Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-20-2018, 04:32 PM   #16
bladefd
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Butler wants to team up with Kawhi on LAC, does not want to play with LeBron

Butler would not fit with Lakers as well as Kawhi or Klay. Why would we trade our youth away when we can sign either Kawhi or Klay outright next summer? Makes zero sense.

There is also zero guarantee that Clippers can land both Butler and still get Kawhi for max next summer. Kawhi would have to go "OKAY! There is LeBron, youth and vastly better team. Then there is Butler, Bradley, Gallinari and that's it! I choose Butler!" He would have to despise LeBron to choose the Clippers over Lakers if both offered him equal max deal.

Butler, just go East. Better for everyone involved.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 03:53 PM   #17
qrich
King Heno

Default Re: Butler wants to team up with Kawhi on LAC, does not want to play with LeBron

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Butler would not fit with Lakers as well as Kawhi or Klay. Why would we trade our youth away when we can sign either Kawhi or Klay outright next summer? Makes zero sense.

There is also zero guarantee that Clippers can land both Butler and still get Kawhi for max next summer. Kawhi would have to go "OKAY! There is LeBron, youth and vastly better team. Then there is Butler, Bradley, Gallinari and that's it! I choose Butler!" He would have to despise LeBron to choose the Clippers over Lakers if both offered him equal max deal.

Butler, just go East. Better for everyone involved.

The ignorance here is on another level.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 04:07 PM   #18
brownmamba00
Cali Love

Lebron and Jimmy together would be lethal tho. Rondo running point. Kuzma and Ingram at the 3-4 spot. Yea that team goes WCF.

Oh well
brownmamba00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 04:08 PM   #19
PP34Deuce
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy is definitely looking for big market team.
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 04:29 PM   #20
bizil
College superstar

I would rather see Butler, a healthy Porzingis, and one of the top PG's with the Knicks. A PG like Lillard or Kyrie for example. The East still needs to beef up some with some powerhouse type of teams with legit big threes. And if Butler is your team's best player, u aren't going very far. If he's your 3rd best player, u can be a title contender!

Because the only thing he's TRULY great at is defense. He's a very good scorer and passer from the SG position. But he's not a sniper from three ball range. So if u are ONLY going to be great at one thing and be the best player on a title team, it BETTER be scoring the rock! Like Dirk for example!
bizil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 06:38 PM   #21
bladefd
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
The ignorance here is on another level.

Do explain. What do the Clippers have that would convince a Kawhi to choose Clippers over the Lakers in summer 2019?

In that scenario, there is Butler on Clippers. LeBron on Lakers. What could Kawhi possibly see in Clippers over Lakers?

Last edited by bladefd : 09-22-2018 at 06:41 PM.
Old 09-22-2018, 06:56 PM   #22
Lakessss
I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote:
Do explain. What do the Clippers have that would convince a Kawhi to choose Clippers over the Lakers in summer 2019?

In that scenario, there is Butler on Clippers. LeBron on Lakers. What could Kawhi possibly see in Clippers over Lakers?
Absolutely nothing. If anything it seems as if Butler didnít state the Lakers as a destination because he knows they donít want him. As a pride type move. Lebron donít like Butler, Lebrons best friend in Wade donít like Butler. We have options much better than Butler and Iím positive Kawhi isnít even second guessing his options. Heís coming to the Lakers next season and they are becoming a dynasty for the near 3/4 years.
Lakessss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 07:24 PM   #23
qrich
King Heno

Quote:

The fact that you named Bradley, who will be dealt, over Lou Gotti and Trez. The fact that two guys the FO is on, along with their colleagues have been ignored. The fact that the Clippers will also be able to be able to navigate and add a second max contract, or straight out have a second max contract depending on how they acquire Butler, meaning they could have Butler + Kawhi + Third Max.

Basically, what you stated would be like saying:

Would Kawhi prefer playing with LeBron and an unproven coach over one with a championship ring, Butler, youth and another max!
Old 09-22-2018, 08:43 PM   #24
bladefd
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
The fact that you named Bradley, who will be dealt, over Lou Gotti and Trez. The fact that two guys the FO is on, along with their colleagues have been ignored. The fact that the Clippers will also be able to be able to navigate and add a second max contract, or straight out have a second max contract depending on how they acquire Butler, meaning they could have Butler + Kawhi + Third Max.

