Default Anyone else here playing Zelda BOTW?

The game is so amazing. I haven't played anything else in a month and 75 hours later, I'm nowhere close to being done. It's definitely the most fun open world game I've played

Default Re: Anyone else here playing Zelda BOTW?

on my second play through

National High School Star

I'm trying to get back to it. I was smashing it for awhile, also trying to get back to Horizon.

I bought Rainbow Six Siege on sale and can't stop playing that

Quote Originally Posted by Ai2death
    I'm trying to get back to it. I was smashing it for awhile, also trying to get back to Horizon.

I bought Rainbow Six Siege on sale and can't stop playing that
    where abouts in australia are you

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaurus
    where abouts in australia are you
    SA about 25 minutes from Adelaide.

You play?

Played it for 3 days, haven't been able to focus on it enough to really get into it. I get the direction they're heading into, and the openness of the game is incredible, but I'm a traditionalist. The story just hasn't been there enough for me to get too emotionally invested.

Quote Originally Posted by code green
    Played it for 3 days, haven't been able to focus on it enough to really get into it. I get the direction they're heading into, and the openness of the game is incredible, but I'm a traditionalist. The story just hasn't been there enough for me to get too emotionally invested.
    I'm really not a fan of the shrines, they should have made there be fewer shrines, & the shrine reward should be rare weapons or something. Heart Containers should have still been earnt through various side quest. Now there's basically no point in completing side quest, you get rich from just selling ores.

I'm sure it's just recency bias, but I can't think of a game with a more mundane, anticlimactic ending than BOTW. I accidentally beat the game while trying simply trying to farm guardian parts in the castle. I wasn't looking at the map, just walking around the grounds and castle, and just stumbled into the room where the Ganon battle starts. Not only that, I beat him without even having to stock up on potions, elixirs, or ancient weapons.

And then to add insult to injury, I knew that there were multiple endings based on whether or not you unlock all of the memories previously. I unlocked all of them before the final battle, so I knew I was getting the best ending. What I got was so bad, I had to go online afterwards to confirm that I got the "best" one. I get that the series traditionally focuses more on the trip rather than the destination, but this was so underwhelming that I couldn't help but be disappointed. Hopefully the DLC adds enough value to flesh out the ending a bit more.

I bitched about the game at first, but it really grew on me. While I feel the expaniveness of the map is a tad bit overrated, it was a gorgeous environment, with enough diversity to make it seem larger than it was. Exploring it once you've increased your hardiness is a real treat.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

GOAT game, playing it now for first time.

My sister played this game for months but she was only able to reach up to 40% until she stopped to play other games. Such a long game rofl.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    My sister played this game for months but she was only able to reach up to 40% until she stopped to play other games. Such a long game rofl.
    i've never played a open world game where you could climb shit this high and fly.

closest thing would be fallout 4 with the jetpack power suit, or the new spiderman games.

I stopped playing this some time ago. Now's as good a time as any to dive back in....