Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default As a Lakers fan, it's kind of depressing hearing...

Hearing all that drama in Shaq's TELL all book (or the excerpts that have been leaked).

While I personally think Shaquille has a legitimate gripe (and the right to say the stuff he has; i.e, Kobe being really anti-social and distant from the team, etc.), I cant help but think the guy sounds like a freaking cry baby. A manchild who couldn't stand another alpha male in the same locker room. Shaq is already pining for the spotlight just 5 months removed from his retirement party.

Reading that Kobe was bullied (and slapped by Shaq) as a rookie was kinda depressing. I grew up on that team, Shaq was that dude. So it's like..they're winning championships, even 3-peating, yet there's this commotion going on? The entire time they never even liked each other? Then you got Phil Jackson who catered to Shaq's ego 24/7 (something I never knew). What's amazing is how these guys made 4 trips to the Finals.

Man, just hearing this type of stuff really is a downer. I feel like a dbag just cheering for these goofs.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Default Re: As a Lakers fan, it's kind of depressing hearing...

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    Hearing all that drama in Shaq's TELL all book (or the excerpts that have been leaked).

While I personally think Shaquille has a legitimate gripe (and the right to say the stuff he has; i.e, Kobe being really anti-social and distant from the team, etc.), I cant help but think the guy sounds like a freaking cry baby. A manchild who couldn't stand another alpha male in the same locker room. Shaq is already pining for the spotlight just 5 months removed from his retirement party.

Reading that Kobe was bullied (and slapped by Shaq) as a rookie was kinda depressing. I grew up on that team, Shaq was that dude. So it's like..they're winning championships, even 3-peating, yet there's this commotion going on? The entire time they never even liked each other? Then you got Phil Jackson who catered to Shaq's ego 24/7 (something I never knew). What's amazing is how these guys made 4 trips to the Finals.

Man, just hearing this type of stuff really is a downer. I feel like a dbag just cheering for these goofs.

The only goof was Shaq.

Kobe just wanted to be a great basketball player who was a part of a great team.

Kobe didn't go to LA trying to punk Shaq, he went to LA to practice hard, play harder, and win.

Local High School Star DirtySanchez's Avatar

Kobe was a 17 18 year old kid back then that was confident.

Shaq talking about how he punked him back then just really makes him look shallow.

I'm not even a Lakers fan but it is kind of sad how Shaq and Kobe couldn't get along. They could have won 5 or 6 championships together.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    The only goof was Shaq.

Kobe just wanted to be a great basketball player who was a part of a great team.

Kobe didn't go to LA trying to punk Shaq, he went to LA to practice hard, play harder, and win.
    Hearing the stuff he pulled in that book, 'The Show'...and now this? It's really distasteful. I've lost a lot of respect for him.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    Hearing the stuff he pulled in that book, 'The Show'...and now this? It's really distasteful. I've lost a lot of respect for him.

Such as expecting his teammates to put in a full and concentrated effort to be a great team?

The nerve of Kobe Bryant. How dare he enter the NBA and expect other professional athletes to have the will and drive to be called champion.

Such as expecting his teammates to put in a full and concentrated effort to be a great team?

The nerve of Kobe Bryant. How dare he enter the NBA and expect other professional athletes to have the will and drive to be called champion.
    I was talking about Shaq. Sorry for not clarifying.

Very good NBA starter

Sad that Godbe had to waste 8 years of his career sacrificing his game playing next to that oaf...not like he gets any credit for this rings, anyway.

The ? to All Answers TheAesirsFinest's Avatar

Well, they are just professional athletes. Barkley couldn't have put it any better - they're not role models. As much as people love to prop their favorite players up as noble, passionate superhuman beings, they're still people, and people can be douchebags, assholes, any curse word really.

SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

The only goof was Shaq.

He was lucky to go to an already successful franchise that will more often than not have teams that can win it all.
    Last edited by BEAST Griffin; 11-02-2011 at 11:11 PM.

Very good NBA starter

^

theres a reason shaq is hated by all his ex teams. he alienated his way off all of them. magic fans, lakers fans, heat fans, and whoever the hell else he played for got no love. he usually bashes everyone and their mother on his way out. hes a baby with no class.

National High School Star Richesly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BEAST Griffin
    He was lucky to go to an already successful franchise that will more often than not have teams that can win it all.

You're so lucky to edit your post, I was about to go off on you.

Quote Originally Posted by BEAST Griffin
    b*tch move, man. why the edit?

Banned

That's why I support white players/white teams. You never hear this bullshit coming from white guys. Some of these black players are like wild beasts in their dealings.