Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Orlando Magic Forum

Orlando Magic Forum Orlando Magic forum - Orlando Magic message board

Old 06-08-2009, 02:29 AM   #1141
thuggets

Default Re: June 7: Magic @ Lakers, Game 2 (NBA Finals)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
Lakers win up 2-0!!!

Hater keep hating please!!!

yes let them hate, it makes the win so much better!!!!

magic fans and lakers haters

me

you need to grow up and stop being sore losers
Old 06-08-2009, 02:30 AM   #1142
derman
Learning to shoot layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
the refs + Fakers win up 2-0!!!

Fixed for you
derman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:31 AM   #1143
thuggets

Quote:
Originally Posted by derman
Fixed for you

damn another sore loser. how many haters are out there?
Old 06-08-2009, 02:32 AM   #1144
EllEffEll
Local High School Star

I don't give a flying "F" what FIBA would call. This is the NBA and that was not a goaltend in any way, shape or form.

You have the rules and you have the replay. I just dont see how you can feel there was a goaltend on that call. If that makes me biased, then I guess I'll live with that.

As for the series, far from over. Lakers just held serve. Three games in Orlando can swing this thing in a completely different direction.

Last edited by EllEffEll : 06-08-2009 at 02:36 AM.
EllEffEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:41 AM   #1145
flipogb
Banned

I was walking down the street to go to my uncles house(2blks from my house), and I could tell what was going on in overtime by voices of people in their houses, guess Laker fever is in full effect
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:49 AM   #1146
jmill
Oh Indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
That was clearly a terrible, terrible no-call and the officials would be the first to admit their mistake if they saw the replay.

However, it is a little different when all of the officials' eyes are on the ball and the game is in the balance and this happens...

I'm sorry, but if that isn't a goaltend and there is a rule that explains how a player can stick his hand through the basket and slap the rim as the ball is hitting the glass, it needs to be abolished immediately. That is a goaltend in FIBA play.

Please note...I went into this series rooting for LA. The Kobe trolls annoyed me in the Game 1 thread and made me more of a neutral observer who really doesn't like either team and I really couldn't care less who wins.

But, there were several plays in the last five minutes of this game that were just terrible and this was the capper. It would absolutely suck for a Finals game to end on a goaltending call, but, at the same time, how can that possibly be allowed?

In a game decided by fractions of inches, even the slightest movement of the backboard can have a major impact on the flight and rotation of the ball. If that was a legal play, we should see guys doing it every time down floor as soon as a shot is about to make contact with the rim or glass.

FWIW, if it's in the rules then that should be called goaltending but

1. It would still only cancel out the huge blown goaltending by D12 earlier, thus the game would still go to OT.

2. At least with Gasol it didn't affect the shot, that ball wasn't going in either way, at least not imo. I'd feel alot worse if it had been like Dwights where it was blatant and 100% cost the other team two points. That would have been an awful way to end a game.
jmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:05 AM   #1147
TheAnchorman
Luchini from the sky

Bottom line: It did not affect the shot. Anyone who claims it did is either a hardcore Magic fan or Laker hater. QQ more please.
TheAnchorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:17 AM   #1148
rfm767
Local High School Star

Quote:
That was clearly a terrible, terrible no-call and the officials would be the first to admit their mistake if they saw the replay.

However, it is a little different when all of the officials' eyes are on the ball and the game is in the balance and this happens...

I'm sorry, but if that isn't a goaltend and there is a rule that explains how a player can stick his hand through the basket and slap the rim as the ball is hitting the glass, it needs to be abolished immediately. That is a goaltend in FIBA play.

Please note...I went into this series rooting for LA. The Kobe trolls annoyed me in the Game 1 thread and made me more of a neutral observer who really doesn't like either team and I really couldn't care less who wins.

But, there were several plays in the last five minutes of this game that were just terrible and this was the capper. It would absolutely suck for a Finals game to end on a goaltending call, but, at the same time, how can that possibly be allowed?

In a game decided by fractions of inches, even the slightest movement of the backboard can have a major impact on the flight and rotation of the ball. If that was a legal play, we should see guys doing it every time down floor as soon as a shot is about to make contact with the rim or glass.

Sorry but, it is quite clear that you did not came into this series rooting for LA..., so i won't be noting that.
rfm767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:18 AM   #1149
revan
Learning to shoot layups

People act like Gasol stuck his hand through the net and swatted it away, oh wait...
revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:25 AM   #1150
momo
Value Ape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmsupra
Not me ..it was a fair game Lakers executed down the stretch and we Turned the ball over

Props. Repped.
momo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:25 AM   #1151
NewYorkUSCtrojan
Man w/NBA Inside info

With .9 tick left..Tie score..LA should be up by 2 pts anyways..Howard goal tending on Gasol shot was BS!!
NewYorkUSCtrojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:32 AM   #1152
Doranku
Very good NBA starter

Quote:

It didn't even affect the shot. Quit *****ing, and LOL @ you throwing in that you were rooting for the Lakers at the beginning of the series. Give me a break, you're just another LeBron homer deep down and it kills you to see Kobe on the brink of a 4th championship and 1st finals MVP. Dwight's missed call on the goal-tend was way more obvious and blatant and actually cost the Lakers two points because Gasol's shot was going in. Why aren't you complaining about that? Oh, that's right, because you're a biased hater. My apologies.
Doranku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:32 AM   #1153
Allstar24
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Being a Cavs fan, you have no right to complain about the officiating. The officiating in that series was the worst I've seen in the playoffs, with majority of the calls favoring James and the Cavs.

Anyway props to the real Magic fans for keeping it classy.
Allstar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:38 AM   #1154
rfm767
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doranku
It didn't even affect the shot. Quit *****ing, and LOL @ you throwing in that you were rooting for the Lakers at the beginning of the series. Give me a break, you're just another LeBron homer deep down and it kills you to see Kobe on the brink of a 4th championship and 1st finals MVP. Dwight's missed call on the goal-tend was way more obvious and blatant and actually cost the Lakers two points because Gasol's shot was going in. Why aren't you complaining about that? Oh, that's right, because you're a biased hater. My apologies.

LOL yea, obviously he was trying to make his argument look stronger and unbiased by stating he came to this series rooting for LA -= F A I L =-
Old 06-08-2009, 03:46 AM   #1155
rfm767
Local High School Star

Quote:

edit: Please note...I went into this series rooting for everything that is againts LA. But Kobe fans annoyed me in the Game 1 thread and made me even more of a biased hater who really doesn't like the lakers and have completely lost the last drop of racional judgement.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: