Magic: Bird, Hakeem, Dr. J, Moses, Isaiah

Kobe: Prime Duncan, Prime Garnett

Duncan: Shaq, Kobe, Lebron

Hakeem: Barkley, Malone, Stockton, Shaq

Dirk: Wade, Bron, Kobe, Duncan, Garnett

Wade: Dirk, Garnett, Old Duncan

Shaq: Duncan, MJ, Dirk

Lebron: Old Man Duncan, Old Man Garnett

Does Lebron not have the least impressive resume?
    Kobe is not top 25. Neither is Wade.

Default Re: Top 25 opponents beat in playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Face
    Stockton leads the all time career steals, top 2 in career assist. Top 35? You do realize that if the Jazz didn't play the GOAT in 2 consecutive years in the Finals, Stockton will be a 2 time NBA champion.
    2001 Kobe better than 98 MJ for me. Jordan calls "goat" cause his 88-93 era .

And i talked about that , i rate players for their impacts , not team accomplishments or records .

Quote Originally Posted by feyki

And i talked about that , i rate players for their impacts , not team accomplishments or records .
    Yeah ok. Good luck arguing that. I'm sure many people will take you seriously.

Impact:

WS : 15.8 vs 11.3 = adv Jordan
    WS/48: 0.238 vs 0.196 = adv Jordan
    BPM : 4.6 vs 4.2. = adv Jordan
    VORP: 5.3 vs 4.4. = adv Jordan
    PER 25.2 vs 24.5. = adv Jordan
    PPG 28.7 on 46.5% vs 28.5 on 46.4% = significant advantage MJ especially considering that he - as a 35 year old and carrying a roster RAVAGED by injuries was the primary focus of the defense while Kobe has Shaq commanding double teams and leaving him open and on single coverage.

This is ISH and we hear a lot of dumb garbage but this is one of the most laughable things any poster has made on here in a while. 2001 Kobe is better than 98 Jordan who carried the Bulls to 62 wins with Pippen missing half the year, with Longley and kerry missing time and culminating in sweeping the MVP awards and winning the title as lead dog for a record 6th time post-merger .
    Last edited by Mr Feeny; 12-02-2015 at 08:04 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat
    You crazy?

Duncan is easily top 10, 5-7 all time, while Garnett maybe makes top 25 barely.
    ...you're a ****ing idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    ...you're a ****ing idiot.
    Why bother responding? You already know he has no clue about basketball. Why bother with these kids?

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Top 25 (all time) opponents beat in playoffs

Garnett is behind Duncan, Malone, Barkley and Dirk for his position alone, you are the kids, only kids think Garnett can hang with Malone and Barkley.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    Yeah ok. Good luck arguing that. I'm sure many people will take you seriously.

Impact:

WS : 15.8 vs 11.3 = adv Jordan
    WS/48: 0.238 vs 0.196 = adv Jordan
    BPM : 4.6 vs 4.2. = adv Jordan
    VORP: 5.3 vs 4.4. = adv Jordan
    PER 25.2 vs 24.5. = adv Jordan
    PPG 28.7 on 46.5% vs 28.5 on 46.4% = significant advantage MJ especially considering that he - as a 35 year old and carrying a roster RAVAGED by injuries was the primary focus of the defense while Kobe has Shaq commanding double teams and leaving him open and on single coverage.

This is ISH and we hear a lot of dumb garbage but this is one of the most laughable things any poster has made on here in a while. 2001 Kobe is better than 98 Jordan who carried the Bulls to 62 wins with Pippen missing half the year, with Longley and kerry missing time and culminating in sweeping the MVP awards and winning the title as lead dog for a record 6th time post-merger .

33-7-7 , 121 ortg , 93 drtg against 98 drtg team (1 of 29 ) .

First time I've ever heard someone make this claim.

33-7-7 , 121 ortg , 93 drtg against 98 drtg team (1 of 29 ) .
    That's a great series. I'll say that again. Series. One series. On single coverage before promptly stinking up the place in the finals while defended by Eric Snow.

And given the lack of insight in your ridiculous original post, I'm not surprised that you've contradicted yourself by stating that you look at individual impact and not team impact and then bring up offensive and defensive impact, of all things.Those are driven as much as anything by how the team is doing.

I've provided every prominent individual metric and it isn't even a case. I don't know what you're on. Perhaps you're embarrassed that Duncan was woeful and are hyping up any player on the opposition to detract from any rightful criticism for his atrocious displays that postseason. You would know.

But arguing that 2001 Kobe is better than 98 MJ isn't gonna do you many favors.
    Last edited by Mr Feeny; 12-02-2015 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23
    First time I've ever heard someone make this claim.
    I already told him that it's one of the absolute DUMBEST things I've ever heard. And i post here, in a hotbed of insanity - ISH. I've never ever heard anyone say that before and I doubt that I ever will besides this guy. Nobody would want to humiliate himself by saying something that stupid out loud and arguing it.

That's a great series. I'll say that again. Series. One series. On single coverage before promptly stinking up the place in the finals while defended by Eric Snow.

And given the lack of insight in your ridiculous original post, I'm not surprised that you've contradicted yourself by stating that you look at individual impact and not team impacts and then bring up offensive and defensive impacts (Of all things). Those are driven as much as anything by how the team is doing.

I've provided every prominent individual metric and it isn't even a case. I don't know what you're on. Perhaps you're embarrassed that Duncan was woeful and are hyping up any player on the opposition to detract from any rightful criticism for his atrocious displays that postseason. You would know.

But arguing that 2001 Kobe is better than 98 MJ isn't gonna do you many favors.
    Your arguements only about regular season , you should look playoffs than season . Actually Kobe has two great series at 2001 . Kobe also played tougher competiton than 98 Jordan at 2001 .

Kobe's Spurs and Kings series above Jordan's Jazz and Pacers series for me .

Your arguements only about regular season , you should look playoffs than season . Actually Kobe has two great series at 2001 . Kobe also played tougher competiton than 98 Jordan at 2001 .

Kobe's Spurs and Kings series above Jordan's Jazz and Pacers series for me .
    So take everything into account. Make a coherent argument. You want to talk about series? That's great. I dont mean to sound rude or like an asshole but bear with me and lets discuss this.
    If we want to talk about series, then there's nothing more important than the NBA finals. A 40%fg shooter during the finals who struggled massively on single coverage by Eric Snow is not gonna make a case for an all time great post season run.
    Not only is the rest of that subjextive but Individual defensive matchups matter more than the overall level. A guard playing against Lebron's heat teams would have struggled as he'd have had to face combinations of Lebron, Wade and Battier while any decent big man could demolish the Heat's front court. Case in point, they made Hibbert look like Kareem.

Arguing that Hibbert is an all time great for being fortunate enough not to match up with the Heat's strength defensively is as asinine as it comes. Look into the individual matchups and apply some perspective. Being guarded by Bryon Russell is a much more daunting task then facing Eric Snow and I don't know anybody who would dispute that. If you'd like to carry on making one ridiculous point after the other, please do so. I'm gonna take them apart one by one.

Just when I think the level of posting in this board can't get any worse, I'm hearing that 2001 Frobe is better than the Jordan who swept the MVP's and lead a debilitated team to a 3rd straight title as lead dog. And won the scoring title to boot. Smh.
    Last edited by Mr Feeny; 12-02-2015 at 09:10 AM.

So take everything into account. Make a coherent argument. You want to talk about series? That's great. I dont mean to sound rude or like an asshole but bear with me and lets discuss this.
    If we want to talk about series, then there's nothing more important than the NBA finals. A 40%fg shooter during the finals who struggled massively on single coverage by Eric Snow is not gonna make a case for an all time great post season run.
    Not only is the rest of that subjextive but Individual defensive matchups matter more than the overall level. A guard playing against Lebron's heat teams would have struggled as he'd have had to face combinations of Lebron, Wade and Battier while any decent big man could demolish the Heat's front court. Case in point, they made Hibbert look like Kareem.

Arguing that Hibbert is an all time great for being fortunate enough not to match up with the Heat's strength defensively is as asinine as it comes. Look into the individual matchups and apply some perspective. Being guarded by Bryon Russell is a much more daunting task then facing Eric Snow and I don't know anybody who would dispute that. If you'd like to carry on making one ridiculous point after the other, please do so. I'm gonna take them apart one by one.

Just when I think the level of posting in this board can't get any worse, I'm hearing that 2001 Frobe is better than the Jordan who swept the MVP's and lead a debilitated team to a 3rd straight title as lead dog. And won the scoring title to boot. Smh.
    Please , be objective .

Peak to peak ; Kobe's performances against Spurs above Jordan's performances against Jazz , Kobe's performances against Kings above Jordan's performances against Pacers.

We must look at competition , not prestige area(An example ; Lakers vs Kings at 2000 and Lakers vs Nets at 2002 ) .

Local High School Star SpanishACB's Avatar

not rating stockton emphaizes all that's wrong with stat whore nba corporates like you

that's not basketball you're talking about

Quote Originally Posted by SpanishACB
    not rating stockton emphaizes all that's wrong with stat whore nba corporates like you

that's not basketball you're talking about
    Better than subjective bitches .