Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    moc.spoohedisni KobesOneUglyTat's Avatar

Default Is the AND1 Mixtape tour dead?

Man I remember back in middles school everyone was all about the AND1 streetballers, I was trying to learn all the moves from Hotsauce and Professor and try them out on the playground. Seemed like their TV show was always on ESPN2, they played in mostly full arenas, etc. People knew who alot of the plsyers were.

What happened? Do they even tour in arenas anymore? Is their show still on ESPN2? I think the novelty has worn off.

Default Re: Is the AND1 Mixtape tour dead?

Yep still comes on, I don't watch though, even if nothin' else is own, I'd rather watch nothin'. It was cool back from 7th grade to 10th grade than it fell off.

Hot Sauce, Main Event, Shane the Dribbling Machine, AO, 50, and of course SKIP ect than when they started gettin' new dudes like Proffesor and Spyda I stopped watching.

It's dead. They still have it but they no longer have the money to go in the big buildings. This year in philly they'll be at the liacouras center (temple university). After AO,Main Event, 1/2 Man 1/2 Amazing, Pharmacist, Spyda, Air up There, High Octane,50,Shane The Dribbling Machine left it was all over. Even Hot Sauce left now.

Living Legend

We can only hope it's dead and buried.

Decent playground baller

It fell off because it ceased to be about playing basketball. It turned into a sideshow act in which competition was not even a priority. At first, it was players actually competing and just pulling off moves in a game setting. That is what made it so impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Low End Theory
    It fell off because it ceased to be about playing basketball. It turned into a sideshow act in which competition was not even a priority. At first, it was players actually competing and just pulling off moves in a game setting. That is what made it so impressive.
    There was even an episode of "Streeball" where the And1 execs were yelling at the players at halftime of a game for not pulling off enough tricks even though they were up double digits. The players became mad that it wasn't about winning at all anymore and was all a "show". All the originals of the team have gone to ball4real, which i went to last year. I'm not even sure if they're running now either.

Good timing, on this topic

I'm posting a full update on the entire streetball scene tonight, like in maybe 2 hours. It'll be on insidehoops.com on the streetball section main page

I couldn't stand their dumbass announcer with the mic on the sidelines "OH BABY OH BABY". STFU

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    I couldn't stand their dumbass announcer with the mic on the sidelines "OH BABY OH BABY". STFU
    he drinks red bull

I belive that Helicopter and Spyda is the two best dunkers that and1 ever had. That 720 is special though. Proffesor is a great image for the small white ballers. It should have gained more fans

No Pun Intended ryantheporchkid's Avatar

I remember when 50 showed up at a camp that I went to. Everyone got to play one-on-one to 2 with him. He shut everyone but one kid out.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by insidehoops
    Good timing, on this topic

I'm posting a full update on the entire streetball scene tonight, like in maybe 2 hours. It'll be on insidehoops.com on the streetball section main page
    I can't wait to read it. I was going to post a very detailed post about a lot of the factors why it is the way it is right now.

Cornell Basketball=#1

Quote Originally Posted by Korki Buchek
    I lost all respect for that after I saw footage of a guy cross another guy over and then throw a ball into the crowd and raise his arms in triumph, as if the objective of the game was to embarass someone and not putting the ball into the basket

Wow

Nope, they're representing team USA this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by vincentda
    I can't wait to read it. I was going to post a very detailed post about a lot of the factors why it is the way it is right now.
    Post away