Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast
    How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Default Re: The Lingend is over

Quote Originally Posted by pnyozzzoo
    I think you got it right. It's pretty similar to lots African American who never cared about voting before jump on Obama's boat so fast. You know kinda breaking stereotype thing.
    Yep, you don't see me going and voting for Andrew Bogut for all-star game because I'm Australian. Pathetic. Vote for the players that deserve it, not one that has the same skin/eye color/religious beliefs/whatever as you..

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Jesus he's been stinkin' up the joint

1-8 today, 2 points

Look it's just preseason but DAMN look at these stats:

20 minutes, 1-3 (0-2 from 3), 3 points, 1 rebound, 6 assists, 3 steals, 3 turnovers
    23 minutes, 2-6, 9 pts, 1 reb, 7 assists, 2 steals, 2 TO's
    25 minutes, 1-10 (0-3), 4 pts, 1 reb, 1 ast, 1 stl, 2 TO's
    31 minutes, 3-9 (0-3), 7 pts, 5 reb, 12 ast, 4 stl, 2 TO's
    31 minutes, 1-8 (0-1), 2 pts, 3 reb, 5 ast, 2 stl, 6 TO's

Averages: 26.0 MPG, 5.0 PPG, 2.2 RPG, 6.2 APG, 2.4 SPG, 3.0 TO, .222 FG%, .000 3P% (0-9), .600 FT%

Makes Melo look efficient

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    Makes Melo look efficient
    Yeah and at least Melo puts up a high volume of points while being inefficient. Lin is averaging 5 PPG

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    Yep, you don't see me going and voting for Andrew Bogut for all-star game because I'm Australian. Pathetic. Vote for the players that deserve it, not one that has the same skin/eye color/religious beliefs/whatever as you..
    Uh What makes you think there are no Aussies that voted for bogut at all BECAUSE he was aussie?

You are speaking for yourself and yourself only.

I went to a Sonics game in 2007. And there was a huge section of aussie boys waving the aussie flag almost the entire game. They were chanting aussie/rugby style songs.

And when he fouled out, that entire section of aussie fans cheered, " BO GUT! BO GUT!"

Never mind the fact that the Bucks lost. They were rejoiced to have seen one of their own (aussie) to play so well. He got a few dunks and layups and that was the loudest the arena was that game.

And I live in France and Tony Parker gets the same focused attention as Lin too. When french news show basketball highlights, their focus is on the fact that Tony Parker is french. "the frenchman who does France proud by beating americans at their own game."

french fan boys stay up late at night to catch NBA games. I am pretty sure they voted for Parker BECAUSE he was french. The funny thing is most french know $hit about basketball. they think Parker is just as good as LeBron and Joakim Noah (his dad yannick is famous) is as good as Hakeem. I asked a handful of French dudes what they knew of basketball. The only names they knew were Parker, Joakim, Michael Jordan, and Magic Johnson.

And that's basketball only. When Curiosity landed on Mars, they had to take away from the moment and insert some self serving comment about how it was French engineers who built (some part of Curiosity). It was their neeneer neeneer moment about how in their own mind they (the french) upstaged the Americans.

I could go on and on about France. But French people cheer for their own just as much as Asians/Chinese cheer for their own too. And aussies are not different.

the point is...Almost everyone not just asians vote for their own. The only reason China gets attention for voting for their own is because their population is by far the largest one on earth and china is a bankable market. Unlike decadent countries has beens like frenchies and morbidly obese americans.

rant over.
    Last edited by 9512; 10-25-2012 at 07:56 AM.

Lin's stats are not great, but Houston still has 4 - 2 record in the preseason, and Lin still has good +/- when he's on the court. But yeah, it's surprising he has not broken the 10 point barrier in any game yet.

But I want him to do well. I'm not rooting against him just because Dolan is a douche. Let the Linsanity continue.

What a surprise... Lin sucks

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    What a surprise... Lin sucks
    He'll average 7/3/1 and be an all star game starter

Did people really think he was all that good?

Quote Originally Posted by 9512
    Uh What makes you think there are no Aussies that voted for bogut at all BECAUSE he was aussie?

You are speaking for yourself and yourself only.

I went to a Sonics game in 2007. And there was a huge section of aussie boys waving the aussie flag almost the entire game. They were chanting aussie/rugby style songs.

And when he fouled out, that entire section of aussie fans cheered, " BO GUT! BO GUT!"

Never mind the fact that the Bucks lost. They were rejoiced to have seen one of their own (aussie) to play so well. He got a few dunks and layups and that was the loudest the arena was that game.

And I live in France and Tony Parker gets the same focused attention as Lin too. When french news show basketball highlights, their focus is on the fact that Tony Parker is french. "the frenchman who does France proud by beating americans at their own game."

french fan boys stay up late at night to catch NBA games. I am pretty sure they voted for Parker BECAUSE he was french. The funny thing is most french know $hit about basketball. they think Parker is just as good as LeBron and Joakim Noah (his dad yannick is famous) is as good as Hakeem. I asked a handful of French dudes what they knew of basketball. The only names they knew were Parker, Joakim, Michael Jordan, and Magic Johnson.

And that's basketball only. When Curiosity landed on Mars, they had to take away from the moment and insert some self serving comment about how it was French engineers who built (some part of Curiosity). It was their neeneer neeneer moment about how in their own mind they (the french) upstaged the Americans.

I could go on and on about France. But French people cheer for their own just as much as Asians/Chinese cheer for their own too. And aussies are not different.

the point is...Almost everyone not just asians vote for their own. The only reason China gets attention for voting for their own is because their population is by far the largest one on earth and china is a bankable market. Unlike decadent countries has beens like frenchies and morbidly obese americans.

rant over.
    Settle down chief.. I said "you don't see ME going and voting for Bogut"

Of course people cheer for their own (so they should).. people can cheer Lin all they want.. but voting him into an ALL-STAR game based solely on his race is idiotic.. I'd feel the same if it were Aussie people voting Bogut over Dwight.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    Did people really think he was all that good?
    A lot of retards on here still do. And call the Knicks idiotic for not paying a ton of tax for the scrub

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    A lot of retards on here still do. And call the Knicks idiotic for not paying a ton of tax for the scrub
    Pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    Settle down chief.. I said "you don't see ME going and voting for Bogut"

Of course people cheer for their own (so they should).. people can cheer Lin all they want.. but voting him into an ALL-STAR game based solely on his race is idiotic.. I'd feel the same if it were Aussie people voting Bogut over Dwight.
    Well 99.5% of Australians couldnt give 2 shits about basketball so that wont happen anytime soon

I still expected Lin to be a good player though. He's not scoring AT ALL. is he still hurt?

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    I still expected Lin to be a good player though. He's not scoring AT ALL. is he still hurt?
    http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocket...f-the-rockets/

“For me, it’s progress,” Lin said. “Obviously, I’m not where I want to be right now. Do I wish I played better? Of course. But I have to be realistic and understand when I came into training camp I couldn’t even get into the paint, and now I can get into the paint, but I’m not finishing. The next step is to start finishing, hitting open shots, and hopefully the dam breaks loose.

“I want to mix in the mid-range as well. But for the most part, the shots that I took are the ones I can finish and should finish. It’s one of those things (where) I took the shots and missed them, got blocked on a couple, didn’t make the right adjustment. But it will be better — much better — coming up soon.”
    “The best thing about the whole thing was my knee was fine, my wind was decent,” Lin said. “I played the most minutes (31) I played the whole preseason. I’m happy with how I felt.”
    Last edited by BlitzForce; 10-25-2012 at 01:59 PM.

What's wrong? He's acting like this is for everyone, why is everyone else ok? Is he still saying he's been hurt? From the minor knee surgery in the beginning of April?

http://news.yahoo.com/lin-needs-knee...4839--spt.html

In early (first week) of April Lin had surgery that would keep him out a maximum of 6 weeks. It's now been approx 28 weeks.
    Last edited by niko; 10-25-2012 at 02:05 PM.