Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > G League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

G League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum G League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 07-25-2010, 01:23 AM   #166
O.J A 6'4Mamba
Power32 (OJ Mayo)

Default Re: USA Basketball - Blue vs. White Game (ESPN2, 10:00 PM EST) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3zz4rr
What exactly did he kill? He played selfish and turned the ball way too much. The dude played the most minutes in the game and didn't do that much damage. Yeah he shot the ball well but what else did he do?

Gay is a scorer and that's about it. He has the tools to be a world class defender, but shows no interest in playing defense. He is naturally very stat orientated especially in the points department which is his biggest strength and weakness. He is only 24 I think, if he gets his head together he could be a scary player. He just doesn't seem to have the intangibles naturaly that fellow teammates Gasol and Mayo seem to possess
O.J A 6'4Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 01:27 AM   #167
O.J A 6'4Mamba
Power32 (OJ Mayo)

Default Re: 2010 USA Basketball Showcase Vegas game: 10pm ET Saturday, ESPN2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue.Legend
Mayo Sucks. He is getting cut, and i see why you are upset.

Rondo is a beast, you can't really blame him.

http://www.usabasketball.com/mens/na...010_07_24.html

Ball Don't Lie.I have learned this through experience, just because you say it doesn't mean it is true
Old 07-25-2010, 02:08 AM   #168
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
http://www.usabasketball.com/mens/na...010_07_24.html

Ball Don't Lie.I have learned this through experience, just because you say it doesn't mean it is true

LOL @ your Mayo love. People hate him here because YOU over-rate him. He wasn't the 2nd best player, or 3rd.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 02:09 AM   #169
Carmeloo15
Decent playground baller

anyone want wallace to be on the roster?

but he not playing well today...

missed 4 three points..
Carmeloo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 02:09 AM   #170
Go Getter
Wild 100's

How did my boy D. Rose do?

I glanced at the box score and saw he led the game in assists and had 0 turnovers.

Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 02:15 AM   #171
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmeloo15

missed 4 three points..

He did have a weak game, but his perimeter defense will be desperately needed against all of those international 3pt shooting bigs. This will be a tough call.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 02:31 AM   #172
Darius
Good college starter

Durant is going to have a hell of a season next year.

Liked what Gordon, Chandler and D-Rose did.

Love watching Westbrook play but not sure if his style is best for international ball. He'll murder the Angolas of the world with his full court pressure but his lack of shooting with hurt vs Spain etc.
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 02:33 AM   #173
ReturnofJPR
ISH og

My final 12:

Derrick Rose
Rajon Rondo
Chauncey Billups
Stephen Curry
OJ Mayo
Danny Granger
Rudy Gay
Kevin Durant
Kevin Love
Lamar Odom
Brook Lopez
Tyson Chandler
ReturnofJPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 02:36 AM   #174
O.J A 6'4Mamba
Power32 (OJ Mayo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
How did my boy D. Rose do?

I glanced at the box score and saw he led the game in assists and had 0 turnovers.

Derrick has shut me up. I was one to lead the Westbrook>Rose movement after Westbrook abused Fisher. It is obvious though that Rose is the better player. Westbrook can't stand a lone he is the product of Kevin Durant assist wise. He is not a great playmaker and turns the ball over too much. He thinks he has a great offensive game, but really doesn't which is why he shoots such a horrendous percentage from the field.

Derrick Rose was the best pg tonight, but even his assists were a product of Kevin Durant. Rose just made the simply pass to Durant off a screen or something and Durant would fire at will.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:39 AM   #175
CLTHornets4eva
Original ISH CLTHornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmeloo15

missed 4 three points..

Best defender on the team. He is safe. He may not be a shooter, but he can rebound and play D. He is a coach K role player.
CLTHornets4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 02:39 AM   #176
ReturnofJPR
ISH og

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTHornets4eva
Best defender on the team. He is safe. He may not be a shooter, but he can rebound and play D. He is a coach K role player.

I don't know...

Who is your final 12 then?
ReturnofJPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 02:41 AM   #177
O.J A 6'4Mamba
Power32 (OJ Mayo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius
Durant is going to have a hell of a season next year.

Liked what Gordon, Chandler and D-Rose did.

Love watching Westbrook play but not sure if his style is best for international ball. He'll murder the Angolas of the world with his full court pressure but his lack of shooting with hurt vs Spain etc.

Neither Westbrook or Rondo are what this team needs or best for international ball. They are both kinda of ball dominate especially Rondo, and they both turn the ball over way too much.

With Derrick Rose actually understanding the concept of not being ball dominate and Billups for experience. I don't see why we just keep 2 PGs on our squad. Then get keep 3 sgs OJ Mayo, Stephen Curry, and Eric Gordon. I mean it isn't that hard to give the ball to Kevin Durant and get out his way then hit open shots when need be. OJ showed tonight that he can play the SF spot for international play since he added muscle. I really hope Coach K makes the right decision by cutting either Westbrook or Rondo.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:42 AM   #178
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
Derrick has shut me up. I was one to lead the Westbrook>Rose movement after Westbrook abused Fisher. It is obvious though that Rose is the better player. Westbrook can't stand a lone he is the product of Kevin Durant assist wise. He is not a great playmaker and turns the ball over too much. He thinks he has a great offensive game, but really doesn't which is why he shoots such a horrendous percentage from the field.

Derrick Rose was the best pg tonight, but even his assists were a product of Kevin Durant. Rose just made the simply pass to Durant off a screen or something and Durant would fire at will.

People don't think he has the skill and obviously exhibitions/off court activities don't count but D. Rose did kill in the skills competition.

The ability is there.

I think Rose will start to shine more after the confidence he gleans for team USA and the improved Bull's roster.

Coach K and Coleagelo have no stock in putting D. Rose over any other player--besides winning and keeping their jobs/reputations.

This says something [however how minor] about where Rose is right now as far as his game and his respect in the basketball community.

If Westbrook or OJ or Rondo would have had 8 assists off of 0 turns people would have been talking about their PG play and court vision.

Why doesn't Rose get that same credit?
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 02:43 AM   #179
O.J A 6'4Mamba
Power32 (OJ Mayo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
LOL @ your Mayo love. People hate him here because YOU over-rate him. He wasn't the 2nd best player, or 3rd.

don't lie to yourself, he was tonight and the box score proves it. Even that doesn't do justice for his leadership out there. Give the man his props and let's see what happens during the first exhibition.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:47 AM   #180
O.J A 6'4Mamba
Power32 (OJ Mayo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
People don't think he has the skill and obviously exhibitions/off court activities don't count but D. Rose did kill in the skills competition.

The ability is there.

I think Rose will start to shine more after the confidence he gleans for team USA and the improved Bull's roster.

Coach K and Coleagelo have no stock in putting D. Rose over any other player--besides winning and keeping their jobs/reputations.

This says something [however how minor] about where Rose is right now as far as his game and his respect in the basketball community.

If Westbrook or OJ or Rondo would have had 8 assists off of 0 turns people would have been talking about their PG play and court vision.

Why doesn't Rose get that same credit?

I liked the fact that Rose took care of the ball in such a sloppy game. He controlled the game nicely, but Kevin Durant made him look good assist wise. Durant is honestly one of the best catch and shoot guys to have ever played in the NBA.

Rose wasn't like Jason Kidd though with eyes in the back of his head. I do recall saying one time wow, that was a good pass. That is a scale I factor court vision on, not a simply pass to a catch and shooter coming of a pick. Rondo had a few wow that was a nice pass moment, but he was too sloppy with the ball.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: