Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default When does it become Lebron's League?

Back in 2007 or so, Duncan said to Lebron "this will be your league soon"

In 2014, this league still doesn't belong to Lebron. In fact Duncan proved to Lebron that 3 old timers (Manu, Duncan, and Ray) are still more competitive than a man in his prime.

Lebron is 30 years old. There isn't much time left for him to take over and claim this to be his league.

When Bird and Magic said to MJ, this is your league now, MJ was 28 years old.

I believe some youngster will surpass Lebron to claim the league as his. I suspect it will be Lillard.

Banned

Default Re: When does it become Lebron's League?

As ridiculous and asinine as the thread title and everything you said was, suggesting the league will ever "become" Lillard's trumps it all.

When the refs quit sucking off the spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    As ridiculous and asinine as the thread title and everything you said was, suggesting the league will ever "become" Lillard's trumps it all.

Guys are overrating that inefficient scorer while hating on Prime Allen Iverson who actually led his team in the NBA Finals. and played in the hand check era. I can just imagine Lillard's FG's percentages in the pre 2006 NBA Rules.

OP is one of the reasons why the the kobetards are the most hated group in this forum.

PS

Lebron > Kobe.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 07-25-2014 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Guys are overrating that inefficient scorer while hating on Prime Allen Iverson who actually led his team in the NBA Finals. and played in the hand check era. I can just imagine Lillard's FG's in the pre 2006 NBA Rules.

OP is one of the reasons why the the kobetards are the most hated group in this forum

PS

Lebron > Kobe.
    Lillard was a 57% TS shooter last season. That's actually as efficient as any of Bean's most efficient seasons basically, granted that Bean scored like 5-7 PPG more though

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno
    Lillard was a 57% TS shooter last season. That's actually as efficient as any of Bean's most efficient seasons basically, granted that Bean scored like 5-7 PPG more though

I was talking about his FG%. 20.7 ppg on 42.4 FG%. People are calling AI a Cancer and a volume scorer, but dude actually averaged 33 ppg on 45 FG% when they updated some rules in 2006.

I rule the local playground

It's hard to say. It sort of is now, with people saying he is the best player in the game now, but i get your point, it doesn't seem like he has really dominated the entire league.

Part of it is because he teamed up with two other franchise players to win his chips, which people are sore about, and he has gotten beaten in the Finals even with his chosen teammates too. If he can't make the Cavs winners very quickly, who knows when ESPN will decide to move onto someone younger and declare him the next GOAT?

I was talking about his FG%. 20.7 ppg on 42.4 FG%. People are calling AI a Cancer and a volume scorer, but dude actually averaged 33 ppg on 45 FG% when they updated some rules in 2006.
    Yeah Lillard's 42% can be attributed to him being terrible at the rim. Very good 3 point shooter, but he shot 53% at the rim. Compare that to Kyrie who shot 57% at the rim. IF Lillard can improve there, he should be shooting around 45% ish maybe

Banned

It's already Lebron's league.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Kite
    In 2014, this league still doesn't belong to Lebron. In fact Duncan proved to Lebron that 3 old timers (Manu, Duncan, and Ray) are still more competitive than a man in his prime.

When Bird and Magic said to MJ, this is your league now, MJ was 28 years old.
    You can share the league also, even when you 'own' it. Perfect example in your post-- Bird and Magic. You don't need to be 'invincible' to own the league.

Banned

Iverson is underrated. That was a 30 year old Iverson.

Prime A.I. would destroy the NBA's current crop of guards.

Yes, even Paul and Westbrook.

Quote Originally Posted by choppermagic
    It's hard to say. It sort of is now, with people saying he is the best player in the game now, but i get your point, it doesn't seem like he has really dominated the entire league.

Part of it is because he teamed up with two other franchise players to win his chips, which people are sore about, and he has gotten beaten in the Finals even with his chosen teammates too. If he can't make the Cavs winners very quickly, who knows when ESPN will decide to move onto someone younger and declare him the next GOAT?
    He was the only consistent performer for the Heat in the 2014 NBA Finals. It way just like Shaq in 2004. His teammates and sidekick sucked, underperformed, and choked at the same time.

Lebron in 7 years is still a 4x NBA MVP, 2x Finals MVP, 1x NBA Scoring Champion, and 3x Playoffs scoring champion.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7

Forget that, Agent Zero would take a shit on them.

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Iverson is underrated. That was a 30 year old Iverson.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7

It's already LeBron's league. 4 Final appearances the last 4 years. Two titles the last 4 years. No one else that wasn't on that Heat team has those accolades.

Also LeBron is changing and dictating the market as we speak. Tons of free agents didn't decide what they were going to do until LeBron made his moved. That move alone made the East wide open for almost anyone last year that was a 5th seed or better. Let's not forget his contract as well. He could be the first player to plan on doing multiple two year contracts consecutively to get the most money he can because of the new TV deal.

No disrespect to the Tim Duncans or Kevin Durants or Kobe Bryants, but ESPN SportsCenter turned into ESPN LeBronCenter for a week while people hung on every rumor of what he was doing.