Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2018, 11:03 AM   #1
StrongLurk
StrongLaker
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5,221
Default Lebron would've averaged 40ppg in the 80's

Now I'm not talking about rookie Lebron, but if you took Lebron from his 3rd year on (starting at 1982-1983). With the pace being so fast and the defense being very weak aside from 3-4 teams, Lebron would put up 40ppg. It wouldn't be EASY, since nothing in the NBA is easy. But he would certainly do it.

Peak Durant would as well.
StrongLurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 12:39 PM   #2
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Sarcastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Latvian Ladder
Posts: 25,068
Default Re: Lebron would've averaged 40ppg in the 80's

Build a time machine and prove it.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 12:45 PM   #3
FKAri
5-time NBA All-Star
 
FKAri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 11,092
Default Re: Lebron would've averaged 40ppg in the 80's

Why? Who's stopping him from dropping 50?
FKAri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 01:17 PM   #4
elementally morale
NBA rookie of the year
 
elementally morale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default Re: Lebron would've averaged 40ppg in the 80's

In the 80's LeBron would get fouled on his drives. I mean FOULED.

He also would not take this many 3 pointers. It was not the norm back then and LeBron is normcore. He would've been more of a passer.40 ppg? More like 22. But with 10-12 assists.

He would've played more like Magic Johnson.
elementally morale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 01:25 PM   #5
Lakessss
I don't get picked last at the park anymore
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 220
Default Re: Lebron would've averaged 40ppg in the 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementally morale
In the 80's LeBron would get fouled on his drives. I mean FOULED.

He also would not take this many 3 pointers. It was not the norm back then and LeBron is normcore. He would've been more of a passer.40 ppg? More like 22. But with 10-12 assists.

He would've played more like Magic Johnson.
So you’re just gonna take one of his most improved on and better qualities in his 3 point shot? Not happening. His 3 point shot remains and he completely torches the League. He can get fouled all he wants but when he’s versing plumbers and janitors who don’t even have a lick of his athletic ability, in a league where zone defense is illegal? He would murder everyone. If hard fouls are allowed imagine him driving to the rim? It would be even more deadly than it is now.
Lakessss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 01:49 PM   #6
Docs Orders
Ottawa
 
Docs Orders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Shaker Hts, OH
Posts: 3,236
Default Re: Lebron would've averaged 40ppg in the 80's

Baldan averaged 37ppg in the 80s with no resemblance of a jumper and while weighing 180 pounds


Now take a LeBron whos a far better 3 point shooter, and 3 inches taller while being faster and stronger?


50 ppg easy
Docs Orders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 01:59 PM   #7
elementally morale
NBA rookie of the year
 
elementally morale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default Re: Lebron would've averaged 40ppg in the 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakessss
So you’re just gonna take one of his most improved on and better qualities in his 3 point shot? Not happening. His 3 point shot remains and he completely torches the League. He can get fouled all he wants but when he’s versing plumbers and janitors who don’t even have a lick of his athletic ability, in a league where zone defense is illegal? He would murder everyone. If hard fouls are allowed imagine him driving to the rim? It would be even more deadly than it is now.


He would not have taken this many three pointers. Noone did. LeBron is not the shooter Mullin was. Or Bird for that matter. LeBron would have taken 2-3 threes a game. Would have made 1 or 2.

LeBron in the 80s? 22 / 7 / 11 on 54%.


EDIT: 7 rebs and 11 assists. Not the other way round.

Last edited by elementally morale : 09-16-2018 at 02:11 PM.
elementally morale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 02:13 PM   #8
Docs Orders
Ottawa
 
Docs Orders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Shaker Hts, OH
Posts: 3,236
Default Re: Lebron would've averaged 40ppg in the 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementally morale
He would not have taken this many three pointers. Noone did. LeBron is not the shooter Mullin was. Or Bird for that matter. LeBron would have taken 2-3 threes a game. Would have made 1 or 2.

LeBron in the 80s? 22 / 7 / 11 on 54%.


