight. Ibaka doesn't look like he'd go down too easy though.

It would be a hell of a fight. Artest would probably win,he's crazier.

Im actually having second thought, i dont want to see MWP suspended for long, i wanna see him in the playoffs against OKC and/or Clippers

Shit will go down

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

This thread is hilarious... People actually think because someone grew up in a rough area automatically makes them great fighters.. so all the best boxers in the world come from war ravaged countries? Smh.

Decent playground baller

Can someone post a link to all those crazy Artest fights showing what a great boxer or street fighter he is??
    Because if this random guy (minute 2:30) is not even lightly stoned after a straight right to the face and an unorthodox jab (not really the classical trained boxer style of jab)... what makes you think Ibaka would be knocked out so fast???
    People say being raised in middle of a civil war doesn't mean you are a better fighter and I agree. But then, they come out with this Artest's madness as the ultimate proof of his fighting skills and their comments become meaningless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSqMSEC8MCw

Same happens with Przybilla's MMA training, all expect him to be the ultimate fighter because of that, yet the only footage of him practicing it, show how awkward he is as a fighter

Not airballing my layups anymore LastEpisode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH MY BODY
    Metta World War went into his fighting stance. He was ready to lay Ibaka out. Ibaka wanted none of Artest.
    That's what you call a fighting stance?! He was doing nothing more than grabbing his balls while trying to talk smack or something like that..

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

That'd be a fight i'd pay to see. @ people saying MWP would demolish Serge. You havent seen any legit fights from the guy other than the Palace brawl, and that was with a defenseless fan in the stands.

Ibaka would eat Artest aliiiiiive. It's not even fair

Local High School Star Tmuston Beltics's Avatar

im a superhero

Quote Originally Posted by Quickening
    This thread is hilarious... People actually think because someone grew up in a rough area automatically makes them great fighters.. so all the best boxers in the world come from war ravaged countries? Smh.
    yes, that is generally the trend with boxers.

the lower down the socio economic trend you go, the better the fighters they produce.

I rule the local playground Floppy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    yeah. you forgot to mention the war led to the death of his mother and imprisonment of his father, before serge was even a teenager.... idiot
    Was he a soldier?

Did they have an MMA squad?

Maybe they should scout the orphanages cause they are filled with world class fighters apparently.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

I'd take ibaka. he's protective, which is can be scary for someone who doesn't have fear. he's also way longer than artest, and quicker.

I'd take that over cheap shot, crazy and slow. you think ibaka is afraid of artest? lol @ people comparing queens to congo. get the **** out of here.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

newark vs congo

you'd think deke would have more success with all those lions he must have killed and antilope meat he's been eating.

Quote Originally Posted by Teanett
    where he fought lions and rhinos!!!
    everyday!!!
    on his way to school!!!
    cause that's what africans do!!!