Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Decent playground baller

Default Re: iPhone 5 reviews

I just got it and I think it's really cool.

Here are some features that are improved or standout:

The enlarged screen is really nice. Great picture quality while the extra space makes quite a difference.

The design is very sleek, I really like the new casing or shell they used.

The new headphones are revolutionary. I plan on being hands free a lot.

Siri is improved and can offer more, still hardly perfect, but more capable then the last version.

The new camera features are great. Being able to shoot pictures quickly is fun and novel but the real showstopper is the panoramic feature which allows you to captures huge areas of space.

The phone is much faster whether its texting, download speeds, taking photos, overall usage, etc.

I now understand why they decided to reformat the port.

So far so great.

Dunking on everybody in the park magictricked's Avatar

Here's why Apple no longer uses Google Maps

http://www.technobuffalo.com/compani...ns-apparently/

[QUOTE]Apple desperately wanted to offer a free voice-guided directions, much like Google provides for its Android devices. However, Google

코비=GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    good comparison of jelly bean vs ios6. keep in mind this is the galaxy nexus (not the gs3) against an iphone 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=YwwJ8kgmcdc
    Was considering the iPhone 5 but after this vid, definitely going for the GS3 for my upgrade. Repped.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by magictricked
    Here's why Apple no longer uses Google Maps

http://www.technobuffalo.com/compani...ns-apparently/
    It's better to link to the source article... http://allthingsd.com/20120926/apple...ed-directions/

Google was actually willing to add voice guided directions but wanted features in return for it. Apple declined that and decided to break contract. The article you linked made it sound like Google never had it on the table.

And if there were terms under which it might have agreed to do so, Apple wasn’t offering them. Sources tell AllThingsD that Google, for example, wanted more say in the iOS maps feature set. It wasn’t happy simply providing back-end data. It asked for in-app branding. Apple declined. It suggested adding Google Latitude. Again, Apple declined. And these became major points of contention between the two companies, whose relationship was already deteriorating for a variety of other reasons, including Apple’s concern that Google was gathering too much user data from the app.

Quote Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
    I just got it and I think it's really cool.

Here are some features that are improved or standout:

The new headphones are revolutionary. I plan on being hands free a lot.

really?

http://gizmodo.com/5943222/apple-ear...-still-garbage

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Good luck trying to find a phone that's new and will last you over a day on regular usage.

Might as well go get you an old Blackberry or Nokia, cause chances of a new phone lasting you OVER a day are slim.

Also what are your settings like? do you have everything turned on?

I do agree that it has to do with the OS for the most part. I had issues with my 4S' battery life. Not to long ago I restored it by accident and my battery life almost doubled magically. Same phone, same OS version, same settings and usage…. just had a better batch I suppose. So try either restoring it or reinstalling the OS maybe that'll help.
    There are ways to increase battery life. One is the Auto 3G mode which is on jailbreak. I am hoping they will have it on IPhone 5 after jail breaking it maybe Auto 4G. Also turn off all the Push mode like mails, Facebook etc. also turnoff your Bluetooth. Uncheck all the spotlight search. Also when you jailbreak it, there's a Remove BG on SB setting where you can just swipe it and all the apps you open closes. You will notice that on ram drive check. It will also prevent apps crashing.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    Jesus Christ, I can't even begin to express how much people like that disgust me.

NBA rookie of the year

Tried out an iPhone 5 today for a good amount of time and I got one thing to say, huge disappointment.

Felt no difference at all other than the bigger screen, it didn't feel any faster than my 4S and everything else was basically the same. The changes in terms of actual specs are really minor and not something that the average user will notice.

Although I love my 4S I'm not going to buy the iPhone 5, my next phone is going to be a Galaxy S3..

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    good comparison of jelly bean vs ios6. keep in mind this is the galaxy nexus (not the gs3) against an iphone 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=YwwJ8kgmcdc
    This what Jelly Bean Android should look like. Everyone who tests out of the Galaxy S3 and say it's choppy doesn't understand that Samsung has a crappy UI slapped over the top of Jelly Bean which bogs it down. Pure Android 4.1 is pretty much just as smooth as iOS6 IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    Tried out an iPhone 5 today for a good amount of time and I got one thing to say, huge disappointment.

Felt no difference at all other than the bigger screen, it didn't feel any faster than my 4S and everything else was basically the same. The changes in terms of actual specs are really minor and not something that the average user will notice.

Although I love my 4S I'm not going to buy the iPhone 5, my next phone is going to be a Galaxy S3..
    What surprised me was it's dual-core still. I thought they'd have quad-core by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    This what Jelly Bean Android should look like. Everyone who tests out of the Galaxy S3 and say it's choppy doesn't understand that Samsung has a crappy UI slapped over the top of Jelly Bean which bogs it down. Pure Android 4.1 is pretty much just as smooth as iOS6 IMO.
    I've had the GS3 and pretty much every phone that ever mattered. I had it rooted and flashed and android is still shit. I have the iPhone 5 and is by far the best phone I've owned.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    What surprised me was it's dual-core still. I thought they'd have quad-core by now.
    Yeah, I agree.

But overall, I can't believe all these morons who are spending alot of money to get the iPhone 5 while having the 4s.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by chairman
    I've had the GS3 and pretty much every phone that ever mattered. I had it rooted and flashed and android is still shit. I have the iPhone 5 and is by far the best phone I've owned.
    Haha, why did you root it?

You probably didn't use the S3 like you should do, I can't see how anyone but a fanboy or someone who wants it really simple would pick the iPhone 5 over the S3.

The iPhone 5 is basically a 4s with a bigger screen and minor changes that doesn't make any difference for the average user.

Quote Originally Posted by chairman
    To be honest, I don't believe you. But whatever. Again rooted and flashed doesn't mean anything if you're not using the right software.
    Last edited by Meticode; 09-30-2012 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    Haha, why did you root it?

You probably didn't use the S3 like you should do, I can't see how anyone but a fanboy or someone who wants it really simple would pick the iPhone 5 over the S3.

The iPhone 5 is basically a 4s with a bigger screen and minor changes that doesn't make any difference for the average user.
    And what's the major differences between a GS2 and GS3. GTFO out of here with your fanboy sh*t I don't even like apple. You're the only biased fool here