EDIT: 7 rebs and 11 assists. Not the other way round.


So why would he have taken less? Just cause everyone else took less?

Genius logic
Docs Orders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 02:23 PM   #9
elementally morale
NBA rookie of the year
 
elementally morale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default Re: Lebron would've averaged 40ppg in the 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docs Orders
So why would he have taken less? Just cause everyone else took less?

Genius logic


Exactly. That was the norm. Playing 'the right way'. If Bird didn't take 5 or more... LeBron would've taken less. Far less.


LeBron is not someone who would start a revolution. He would've been a great playr in the 80s though. Up there with Bird and Magic. But this many threes taken? Hell no.

He would've been in the MVP discussion every year. 1981-1989.... every year. Best player though? I don't think so. One of the best, sure.
elementally morale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 02:30 PM   #10
Docs Orders
Ottawa
 
Docs Orders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Shaker Hts, OH
Posts: 3,236
Default Re: Lebron would've averaged 40ppg in the 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementally morale
Exactly. That was the norm. Playing 'the right way'. If Bird didn't take 5 or more... LeBron would've taken less. Far less.


LeBron is not someone who would start a revolution. He would've been a great playr in the 80s though. Up there with Bird and Magic. But this many threes taken? Hell no.

He would've been in the MVP discussion every year. 1981-1989.... every year. Best player though? I don't think so. One of the best, sure.


So would LeBron have dribbled like this in the 60s cause that was the norm?

Docs Orders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:30 PM   #11
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker
 
egokiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 7,885
Default Re: Lebron would've averaged 40ppg in the 80's

Is this the time of the year where lebron stans start feeling bad that the hero of their era lost 6 finals so they ask what could he have done in another era only to find out that he would have failed even harder?
egokiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 04:47 PM   #12
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Sarcastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Latvian Ladder
Posts: 25,068
Default Re: Lebron would've averaged 40ppg in the 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docs Orders
So would LeBron have dribbled like this in the 60s cause that was the norm?



Yes because the rules prohibited carrying or palming the ball, like players are allowed to now. The moment his hand even went on the side of the ball they would call carry.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 05:00 PM   #13
Lakessss
I don't get picked last at the park anymore
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 220
Default Re: Lebron would've averaged 40ppg in the 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementally morale
Exactly. That was the norm. Playing 'the right way'. If Bird didn't take 5 or more... LeBron would've taken less. Far less.


LeBron is not someone who would start a revolution. He would've been a great playr in the 80s though. Up there with Bird and Magic. But this many threes taken? Hell no.

He would've been in the MVP discussion every year. 1981-1989.... every year. Best player though? I don't think so. One of the best, sure.
Was it also the norm to be the first player to lead all players in every statistical category in the NBA finals? Was it the norm to be the first player to come back from a 3-1 deficit in the NBA Finals? Is it the norm to be the first player to reach 30k points 10k rebounds and 10k assists?

Right. I thought so.
Lakessss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 05:26 PM   #14
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker
 
egokiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 7,885
Default Re: Lebron would've averaged 40ppg in the 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakessss
Was it also the norm to be the first player to lead all players in every statistical category in the NBA finals? Was it the norm to be the first player to come back from a 3-1 deficit in the NBA Finals? Is it the norm to be the first player to reach 30k points 10k rebounds and 10k assists?

Right. I thought so.

Was it also the norm to lose 6 finals despite collusion on stacked teams and causing your team to overall half the roster twice in the same season and still lose?

What is with the same 5 members on this board and their desire to stan a 6 time finals loser?
egokiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 05:46 PM   #15
DeRozan m8
See ya Kiwi
 
DeRozan m8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 10,714
Default Re: Lebron would've averaged 40ppg in the 80's

LOL no.

Too much D in the paint, and the dude has a below average outside game.

His stiff arms wouldn't fly either, and he'd get shook from copping proper fouls too.

Dudes a fvcking pvssy, we all know that.
DeRozan m8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:41 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy