Default Final Fantasy XIV

Just finished the new expansion, tons of content and fun. Totally worth the monthly fee, only games even close right now are WOW, ESO, and maybe GW2.

Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV

whats the end game like once you hit max level?

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    whats the end game like once you hit max level?
    It's very fun from what i've seen/been told by friends. I just hit level cap yesterday and finished main story so I can now start the endgame raids. The battle system got revamped a bit so my class(Bard) is much more fun to play than last expansion too. Can't wait

i have been looking for a new mmo ever since wow died, maybe ill give this a try

i have been looking for a new mmo ever since wow died, maybe ill give this a try
    Free trial up to level 35, used to be two weeks but now no time limit. Give it a shot fam, just know it won't have all your skills yet cuz that's around level 50-70. What kind of player are you? The community is extremely active for everything from raiding to role-playing(lol), the devs have live letters and take community input very, very seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by sammichoffate
    Free trial up to level 35, used to be two weeks but now no time limit. Give it a shot fam, just know it won't have all your skills yet cuz that's around level 50-70. What kind of player are you? The community is extremely active for everything from raiding to role-playing(lol), the devs have live letters and take community input very, very seriously.
    in other mmos ive played i usually go with ranged dps

in other mmos ive played i usually go with ranged dps
    There's a bunch of good classes atm for ranged like archer, black mage, summoner, good thing about the game is that all the classes can be viable even if they're not currently the best at what they do. Everyone is pretty balanced

Quote Originally Posted by sammichoffate
    There's a bunch of good classes atm for ranged like archer, black mage, summoner, good thing about the game is that all the classes can be viable even if they're not currently the best at what they do. Everyone is pretty balanced
    based on my past experience with mmos (mostly wow) I kinda have a hard time believing this. in mmos i have played, once you reach the competitive end-game content, being the absolute best at what you do is critical if you want to get invited for difficult content and keep progressing.

if you arent first, youre last!

based on my past experience with mmos (mostly wow) I kinda have a hard time believing this. in mmos i have played, once you reach the competitive end-game content, being the absolute best at what you do is critical if you want to get invited for difficult content and keep progressing.

if you arent first, youre last!
    There's always gonna be "better" classes/jobs, but all the top DPS atm are very similar atm other than maybe one melee class(Dragoon). Utility is a huge factor as well, some groups will take certain classes with them on raids because of certain abilities that boost others' dps or helps support the team. I would try out the game first, it's much more different than WoW.