Basically, what you stated would be like saying:

Would Kawhi prefer playing with LeBron and an unproven coach over one with a championship ring, Butler, youth and another max!

1) Not enough money for 3 max deals. Butler wants around 35mil/yr. You have $41mil after you let Bradley go. How would you even acquire Butler?

Lets just say you get him somehow without giving up anything.. Okay, it brings you up to 76mill. Kawhi wants max too, which would be around $35mill for him as well. $111mill. The cap is $109mill for 2019-20.. How do you propose adding a third max deal?

2) Doc is bit overrated as a coach. He had CP3, Griffin and Jordan for years. They never reached the finals. They made western conference finals once, right? or maybe twice. All with a top 2 pg, top 5 pf and arguably the best center in nba since Dwight fell off in 2012.

What has Doc done over his career that warrants the respect he gets? Magic with T-Mac ..... -- I give Doc a break concerning the Magic due to unfortunate injuries to Hill and trash ownership/questionable management pre-Dwight. It wasn't Doc's fault. Celtics were pretty crappy, underperforming with a prime Paul Pierce until they got KG and Ray Allen in summer 2007. Doc is a very good coach but not all-time great or anything. Can you see Kawhi or Klay saying "LeBron? *yawn* I'm signing with Clippers due to Doc!"

It's about talent and who you can surround yourself around. Doc is a better coach but lets not act as if Luke is a crappy inexperienced coach. Luke did a good job last season. Advantage: Clippers.

3) Speaking of talent.. Do you truly think Clippers' youth is better than Lakers youth?? Ingram, Kuzma, Lonzo, Hart.. I will exclude Svi and Mo Wagner for now since they haven't played an nba game yet. I don't think Clippers youth is as talented or bankable as Lakers. Advantage: Lakers.

4) LeBron in his tail end of prime is a vastly better player than Butler in his prime. That's an advantage in itself for the next 3-4 years. TBH, I'd rather have LeBron leading the charge at 36 than Butler at 32 if I'm in Kawhi's position deciding how the two will age. LeBron is also a better shooter than Butler. Advantage: Lakers.

We also have 5 seasoned vets (2 with championship pedigree) next to LeBron as he ages. I don't expect us to retain all 5 next summer, but we can pick-and-choose who we keep depending on fit and performance in 2018-19.

Last edited by bladefd : 09-22-2018 at 08:46 PM.
Old 09-22-2018, 09:14 PM   #25
qrich
King Heno

1] It would take some moves, but plausible. Easiest route would be Gallo going out in the Butler deal somehow. As is the Clippers are in prime position for getting two max guys with Gallo's contract. You put Butler in Gallo's contract slot, you have Butler, a max slot while maintaining Tobi's cap hold. Or you renounce Tobi and get another near max slot. Other contracts on books (Gotti, Trez, SEGA, Jerome, Evans, Sin, Wallace) would be real easy to trade for raw space if needed.

2] Overrated or not, he has a ring, and is well respect around the league. No coach would've won with the issues those four had in the locker room, led by Paul's lack of leadership and Blake's immaturity. Went far beyond the X's and O's.

3] Youth may not be as deep, but very well could be. And mentioning Svi and Wagner, whether they are rookies or not is hilarious. It'd be like me mentioning Delgado, Motley and Wallace. Those are end of the bench guys that are being hyped because the Lakers drafted them. I mean, Laker fans were goo-goo-ga-ga over Clarkson, Nance and Randle just like with Hart & Kuzma. Not to mention Russell

4] Tail end of his prime, while not having shown a willingness not to be the ball dominant guy that takes all the credit and none of the blame throughout his career. Not very pretty in itself.

And cool, odds of those vets, outside of Lance, are minimal. Hilarious how McGee is now all of a sudden a seasoned vet with championship pedigree when he is quite...atrocious.

