Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: BREAKING: Mavs finalizing deal with Jameer Nelson. 2 yrs/6 million

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    Hey for the mavs sake... look at who just won the championship, Duncan is like 384382 years old... you don't need a super star to win... just a cohesive unit

true true

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

good stuff Cuban

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    I'm pretty sure they are going to have Harris off the bench b/c they like the way he plays with Wright. At least this is what they will do to start the year. They are still being cautious with his toe b/c the surgery was experimental.

By the end of the year I think Devin will be at a minimum playing starters minutes like Terry did when he was the 6th man. Of course that would require him to remain healthy all year which is kind of a big if with Devin.
    Yea...that's a really good point about Wright/Harris.

Serious playground baller shortsoptional's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    I'm pretty sure they are going to have Harris off the bench b/c they like the way he plays with Wright.
    Did not even think about that...true.

My thought process was just that they would want some size to start the game out with. Monta surprisingly held his own at the SG position last year...was just thinking for the 6'6''+ SG's, they'd want Devin in there. But I personally don't mind undersized players on the perimeter as much as most.

the WHITE side

Quote Originally Posted by Finger Roll
    Signing Nelson at this point doesn't exactly warrant a holy shit. Chandler will probably get hurt, so will Jameer, Ellis is Ellis- the guy isn't going to play any better, Vince played great, Dirk is older, Parsons got his contract and probably is the same guy maybe a bit better at best.

First round team.
    Well, yer kinda dumb.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

I was surprised it took this long for him to get a deal. I figured a team might snatch him up for some veteran bench play. And THE team of veterans got him. I like the fit as long as he stays healthy.

+

=

They watched some Felton film?

My condolences Dallas fans.

JaQueertheFear will now be a fan of your team.

Jameer is still a starting caliber pg on a bunch of teams. He is a vet with high bball IQ and will no doubt be a impact player on the Mavs. If Felton was starting, I would be hating it

I am your soldier!

A 2009 all-star team.

Learning to shoot layups Da Hammer's Avatar

Great off season for the Mavs. If Dirk has one last hurrah in him then this team can contend for a championship.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

The Mavs really need some defensive players. They were bad last year and the moves this summer haven't especially made them better. Tyson Chandler isn't going to have a big enough impact with all the weak defensive players on this team. You can't be a real contender if you don't play defense.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich

Quote Originally Posted by qrich