Page 15 of 67 FirstFirst ... 5121314151617182565 ... LastLast
    Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles UConnCeltics's Avatar

Default Re: Connecticut Huskies fan thread

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean
    With so many players leaving on the men's side, I wonder how will we manage to get eveyone on the same page and improve on our success from last season.

Kemba Walker brings a solid defensive mindset to the team, but will he start come off the bench?

Chukwuma Okwandu. What will he bring to the team?

Ater Majok. Will he dominate, like he does in the summer league. Or, will he become shy and let others take over once the season starts?

Scottie Haralson. He looks good on paper but will he take over in games?

Nate Miles. I don't know much about him, but will he step up and help?

Either way, this is going to be a fun and interesting season.
    Walker will have the biggest role, most of the other guys will probably ride the bench. And Miles is going to be a special player in without Stan the Man starting.

Quote Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
    Walker will have the biggest role, most of the other guys will probably ride the bench. And Miles is going to be a special player in without Stan the Man starting.

I am hoping that Walker can come in and be that "leader" that we so need. It seems since Ben Gordon and Meka left, we have been lacking good leadership on the floor. I thought Rudy was going to be that guy. Nope. Marcus Williams...so-so. Jeff Adrien is sort of a leader, but he does not have enough offensive power that really worries people. Bottom line, we need someone that is going to take over and lead this program.

Jeff Adrien is sort of a leader, but he does not have enough offensive power that really worries people.
    I'd say he has plenty offensive power just look at the game log... rarely in single digits.http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player...playerId=26956

I'd say he has plenty offensive power just look at the game log... rarely in single digits.http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player...playerId=26956
    I am still not impressed with his offensive skills. It is like a struggle. U know he can get his points, but he struggles to get those points. He struggles hitting free throws/layups/the outside jumper (10-12 feet range). That is why I said that his offensive skills do not worry opponents too much.

I am still not impressed with his offensive skills. It is like a struggle. U know he can get his points, but he struggles to get those points. He struggles hitting free throws/layups/the outside jumper (10-12 feet range). That is why I said that his offensive skills do not worry opponents too much.
    He shot 50% from the field... and he rarely misses layups as he usually dunks.

If Ater Majok could improve his handles, he could start for Robinson until he is elgible.

#1 now.

He shot 50% from the field... and he rarely misses layups as he usually dunks.
    I hope that he doesn't miss layups. We just need another offensive threat.

I hope that he doesn't miss layups. We just need another offensive threat.
    Dyson should be that guy.. he had a really dissapointing sophomore year, especially with getting suspended for a month, but I've played against him recently at an open gym, and he looks absolutely unbelievable..you can tell hes been working on his game and he didn't look high.

Coach Auriemma gets a nice contract!! Glad to see him staying at UConn for a few more years.

Coach Auriemma gets a nice contract!! Glad to see him staying at UConn for a few more years.
    Why would he want to leave? He has all-americans lined up to go to UConn. Not to mention that he makes 1.6 million dollars a year now.

Why would he want to leave? He has all-americans lined up to go to UConn. Not to mention that he makes 1.6 million dollars a year now.
    He might get bored and want to try his hand at the WNBA or something. I just hope that he never leaves.

It is official; Stanley "Sticks" Robinson is leaving UConn. Good luck, kid. We hope and pray that things work out for you, so that you can come back to UConn. If not, please complete your studies in Alabama.

Welcome home, Shea!!!

One of my favorite Lady Huskies (Swin, Sue, Diana, Rebecca, Mel, and Shea Ralph) is returning to UConn as an assistant coach. Welcome back, Shea.

Also, belated congrats to coach Tonya Cardoza on being named head coach at Temple. We are going to miss you.

Nate Miles is working out with the team, doing summer lifting and playing in pickup games with some of the team in and around the Connecticut area. The dude is good. The word on campus is; he is well liked by his teammates and he is fitting in well with college life. Plus, coach Calhoun really likes this kid, and if you have ever played or been coached by coach C, that is huge!!!

Good luck, Nate. Alot of people are counting you out already, but I am pulling for you, kid. Hit the books and have fun on the court. Don't worry about the negative folks out there.

Go, Huskies!!!