Last edited by qrich : 09-22-2018 at 09:23 PM.
Old 09-22-2018, 09:30 PM   #26
NBAGOAT
College superstar

i think they can trade Gallo, they have a year left after this year, a team will take him if he looks good this year. I wonder do the Clips want to settle giving Tobias 20-25mil/yr or go for someone else
NBAGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 09:58 PM   #27
bladefd
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
1] It would take some moves, but plausible. Easiest route would be Gallo going out in the Butler deal somehow. As is the Clippers are in prime position for getting two max guys with Gallo's contract. You put Butler in Gallo's contract slot, you have Butler, a max slot while maintaining Tobi's cap hold. Or you renounce Tobi and get another near max slot. Other contracts on books (Gotti, Trez, SEGA, Jerome, Evans, Sin, Wallace) would be real easy to trade for raw space if needed.

2] Overrated or not, he has a ring, and is well respect around the league. No coach would've won with the issues those four had in the locker room, led by Paul's lack of leadership and Blake's immaturity. Went far beyond the X's and O's.

3] Youth may not be as deep, but very well could be. And mentioning Svi and Wagner, whether they are rookies or not is hilarious. It'd be like me mentioning Delgado, Motley and Wallace. Those are end of the bench guys that are being hyped because the Lakers drafted them. I mean, Laker fans were goo-goo-ga-ga over Clarkson, Nance and Randle just like with Hart & Kuzma. Not to mention Russell

4] Tail end of his prime, while not having shown a willingness not to be the ball dominant guy that takes all the credit and none of the blame throughout his career. Not very pretty in itself.

And cool, odds of those vets, outside of Lance, are minimal. Hilarious how McGee is now all of a sudden a seasoned vet with championship pedigree when he is quite...atrocious.

1) Cap limit is $110m. Even if you trade Galli and somebody for Butler, you wouldn't be able to sign 2 max deals on top of that. Lets say you move Gallinari+Lou (your 2 biggest contracts) for Butler then give Butler his max at $35mil.. You are already at $58m. You would have to trade your young guys.. Maybe keep Harrell but rest would have to be dumped. It would be a depth-less roster, no matter how you slice it

Perhaps 1 scenario works.. Lets say you wave a magic wand and get rid of everyone but Butler on max deal.. You would have $75m left. Give some magic potion to Kawhi and Klay to get them on Clippers with Klay taking a $5m discount. You are left with $10m to sign 8 players. You can get a couple guys for mle and one other on ble. Maybe couple 2 way contracts. Short of that, there is not enough money for 3 max deals with a $110 cap. Not unless if you build through drafts like Warriors, who drafted Steph, Klay and Green then signed KD down the road.

2) I won't argue this point. My point is simply that Doc's advantage over Luke in coaching is not as great as you may think. It's closer than you realize.

3) Lakers have clear youth advantage as I mentioned. Ingram, Kuz, Lonzo and Hart. Who do you have that is comparable to that youth in talent?

4) I still bet most of nba would choose to play with LeBron over Jimmy Butler.

You sound bitter for some reason. Is it somehow related to me bashing Trump on OT forum?
Old 09-22-2018, 10:15 PM   #28
Keno
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Yo
LeBron would make "shooting guard" Jimmy Butler into a jump shooter???

Just when you thought this thread couldn't get any dumber.

kobe stans negative iq, no surprises ITT either.
Keno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 10:23 PM   #29
qrich
King Heno

1) Plenty of scenarios. Go check out Shams as I stated.

2) The gap is actually pretty damn big, despite Doc being overrated.

3) Remember the youth advantage with Russell and Randle and Nance and Clarkson? Clarkson was a top notch scorer! Russell is the PGoTF! Lakers youth right is banking on potential or nearly hit their ceilings. As far as Clippers youth, they are coming off a top notch draft while having two young defensive stallworths available. Also have the perfect surrounding fits.

4) Yet Kyrie didn't want to play with him. PG chose to stick with Westbrook. Even his banana boat buddy didn't want to wait a year to make it happen. I mean, if Rondo, Lance and McGee are your guys, so be it.

As far as the OT goes, all you have shown is that you are another brainswashed idiot who puts party over merit as I've clearly stated I couldn't careless about Trump, but love seeing hypocrite idiots squirm. No surprise that you couldn't answer the simple question about party standing tho.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: