Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Default Re: Jimmer video. Ive watched him a bit this year and I cant decide on a prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by KB2clutch
    you need to watch the way they score tho, jj was a catch and shoot player playing off the ball, while jimmer creates his own shot off the dribble which is much more difficult, plus teams game plans are much more focused on stopping jimmer than they were for jj
    What was Gordon better at than Jimmer? Outside of a more consistent floater, Jimmer can pretty much do anything Gordon does/did but has better range and consistency.

You can say put Ben on BYU and he'd do well, but I can counter by saying you give Jimmer a dominant big like Emeka and you'd have a guy who'd get to play one on one more often and even more scoring opportunities than he currently gets.

Default Re: Jimmer video. Ive watched him a bit this year and I cant decide on a prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    How so?

Jimmer is averaging two points more a game than Redick's best year. Other than Freshman year, Jimmer's average was higher every year.
    Jimmer plays in the MWC....JJ played in the ACC.

BYU plays Montana and Utah State on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    What was Gordon better at than Jimmer? Outside of a more consistent floater, Jimmer can pretty much do anything Gordon does/did but has better range and consistency.

You can say put Ben on BYU and he'd do well, but I can counter by saying you give Jimmer a dominant big like Emeka and you'd have a guy who'd get to play one on one more often and even more scoring opportunities than he currently gets.
    quicker?
    more bounce?
    better handle?
    better finish with contact?

Stop it. BG can finish like someone much taller and has more lift and a better ability to get his shot off.

Remember when he crossed the dog shit outta Wade?

Banned

theres nothing gordon is better than jimmer at... except maybe throwing down the occasional unexpected dunk. Jimmer is the best white prospect to come to the nba for a long time

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    I think he iis projected to go around pick 15 right now. I think he will be able to get his shots off, it's defensively that will be the issue. The reason I think he'll be able to get his shots off is his range, he will have to be guarded way out.

He will be better suited to play on a team with a good shot blocker.
    I agree with all that, but the thing is there are many players getting major minutes in the NBA who are not good defenders. I think Fredette will get more playing time than Redick.

Steve Kerr

Quote Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD
    Steve Kerr
    Fredette is better than Kerr because he can create his own shot.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Any new opinions on him? I got to see like...10 minutes of the game. Didnt really get a read. Box score wasnt great but....that doesnt always say much.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Any new opinions on him? I got to see like...10 minutes of the game. Didnt really get a read. Box score wasnt great but....that doesnt always say much.
    just cuz he's white doesn't mean he's got great IQ. chucks up shots like he's JR Smith.

Obvious bad tendencies and shot selections that coaches at BYU let him get away with. If he wants to play on the next level he will need to dial his game back to spot up shooting

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Near the end of the game, it looked like he was trying to do everything by himself. A lot of holding the ball, breaking down the opponent. He stopped the ball a ton when it got to him. He shot a lot of unadvised threes with a man all over him. It seemed like he was either fatigued or didn't have the confidence he usually has.

he was good he didnt choke , but he did not deliver and now the nba will reject him, little white shooters dont belong in the black mans league, learn to pass and play like j-will and then maybe

Thank you Based Presti OKCThunderUP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lebob23
    he was good he didnt choke , but he did not deliver and now the nba will reject him, little white shooters dont belong in the black mans league, learn to pass and play like j-will and then maybe
    Wow.

I just watched him chuck contested 3 after 3 after 3 and miss like 90% of them. He's the reason they lost. He's horrible and just another puppet for BSPN to hype up.

If he tries that sh*t in the NBA, his ass will be benched within the first 5 minutes of his rookie debut for the entire season.

At least Redick played within a system and shot 3's from inside-out offense. But this guy literally takes the ball in the half-court, dribbles to the 3 point line, and chucks a 3.

I don't care about his teammates' offensive abilities/inabilities, he plays like a moron. And any idiot would know for sure that the coach didn't draw up those "plays."
    Last edited by RecSpecs110; 03-25-2011 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RecSpecs110
    I just watched him chuck contested 3 after 3 after 3 and miss like 90% of them. He's the reason they lost. He's horrible and just another puppet for BSPN to hype up.

If he tries that sh*t in the NBA, his ass will be benched within the first 5 minutes of his rookie debut for the entire season.

At least Redick played within a system and shot 3's from inside-out offense. But this guy literally takes the ball in the half-court, dribbles to the 3 point line, and chucks a 3.

I don't care about his teammates' offensive abilities/inabilities, he's plays like a moron. And any idiot would know for sure that the coach didn't draw up those "plays."
    The white Vernon Maxwell?