Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Milwaukee Bucks Forum

Milwaukee Bucks Forum Milwaukee Bucks forum - Milwaukee Bucks message board

Old 10-04-2007, 09:30 PM   #1
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Official Yi Jianlian NBA Rookie Thread

Yi Jianlian's 1st practice with the Milwaukee Bucks

Quote:
Yi seemed to be taking it all in stride and had several good matchups with Charlie Villanueva, the player he'll battle for a starting spot. He hit a turnaround jumper over Villanueva and outworked him on a defensive series, earning praise from Krystkowiak.

Yi, who has taken English lessons for several years, has a better grasp of the language than Yao did when he was drafted No. 1 overall by the Houston Rockets in 2002.

Yi also said he's been impressed by Milwaukee so far, and is eager to explore the city that has a tiny Asian population and is known more for beer and bratwurst than cultural diversity.

"On the freeway I saw a big electronic billboard (and) my picture was on it," Yi said. "It was a big surprise to me and I feel excited. It's a beautiful city, nice downtown, you've got lake, you've got river. It seems comfortable here."

As for his first night in the new city, he only did one thing.

"Just relaxed," he said.
ESPN.com

Quote:
"He's got some good skills and everything that we thought all along," Krystkowiak said. "He's got a high basketball IQ and I don't think there's going to be a big issue with the English. He understands English really well in basketball terms."
Bucks Coach Krystkowiak

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3049141

I think this is a good indication that their coach will give Yi sufficient playing time in the regular season. He might actually beat Charlie Villanueva for the starting spot because Villanueva is an injury prone type of player and Yi can quickly replace his role in the Bucks rotation.

By the way according to the article Yi is happy and contented playing for the Bucks and he really like the city of Milwaukee. I just hope that he can start quickly in the regular season and prove all the doubters wrong that he can dominate in the NBA.

"The Yi Dynasty has finally arrived"

Last edited by Lebron23 : 10-04-2007 at 09:39 PM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:42 PM   #2
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Official Yi Jianlian NBA Rookie Thread

Milwaukee Bucks Media Day 2007

Coach Larry Krystkowiak 6'9" and 7'0" Yi Jianlian

Michael Redd 6'4.75" and 7'0" Yi Jianlian

6'11" Andrew Bogut, 7'0" Yi Jianlian and 6'9" Charlie Villanueva.

6'11" Andrew Bogut and 7'0" Yi Jianlian

6'6" Desmond Mason and 6'4 3/4" Michael Redd

This end the debate and it finally confirmed that Yi Jianlian is the tallest Small Forward in the NBA at a legit 7'0" ( with out shoes) and 7'1" in his basketball shoes.

http://canadahoops.blogspot.com/2007...ents-2002.html

http://www.rookiepedia.com/nba/index...le=Yi_Jianlian

Last edited by Lebron23 : 10-06-2007 at 01:35 AM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 12:12 PM   #3
Easy9
I airball my layups

Easy9 has an OK reputation so far

I thought mason was 6'5 and redd was 6'6, cuz he looked same height as kobe in fiba america
Easy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:20 AM   #4
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

They look the same height to me.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 06:53 PM   #5
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

Has Yi been in any American commercials yet? They should get one with him and Yao.

Yao: Yee?
Yi: No, Ee.
Yao: [steps on foot]
Yi: OW
Yao: No, Yow...
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 05:09 PM   #6
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

I think Yi will be a bust, unfortunately. If you disagree with me, by all means defend your player.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 03:35 AM   #7
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Milwaukee Bucks Media Day 2007

Coach Larry Krystkowiak 6'9" and 7'0" Yi Jianlian

Michael Redd 6'4.75" and 7'0" Yi Jianlian

6'11" Andrew Bogut, 7'0" Yi Jianlian and 6'9" Charlie Villanueva.

6'11" Andrew Bogut and 7'0" Yi Jianlian

6'6" Desmond Mason and 6'4 3/4" Michael Redd

This end the debate and it finally confirmed that Yi Jianlian is the tallest Small Forward in the NBA at a legit 7'0" ( with out shoes) and 7'1" in his basketball shoes.

http://canadahoops.blogspot.com/2007...ents-2002.html

http://www.rookiepedia.com/nba/index...le=Yi_Jianlian

Bogut has a short body... lol... and i remember Jonathan Bender being a SF at 7-foot... too bad he's gone...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 11:41 PM   #8
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

I found out from ESPN Insider that Yi Jianlian is not a legit 7 footer.

Accruing Physical Data
Oct 16 - The Bucks are accruing physical data on Yi Jianlian, who was the sixth overall pick in the NBA draft. To wit:
Yi weighs 246 pounds.

Yi's height is 6 feet, 11 inches without shoes. With shoes, Yi is 7-1/4, making him the tallest player on the Bucks' roster. Bucks center Andrew Bogut is 7-0 in sneakers.

Yi has a wing span of 7-3 . That's -inch longer than Bogut's.

Yi has 3.4 percent body fat. Again, that is the best on the team. Michael Ruffin is second at 3.9. -- Racine Journal Times

Yi had 9 points and 7 rebounds in 20 minutes today.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 09:38 PM   #9
Drogan
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Drogan has an OK reputation so far

Come on,Yi. I hope that you can become more and more strong!
Drogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 11:51 PM   #10
giordun
I airball my layups

giordun has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by marny_navis
Has Yi been in any American commercials yet? They should get one with him and Yao.

Yao: Yee?
Yi: No, Ee.
Yao: [steps on foot]
Yi: OW
Yao: No, Yow...

Lol.

Yea they should make one. Is Yi a funny guy?
giordun is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: