Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 12-31-2006, 03:47 AM   #16
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

alright fine...

Portland is the greatest team of all time...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 10:06 AM   #17
pmga
I airball my layups

pmga has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygher
No...cancer = Darius Miles

They need to remove it so the Blazers can get outta Kemo

With the emergance of Aldridge, I could see the Blazers moving Zach during the offseason for maybe a 2nd round draft pick or a late first rounder and starting Aldridge and Roy next season

Why not start Aldridge at C?
pmga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 06:26 PM   #18
Nygher
Banned

Nygher has an OK reputation so far

Aldridge would get dominated in the West at the center position. He even looked ugly against Amare while he plays very well at the 4 in the West because he is long and fast and most Western 4s are big slow guys

I know you're thinking...whats the difference between big slow 4s and the West's 5s...well when you're a center you have to stay down low and bang while the 4 has more freedom to play the outside a little bit and/or drive the baseline while 5s have to stage the majority of the offense from the blocks
Nygher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:36 AM   #19
benisjamin33
I airball my layups

benisjamin33 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygher
Portland should try and see what they can get by packaging both Magloire and LaFrentz.

The worst that can happen is a bunch of people saying no.

dude u always have the worst trade ideas. lafrentze has a massive contract and no one will put up money for some pf that has bad knees and is long pass his prime. also who will want majloire who is a slow and out of shape for anyone to think of him as a legit center.
benisjamin33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 05:56 PM   #20
Nygher
Banned

A lot of people want Magloire just for the simple fact that he's still semi-young and he comes off the books after the season

But LaFrentz is going to be hard to trade unless you package him with Martell Webster
Old 01-17-2007, 04:07 PM   #21
adrenalize
I airball my layups

adrenalize has an OK reputation so far
Question Webster

Webster is KILLING me!! He is supposed to be a great outside shooter and was doing jsut that periodically. He even started becoming more aggressive and taking it to the hole on occasion!! I really though he was becoming a scoring threat. HOWEVER......he has gone ice cold and been shooting air balls and shooting about 60% from the line!!! So, my comment becomes.....is he gonna break out or fade away and be traded like Nygher suggests? Keeping in mind he is only 20 y/o still.........
adrenalize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:17 PM   #22
Nygher
Banned

Who cares how old he is...he isn't a starter and packaging him with Magloire would get Portland a pretty good player or a pretty good draft pick

What would you rather do?

Trade Magloire himself for a 2nd round pick and keep Martell as he continues to struggle and effect Portland's locker room or trade both and have two top 10 picks again?
Old 01-18-2007, 10:42 PM   #23
benisjamin33
I airball my layups

benisjamin33 has an OK reputation so far

i would love to see dan dichau get packaged, i went to the nuggets game and i saw a ton of potiental in sergio he was like a steve nash type pg. dan has like 6turn overs that game. it was extremely upsetting. there is that whole thing that sergio doesn't play defense, but steve nash doesn't play great d and he one 2mvps back to back (maybe even a third).
benisjamin33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 01:46 PM   #24
adrenalize
I airball my layups

adrenalize has an OK reputation so far

Its true Magloire and Dickau are just temp jobs. We needed Dickau for some help while Jack was recovering and Sergio is so green. Dan will be gone in the off season. Magloire was picked up simply to have a quality big man to use as trade power later. I hope the Blazers trade Magloire, Dickau and Randolph before the deadline for some quality role players and a superstar SF type. Probably cost us a chance at reaching 30+ wins like I am hoping for, but we would be MUCH better off. Besides, if we get a good lottery pick again maybe we could see Greg Oden playing beside Roy, Aldridge and Sergio!!

Ahhh....Future lineup:

PG: Sergio
SG: Roy
SF: ?
PF: Aldridge
C: Oden

adrenalize is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: