Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2007, 09:11 AM   #16
Drazen_Petrovic
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 293
Default Re: Evaluate potential playoff opponents

I think the piston net matchup wouldn't be too bad. I don't remember all the games this season. I remember one, where we gave up the lead. Possibly, in the playoffs, the nets could play more focused and start playing some lockdown defense down the stretch of the game. The other game I remember was lost due to poor officiating, no call against rasheed wallace for obvious contact, and billups getting the call on phantom contact. I think the nets would have a chance, however, I would prefer not to battle them in the 1st round. I guess we'll get a glimpse of what it would be like tonight.
Drazen_Petrovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:42 AM   #17
gigantes
A piece of fluff
 
gigantes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,699
Default Re: Evaluate potential playoff opponents

and with Miami, Collins has be ineffective vs Shaq this year, possibly due to his reduced weight.

shaq, at this point in his career, has to be a question mark. he can have periods of vintage shaq but at other times be almost transparent. as long as we have the four healthy big men (especially uncle cliffy) to throw at him it's hard for me to worry about him too much.


too bad the Nets came up short when it counted, KRstic or no Krstic.

i don't fear the flip saunders pistons as much as i did the larry brown pistons. the old team could flat out shut you down. this team doesn't seem as tough or dangerous.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 05:50 PM   #18
Big Rook
I airball my layups
 
Big Rook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 93
Default Re: Evaluate potential playoff opponents

Who cares who I apologized to. My mistake. Anyways the reason rknine 15 I said I questioned your comprehension skills was because AT NO POINT WAS T.J. FORD A CANCER, THE FACT THAT YOU ADMITTED YOU WERE WRONG IS NOT THE ISSUE, THE FACT THAT YOU SAID HE WAS A CANCER WHETHER IT WAS AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON, A WEEK AGO, OR TODAY WAS THE REASON I QUESTIONED YOU AND YOUR COMPREHENSION SKILLS.

Mike James played for a contract and not for the Raptors. He would get upset when the Raptors won and he did not get his 15-20 points, or if he got little pt.

rknine15 Dude do you suffer from dyslexia, or a learning disorder. You seem to constantly flip words around in sentences and use them incoherently. Just read some of the the things you previosuly wrote i.e) Im sry but can i ask you a question "Do you take drugs for other reasons than medicinal purposes?"
You bonehead you try and cut people up but you make yourself look stupid. the word "other" should fall after "reasons." Get that checked out I think someone can help you with that.

We Raptors fans try and be civilized on other team forums, but it is hard to take you Nets posters seriously when you say "Raptors suck balls" and always try and start crap with Raptor posters even if they are making valid points with respect to the thread. Any mistake is blown out of proportion, any debatable issue is automatically dismissed as being absurd and a Raptor homerism. But somehow you guys get off on thinking that the Nets will just turn on a switch once the playoffs begin and start beating teams like the Cavaliers, Heat, Wizards and Raptors. Good luck, your predictions for the most part have been wrong all year. Remember it was all these "basketball experts" that thought the Nets would win the Atlantic and get 50 wins and the Raps would be the worst team in the NBA. LMFAO just like I will be come playoff time. I'll talk to you guys about the Nets impending loss to Detroit later.
Big Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 06:00 PM   #19
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,369
Default Re: Evaluate potential playoff opponents

take it easy. don't be a bigot.



there will be fan rivalry, but do not assume all Nets fans want to troll on the Raptors boards and don't assume you are completely innocent either.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 06:26 PM   #20
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass
 
RecSpecs110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,020
Default Re: Evaluate potential playoff opponents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rook
Who cares who I apologized to. My mistake. Anyways the reason rknine 15 I said I questioned your comprehension skills was because AT NO POINT WAS T.J. FORD A CANCER, THE FACT THAT YOU ADMITTED YOU WERE WRONG IS NOT THE ISSUE, THE FACT THAT YOU SAID HE WAS A CANCER WHETHER IT WAS AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON, A WEEK AGO, OR TODAY WAS THE REASON I QUESTIONED YOU AND YOUR COMPREHENSION SKILLS.

Mike James played for a contract and not for the Raptors. He would get upset when the Raptors won and he did not get his 15-20 points, or if he got little pt.

rknine15 Dude do you suffer from dyslexia, or a learning disorder. You seem to constantly flip words around in sentences and use them incoherently. Just read some of the the things you previosuly wrote i.e) Im sry but can i ask you a question "Do you take drugs for other reasons than medicinal purposes?"
You bonehead you try and cut people up but you make yourself look stupid. the word "other" should fall after "reasons." Get that checked out I think someone can help you with that.

We Raptors fans try and be civilized on other team forums, but it is hard to take you Nets posters seriously when you say "Raptors suck balls" and always try and start crap with Raptor posters even if they are making valid points with respect to the thread. Any mistake is blown out of proportion, any debatable issue is automatically dismissed as being absurd and a Raptor homerism. But somehow you guys get off on thinking that the Nets will just turn on a switch once the playoffs begin and start beating teams like the Cavaliers, Heat, Wizards and Raptors. Good luck, your predictions for the most part have been wrong all year. Remember it was all these "basketball experts" that thought the Nets would win the Atlantic and get 50 wins and the Raps would be the worst team in the NBA. LMFAO just like I will be come playoff time. I'll talk to you guys about the Nets impending loss to Detroit later.

OMG, you are so self-contradictory, you know that? Before you go to OTHER TEAM'S FORUMS, call people boneheads, AND claim that you are civilized, why don't you slow down and think twice? You're the one who's coming to OUR forum saying crap about how the Nets lose all the time and how the Raptors will blow us out if we match up against you. And don't even say you didn't say that, because I know you did before, just like that other guy, GoRapz, or whatever the hell his name is.

You know, I had respect for Raptor fans and the Raptors in general when they started to win. But it makes it that much harder to be respectful when you guys rub in our faces when we're having an off year (filled with injuries and personal issues). You don't see me trolling around the Raptors forum and saying bad things about the Raptors, do you? I have every right to say they suck in here, because this is the NETS FORUM. You guys probably take shots at us in your forum, and that's your right, too. I couldn't care less what you say on your side of the forum. But once you come here and talk crap about us, that's when you cross the line. And btw, it's called a joke. Do you really think I mean it when I said they sucked balls? I even had this expression, " " to indicate I was just kidding. All the unintelligent posts that I make are to let off steam and sort of get back at all those Raptor fans who "rub salt on the wound." Don't take it personally.

We never said we would beat the Heat, but we can beat the Cavs, the Wizards, and you guys. You know why? Because we have beaten you before, and we have way more playoff experience. We never said that we are sure that we'll beat you, we said we have a good chance.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 06:32 PM   #21
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,369
Default Re: Evaluate potential playoff opponents

I am hesitant to use my moderator powers too far... for fear of misusing them again.



but if fellow nets fans want me to erase the bad posts, I will do so.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 06:44 PM   #22
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass
 
RecSpecs110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,020
Default Re: Evaluate potential playoff opponents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rook
We Raptors fans try and be civilized on other team forums.................................I'll talk to you guys about the Nets impending loss to Detroit later.

rknine15 Dude do you suffer from dyslexia, or a learning disorder. You seem to constantly flip words around in sentences and use them incoherently. Just read some of the the things you previosuly wrote i.e) Im sry but can i ask you a question "Do you take drugs for other reasons than medicinal purposes?"
You bonehead you try and cut people up but you make yourself look stupid. the word "other" should fall after "reasons." Get that checked out I think someone can help you with that.

Yep, you are very civilized.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:07 PM   #23
Big Rook
I airball my layups
 
Big Rook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 93
Default Re: Evaluate potential playoff opponents

I know I'm not innocent.

I will try to refrain from starting crap, all in an effort to ease any fearfullness that VCDrivesAPorscheToWork may feel about misusing his moderator powers.
Big Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:10 PM   #24
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,369
Default Re: Evaluate potential playoff opponents

thank you very much.


you're free to argue your points on basketball, just keep the "attack other posters directly" to a minimum.


this goes for everyone.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:00 PM   #25
rknine15
Buckets Baby
 
rknine15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,337
Default Re: Evaluate potential playoff opponents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rook
Who cares who I apologized to. My mistake. Anyways the reason rknine 15 I said I questioned your comprehension skills was because AT NO POINT WAS T.J. FORD A CANCER, THE FACT THAT YOU ADMITTED YOU WERE WRONG IS NOT THE ISSUE, THE FACT THAT YOU SAID HE WAS A CANCER WHETHER IT WAS AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON, A WEEK AGO, OR TODAY WAS THE REASON I QUESTIONED YOU AND YOUR COMPREHENSION SKILLS.

Mike James played for a contract and not for the Raptors. He would get upset when the Raptors won and he did not get his 15-20 points, or if he got little pt.

rknine15 Dude do you suffer from dyslexia, or a learning disorder. You seem to constantly flip words around in sentences and use them incoherently. Just read some of the the things you previosuly wrote i.e) Im sry but can i ask you a question "Do you take drugs for other reasons than medicinal purposes?"
You bonehead you try and cut people up but you make yourself look stupid. the word "other" should fall after "reasons." Get that checked out I think someone can help you with that.

We Raptors fans try and be civilized on other team forums, but it is hard to take you Nets posters seriously when you say "Raptors suck balls" and always try and start crap with Raptor posters even if they are making valid points with respect to the thread. Any mistake is blown out of proportion, any debatable issue is automatically dismissed as being absurd and a Raptor homerism. But somehow you guys get off on thinking that the Nets will just turn on a switch once the playoffs begin and start beating teams like the Cavaliers, Heat, Wizards and Raptors. Good luck, your predictions for the most part have been wrong all year. Remember it was all these "basketball experts" that thought the Nets would win the Atlantic and get 50 wins and the Raps would be the worst team in the NBA. LMFAO just like I will be come playoff time. I'll talk to you guys about the Nets impending loss to Detroit later.
You must have some brain issues. You might have to get locked up b/c you might hurt someone or you might hurt yourself. I recommend you visit your local doctor.You obviously don't know anything about basketball. I said one little thing about Mike James and TJ and you blew it out of proportion.

When you stated "Mike James played for a contract and not for the Raptors. He would get upset when the Raptors won and he did not get his 15-20 points, or if he got little pt." You proved that you clearly dont know anything about the Raptors and now you prove to us that you are a liar.

BTW when the hell did i say "Raptors suck balls" you clearly need you brain checked or you need glasses.

Oh, and by the way you started the topic about Carter being a cancer for New Jersey. He was never a cancer for New Jersey. Gimme proofs, I watch all the games. Your basing your opinion on Carter based on his final year in Toronto.

Also, I'm not the one who started the "I've had it with TJ" thread. There are many raptor fans that are bashing TJ Ford, why don't you pick a fight with them?

I watch all the raptors and nets games. It's evident that the raptors won't get far with TJ being the starting point guard, Calderon is clearly the better player. You seriously need to find another hobby b/c you CLEARLY don't know anything about basketball.
rknine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:29 PM   #26
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass
 
RecSpecs110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,020
Default Re: Evaluate potential playoff opponents

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknine15
BTW when the hell did i say "Raptors suck balls" you clearly need you brain checked or you need glasses.

That was me. Sorry about that, it was just a joke. Big Rook, let's drop this argument.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 03:20 PM   #27
Big Rook
I airball my layups
 
Big Rook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 93
Default Re: Evaluate potential playoff opponents

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknine15
You must have some brain issues. You might have to get locked up b/c you might hurt someone or you might hurt yourself. I recommend you visit your local doctor.You obviously don't know anything about basketball. I said one little thing about Mike James and TJ and you blew it out of proportion.

When you stated "Mike James played for a contract and not for the Raptors. He would get upset when the Raptors won and he did not get his 15-20 points, or if he got little pt." You proved that you clearly dont know anything about the Raptors and now you prove to us that you are a liar.

BTW when the hell did i say "Raptors suck balls" you clearly need you brain checked or you need glasses.

Oh, and by the way you started the topic about Carter being a cancer for New Jersey. He was never a cancer for New Jersey. Gimme proofs, I watch all the games. Your basing your opinion on Carter based on his final year in Toronto.

Also, I'm not the one who started the "I've had it with TJ" thread. There are many raptor fans that are bashing TJ Ford, why don't you pick a fight with them?

I watch all the raptors and nets games. It's evident that the raptors won't get far with TJ being the starting point guard, Calderon is clearly the better player. You seriously need to find another hobby b/c you CLEARLY don't know anything about basketball.

Not worth my time.
Quote:
It's evident that the raptors won't get far with TJ being the starting point guard


P.S. dude try and learn to make a statement, provide information that backs up what you are saying and then repeat. I don't know everything nor do you. So take it easy with the "YOU" this, "YOU" that.......felt like it was 20 times that you said "YOU"
Big Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 07:34 PM   #28
rknine15
Buckets Baby
 
rknine15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,337
Default Re: Evaluate potential playoff opponents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rook
P.S. dude try and learn to make a statement, provide information that backs up what you are saying and then repeat.
Look who's talking,you never back up what you say. For example, (I'm backing it up right now) when you stated "Carter is a Cancer" you never proved anything.

BTW when are you gonna get your head checked? :)

Now im done wasting my time with YOU
rknine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 07:45 PM   #29
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,369
Default Re: Evaluate potential playoff opponents

okay, after Rknine's post, let this be the FINAL time jabs go left and right. after this one, I will be erasing posts.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:31 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy