Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2018, 06:52 PM   #16
Docs Orders
Ottawa
 
Docs Orders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Shaker Hts, OH
Posts: 3,218
Default Re: 17-19 Durant vs. 96-98 Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix
If Lebron was 'focused' on facilitating in the finals, then how was he doing that with a much lower usage %? What was he doing, off-ball facilitating?

Problem with your theory is, the Heat in spite of their roster holes and figuring it out on the fly, were in position to win the title their first year. It's not Wade's fault that Lebron 'focused' on going 3/11 for 8 points in game 4, which they lost by 3. Wade's healthy slowly deteriorated from the 2012 season onwards, so the issue of 'whose team is it' worked itself out. They were basically on-par in 2011.


Why did Wade only score 16 points in the elimination game 6 and choked the game tying FT in the last seconds of Game 4?


Do you blame LeBron for that to?
Docs Orders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 06:54 PM   #17
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker
 
egokiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 7,855
Default Re: 17-19 Durant vs. 96-98 Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix
Yeah I know, but whenever I see him drowning in his own stupidity I like to step on his head to speed along the process.

Manny98 and Stronglurk are the same poster.
egokiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 06:57 PM   #18
Phoenix
Behold the Trollslayer
 
Phoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 683
Default Re: 17-19 Durant vs. 96-98 Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny98
Putting up prime Igoudala numbers is "sucking" i guess so for LeBrons standards.

'Sucking' for MJ was 27ppg on 54% TS against DPOY prime Gary Payton. Lebron at his peak in 2013 put up 25ppg on 53% TS against 2nd year Kahwi with the Spurs defense daring him to shoot.
Phoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 06:59 PM   #19
Manny98
College star
 
Manny98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 4,106
Default Re: 17-19 Durant vs. 96-98 Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docs Orders
Why did Wade only score 16 points in the elimination game 6 and choked the game tying FT in the last seconds of Game 4?


Do you blame LeBron for that to?
Excactly Wade was ****ing awful in game 6 but all anybody want bring up is LeBron

In fact LeBron was better than Wade in both the games Miami won that series.
Manny98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 07:01 PM   #20
Phoenix
Behold the Trollslayer
 
Phoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 683
Default Re: 17-19 Durant vs. 96-98 Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docs Orders
Why did Wade only score 16 points in the elimination game 6 and choked the game tying FT in the last seconds of Game 4?


Do you blame LeBron for that to?

I blame Lebron for being horseshit in game 4 when Wade scored 32 and Bosh 24. It shouldn't have come down to a missed free throw if....you know.... Lebron didn't play like outright shit. Wade 'only' scoring 16 points in game was 5 more points than Lebron managed to score in the 4th quarter of games 1-5, and twice as much as Lebron scored in game 4.
Phoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 07:02 PM   #21
SouBeachTalents
Big Pippen
 
SouBeachTalents's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 13,055
Default Re: 17-19 Durant vs. 96-98 Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny98
Excactly Wade was ****ing awful in game 6 but all anybody want bring up is LeBron

In fact LeBron was better than Wade in both the games Miami won that series.
I'd love to see you try to explain how LeBron was better in Game 3 than Wade
SouBeachTalents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 07:10 PM   #22
Manny98
College star
 
Manny98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 4,106
Default Re: 17-19 Durant vs. 96-98 Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
I'd love to see you try to explain how LeBron was better in Game 3 than Wade
+/- speaks for itself LeBron had a great game getting everyone involved and causing havoc amongst the Dallas defense.

When LeBron sat the Heat offense became stagnant and they struggled to score
Theres a reason why Spoelstra needed LeBron to play 45 minutes that game just to squeeze a 2 point win
Manny98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 07:10 PM   #23
Phoenix
Behold the Trollslayer
 
Phoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 683
Default Re: 17-19 Durant vs. 96-98 Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
I'd love to see you try to explain how LeBron was better in Game 3 than Wade

Wade: 29/11/3 64% TS
Lebron: 17/9/3 54% TS

"Lebron was better"- Manny98

You honestly can't make this shit up.
Phoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 07:13 PM   #24
34-24 Footwork
Stat Type of Guy
 
34-24 Footwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 7,883
Default Re: 17-19 Durant vs. 96-98 Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by egokiller
Manny98 and Stronglurk are the same poster.

This
34-24 Footwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 07:18 PM   #25
Phoenix
Behold the Trollslayer
 
Phoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 683
Default Re: 17-19 Durant vs. 96-98 Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny98
+/- speaks for itself LeBron had a great game getting everyone involved and causing havoc amongst the Dallas defense.

When LeBron sat the Heat offense became stagnant and they struggled to score
Theres a reason why Spoelstra needed LeBron to play 45 minutes that game just to squeeze a 2 point win


So a 2 point +/- swing is supposed to balance out Wade scoring 12 more points, grabbing 8 more rebounds, no turnovers with a higher offensive and defensive rating? Wade pretty much had to be offensively aggressive considering Dirk scored one less point than Lebron and Bosh combined.

If +/- rating speaks for itself, 5 other players had better ones than Lebron in that game, including Joel Anthony in the starting lineup. May want to think about how you're applying that argument. I mean shit, Wade was +3 in game 6 and Lebron was -24, if you want to go down that road.

Last edited by Phoenix : 09-22-2018 at 07:22 PM.
Phoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 07:25 PM   #26
Manny98
College star
 
Manny98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 4,106
Default Re: 17-19 Durant vs. 96-98 Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix
So a 2 point +/- swing is supposed to balance out Wade scoring 12 more points, grabbing 8 more rebounds, no turnovers with a higher offensive and defensive rating? Wade pretty much had to be offensively aggressive considering Dirk scored one less point than Lebron and Bosh combined.

If +/- rating speaks for itself, 5 other players had better ones than Lebron in that game, including Joel Anthony in the starting lineup. May want to think about how you're applying that argument. I mean shit, Wade was +3 in game 6 and Lebron was -24, if you want to go down that road.
Rewatch game 3 and you'll see how LeBron was clearly better than Wade that game.
Theres more to basketball than just reading stats
Manny98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 07:38 PM   #27
Docs Orders
Ottawa
 
Docs Orders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Shaker Hts, OH
Posts: 3,218
Default Re: 17-19 Durant vs. 96-98 Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny98
Rewatch game 3 and you'll see how LeBron was clearly better than Wade that game.
Theres more to basketball than just reading stats


Exactly

Stats nerds tryna act like they actually watched the game


LeBron was doing a lot of good that wasn’t showing in the stats sheet


Wade meanwhile single handedly cost the Heat that series
Docs Orders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 07:38 PM   #28
Phoenix
Behold the Trollslayer
 
Phoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 683
Default Re: 17-19 Durant vs. 96-98 Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny98
Rewatch game 3 and you'll see how LeBron was clearly better than Wade that game.
Theres more to basketball than just reading stats

And yet you specifically picked a stat that doesn't even hold up your own argument. So now that I've shot that full of holes, you're now asking me to rewatch the game, because handpicking stats off basketball ref that ends up blowing in your face isn't working in your favor.
Phoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 07:43 PM   #29
Manny98
College star
 
Manny98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 4,106
Default Re: 17-19 Durant vs. 96-98 Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix
And yet you specifically picked a stat that doesn't even hold up your own argument. So now that I've shot that full of holes, you're now asking me to rewatch the game, because handpicking stats off basketball ref that ends up blowing in your face isn't working in your favor.
+/- wasn't even my main argument moron did you read the rest of my post?
Manny98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 07:44 PM   #30
Phoenix
Behold the Trollslayer
 
Phoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 683
Default Re: 17-19 Durant vs. 96-98 Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docs Orders
Exactly

Stats nerds tryna act like they actually watched the game


LeBron was doing a lot of good that wasn’t showing in the stats sheet


Wade meanwhile single handedly cost the Heat that series

So when someone statistically outdoes Lebron like Wade did in several games that series, suddenly it's 'the little things that count'. But then, in situations where he has statistical edges all of a sudden 'statz!' are important. A 5 year old would run laps around you in a debate.
Phoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:14 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy