Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Default Re: Who's better - Damian Lillard or Kyrie Irving

Quote Originally Posted by Da Real Lambo
    kyrie is the main. lebron 0-5 fg to end the game
    Does Irving take that Portland team to second round? I like Irving, but the one thing he hasn't proven yet is taking a team to the playoffs as the man. The Blazers had Lillard, McCollum and a whole bunch of garbage on that team.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Against the Warriors:

Kyrie Irving:

Damian Lillard:

I don't think Love was that much good defensively . I always liked the tracking defence but not seems realistic this time .

Quote Originally Posted by feyki
    I don't think Love was that much good defensively . I always liked the tracking defence but not seems realistic this time .
    Games 5, 6, and 7, he was really good defensively. That's what probably lowered his DFG% quite a bit. Also, players helping out Love probably helped his DFG%. Kyrie really wasn't all that good in the Finals though. I'll admit that I missed the first two games, but in games 3-7, he was either mediocre or just bad. I'm not saying Lillard is an elite defender, but he's better than Kyrie for sure.

Games 5, 6, and 7, he was really good defensively. That's what probably lowered his DFG% quite a bit. Also, players helping out Love probably helped his DFG%. Kyrie really wasn't all that good in the Finals though. I'll admit that I missed the first two games, but in games 3-7, he was either mediocre or just bad. I'm not saying Lillard is an elite defender, but he's better than Kyrie for sure.
    %56 Dfg is really bad . But on the other side ; He had 109 Drtg ( Lilliard had 120 ) , 2.1 steals and 0.7 blocks a game ( Lilliard had 1.6 and 0.2 ) .

I don't know at all .

Easily Kyrie.

When Lillard's long ball isn't falling, he's not much use elsewhere. Neither are very good defenders or distributors. Even though in stretches and when focused Irving has shown to be decent defensively.

As small scoring, shoot first guards, I take Uncle Drew's versatility. He's better at getting to the basket and finishing. Mid range etc.

Anyone hyping up where Lillard got Portland to is delusional. Almost all of that hinged on unexpected all star caliber play from his back court mate, earlier than expected in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    This. Lillard took a s.hit team to the second round. I would rather have him as the #1 guy. But Irving as a 2nd option with LeBron is a problem for the league.
    He took them to the 2nd round because Chris Paul and Blake Griffin both got injured. Otherwise, it wouldn't have happened.

%56 Dfg is really bad . But on the other side ; He had 109 Drtg ( Lilliard had 120 ) , 2.1 steals and 0.7 blocks a game ( Lilliard had 1.6 and 0.2 ) .

I don't know at all .
    Those factor in team defense as well. Lillard was on one of the worst defensive teams in the league and Cavs played some of the best defense I've seen in recent years (in the PO's).

Lillard's DRtg is 113, BTW. Kyrie's is 107 (for the entire PO's).

Those factor in team defense as well. Lillard was on one of the worst defensive teams in the league and Cavs played some of the best defense I've seen in recent years (in the PO's).

Lillard's DRtg is 113, BTW. Kyrie's is 107 (for the entire PO's).
    Oh , c'mon . He has Aminu,Harkless and Plumlee around him . Just McCallum was bad defensive player in the big rotation .

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Gucci mane

I rule the local playground Klay 3D's Avatar

Tie

Quote Originally Posted by lilteapot
    He took them to the 2nd round because Chris Paul and Blake Griffin both got injured. Otherwise, it wouldn't have happened.
    The west period was the weakest it had been in god knows how long.

Oh , c'mon . He has Aminu,Harkless and Plumlee around him . Just McCallum was bad defensive player in the big rotation .
    They were 20th in the league defensively. Considering the fact that PG's don't really impart DRtg rating much, the blame should be put on the interior defenders, right?

Quote Originally Posted by lilteapot
    Ignore them getting to the 2nd round. That team was supposed to be a lottery team. Lillard carried them to the PO's.

When a 73 win team gets taken to 7 games by a mid 50 win team and loses. After just being taken to 7 games the series previously.

And when a 67 win team gets knocked out in the 2nd round by a mid 50 win team ... that's a weak league and even weaker conference to amass so many bottom feeding victories that alter the true perception of quality.

They were 20th in the league defensively. Considering the fact that PG's don't really impart DRtg rating much, the blame should be put on the interior defenders, right?

Ignore them getting to the 2nd round. That team was supposed to be a lottery team. Lillard carried them to the PO's.
    They were 20th cause poor perimeter defence . Both Lilliard and CJ reason of that , not froncourt . Aminu is one of the best defender in the league . Plumlee,Ed Davis and Harkless are solid defenders .

I don't remember but maybe he was guarding Harrison Barnes in the last 3 games. And it's well documented how turrrrrible Barnes was

As for the OP question, I think they are a wash. Both are exciting as hell when on, I think Lillard had a 50+ game this year and last year it was Kyrie against the Spurs. Both against really good teams. Can't go wrong with either. I think Lillard is further along because he's a lot older. I think he went to college a full 4 years? And Kyrie only 1, so that's that. I think Kyrie could do similar things if he had his own team with proper role players, not Dion Waiters