Page 1 of 56 12341151 ... LastLast

Default Rate the last Movie you watched

I just had a sudden urge of watching Deadpool 2 days ago.. so sha'll this move be graced with the presence of being first in a possibly epic thread. It deserves it.

Dark humor, good action, develops into an actually interesting movie, not just jokes...

currently on Deadpool 2, right now.
    Last edited by insidehoops; 12-06-2019 at 10:37 AM.

Default Re: Rate the last Movie you watched

Ryan Reynolds is a bro crush btw

12 Monkeys

Great movie

For anyone that's seen it:

How could the guy that called him Bob just be a voice in his head when the doctor saw him too??

Also:
    They probably know, from old news, that Cole was shot dead at the airport in 1996. For all you know, that’s probably why he was chosen. All they needed to do was hand him the gun and history would take care of the rest.
    this is impossible?!?! They didnt send him back yet in time, so how could they know he'd get shot. Its a time travel, it altered what happened, right. They couldnt have known. Cole saw someone get shot as a boy, but how could it have been him when in 1996 he wasnt there yet, but only in 2035 traveling back. im confused.
    Last edited by ArbitraryWater; 08-09-2019 at 08:03 AM.

The last movie i witnessed was "the story of shogun". absolutely pathetic main character with all sorts of inferior complexes. Cringed throughout the movie and couldnt believe how much a failer the main character was.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    12 Monkeys

Great movie

For anyone that's seen it:

How could the guy that called him Bob just be a voice in his head when the doctor saw him too??

Also:

this is impossible?!?! They didnt send him back yet in time, so how could they know he'd get shot. Its a time travel, it altered what happened, right. They couldnt have known. Cole saw someone get shot as a boy, but how could it have been him when in 1996 he wasnt there yet, but only in 2035 traveling back. im confused.
    Yeah, plot hole. I thought the same when I saw it. I pointed out 5 glaring plot holes to my friend when we watched it. A little hazy now on the rest. The idea was clever, and it's still a great movie, but that annoyed me too. It's an obvious mistake, unless we are both missing something.

Last one I watched was that Aladdin remake. It was what it was. Nothing too special, and in fact a little underwhelming. Not sure why there was a Bollywood dance sequence dead smack in the middle of the movie either.

turns illusions for $ ShannonElements's Avatar

Angry Re: Rate the last Movie you watched

Toy Story 4

It was good...objectively I suppose, BUT...it still felt like that old friend who stillcomes around who's still pretty cool but you wish he had stayed in the past so you don't have to associate him with your new adult life and instead can keep him in the "warm childhood memories" category...

But once I let some of the resentment slide the movie started moving along at a brisk pace never leaving me bored or wanting which is of course a hallmark of a well-made flick.

Anyway, fantastic animation and I did enjoy my time with it all the same.

8/10

hobbs and shaw was wat I expected it to be, some fun mindless action. 7.5/10

Watched Bambi with my little baby cousin a few days ago.

Never realized that movie is purely about how awful mankind is. Just a bunch of cutesy shit in the woods, with literally no plot at all, until suddenly all the animals panic, die, or watch a fire consume their forest - and the only explanation given is "It was MAN", in this uber somber tone.

Then I realized it came out in 1942. Makes sense.

I most recently watched The Babysitter.

I’d give it a 7-8. It was a good mix of horror and comedy, probably more of a weird satirical comedy than a horror film, though, although it was plenty violent. Plus Samara Weaving is smoking hot.

Hobbs & Shaw - 8.4

Take it for what it's worth and don't overthink it.

7.5/10

If you ever had a dog in your life that meant a great deal to you, it's a tear jerker like Marley & Me.

Spiderman FFH

Solid 8/10, it wasn't among the best of the best Marvel movies or anything but I thoroughly enjoyed it

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    Toy Story 4

It was good...objectively I suppose, BUT...it still felt like that old friend who stillcomes around who's still pretty cool but you wish he had stayed in the past so you don't have to associate him with your new adult life and instead can keep him in the "warm childhood memories" category...
    Speaking of which, is this like your first post in 3years?

Quote Originally Posted by Celtics 1825
    Spiderman FFH

Solid 8/10, it wasn't among the best of the best Marvel movies or anything but I thoroughly enjoyed it
    All you can hope for at this point in the MCU is improvement from the last. Homecoming to me was average to slightly above average, Far From Home was clearly above average. I love the Mysterio illusion sequence showing zombie Iron Man paying tribute to the lore. That whole scene was awesome and kind of scary.

Also towards the end when Peter finally uses his spider sense ability to it's fullness was great. It was a proper Spider-man movie, a tiny cherry on top to close out Phase 3.

I'm definitely looking forward to The Eternals, Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness and Thor: Love & Thunder. I'm really curious about Doctor Strange since they said they're going to gear that towards a horror theme. Something totally different in the MCU.