Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: No Doubt About It: Lakers VS Kings 2002 WAS RIGGED!!!

it's not just the blatant fixing, but also the pandering to the refs by some teams

According to the document, Donaghy also said "league officials would tell referees that they should withhold calling technical fouls on certain star players because doing so hurt ticket sales and television ratings."

Donaghy also said refs broke league rules by routinely fraternizing with players, coaches and team management and that the resulting inappropriate relationships may have influenced the outcomes of games. He claims one general manager in 2004 made a game-day phone call to referees to encourage them to call more personal fouls against an opponent.

Donaghy claims referees have accepted autographs, merchandise and meals from team representatives. He said one official used a team's facility to exercise and another played tennis with an NBA coach.

FT discrepancy in game 6 was 40-25 in favor of LA, not so hard to believe considering we had two superstars who get preferential treatment.

Not as lopsided as 38 to 10!!

In game 7: LA had 3 more FT's (LA won)
    In game 6: LA had 15 more FT's (LA won)
    In game 5: Kings had 10 more FT's (Kings won)
    In game 4: LA had 1 more FT (LA won)
    In game 3: Kings had 20 more FT's (Kings won)
    In game 2: Kings had 13 more FT's (Kings won)
    In game 1: LA had 5 more FT's (LA won)

Should I ***** and moan about the NBA rigging it in favor of Sacramento in games 2 and 3 when they went to the line 13 & 20 more times, respectively.

About the same discrepancy you guys are *****ing about. You know you keep calling Lakers fan delusional etc. but it's pathetic how one sided some of your arguments are. If they wanted to "screw" Sacramento so badly they wouldn't have put them 19 more times at the FT line during the duration of that series.

Quote Originally Posted by aznboy2k2
    The team supposedly favored by the refs won Games 6 and 7 to win the series, according to the allegations.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8231176?MSNHPHMA

Not just game SIX, but game SEVEN as well. Wow.
    BS, that game was called right down the line.
    That so called source just lost every inch of credibility.

Retired ISH Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ~LA's fine$t~
    BS, that game was called right down the line.
    That so called source just lost every inch of credibility.
    No matter how much you try to douse it, this fire is only going to burn bigger and badder.

He took a series we all know was officiated badly, and decided to say its fixed so he could say he's being cooperative and try to get a lesser sentence. After the fact, 5 years later, even WITH that series pissing me off as much as it did, the kings had every chance to win game 6 even with the horrific officiating. i dont think a game that refs conspired for a team to win would be so close. it doesnt make sense. wouldnt it be a 10 pt game?

wow is this 2002?

The NBA rigged era is as bad as the steroid era in baseball.everything should have a big asterisks next to them.

Local High School Star icemanfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    He took a series we all know was officiated badly, and decided to say its fixed so he could say he's being cooperative and try to get a lesser sentence. After the fact, 5 years later, even WITH that series pissing me off as much as it did, the kings had every chance to win game 6 even with the horrific officiating. i dont think a game that refs conspired for a team to win would be so close. it doesnt make sense. wouldnt it be a 10 pt game?
    does anyone know what the point spread on that game for the Lakers was? If they were getting points at home all you have to do is keep it close you do not have to worry who wins or looses as long as the team your backers are betting on covers the spread then nothing else counts.

AIrules
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

NBA=WWE

I disagree..NBA aint scripted

Quote Originally Posted by ~LA's fine$t~
    Watch game 7 again.
    Quit tossing the world delusional like it's the only word you know, you're exposing yourself as a complete moron right now because game 7 was about as fair as it gets for both teams.
    The point is that it was game 6 that was rigged, and if the refs didn't hand them the game with 27 FT's in the 4th quarter alone (and game 6 was the one referenced in the article to extend the series), then there would be no game 7. Game 7 is moot, because if Sac wins game 6, the series is over.

Game 5, kings got favorable calls, game 6 was handed to LA, and we know the rest.
    Last edited by Showtime; 06-10-2008 at 07:51 PM.

the point spread is not relevant, he said they conspired to allow one team to win a series. covering would not help them.

to me, i want something specific that you and i don't know. so far, the amount of information is something someone on this board could do to prove the nba is rigged. the series we all hate on the officiating about, and the series van gundy went public with specific complaints. there is nothing so far you or i couldn't pretend we knew was fixed.

ill believe when i see something concrete. you all WANT a conspiracy. if it was something you didnt want, you'd see waht this is, a person who needs to provide someone else up if he doesn't want to go to jail, throwing out things that were very obivious and in the public eye. when there are specifics, some proof, and its something i couldnt yell conspiracy about myself ill beleive.

Game six closing seconds, guess who got whistle for the foul?

Ref staring directly at the play...

2002 Sacramento Kings= Uncrowned World Champion.

NBA = WWE ( Where the referees decide the outcome of the game)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    Game six closing seconds, guess who got whistle for the foul?
    Erm....not Kobe!

Excuse me, don't somehow go allowing the Kings off the hook for the fact they were the biggest bunch of chokers in the world. As well as they played, and as bad as that game was officiated, in that game, and game 7, they had so many chances and so many shots that would have iced it, and they missed. EVEN with the crap ass officating they had shots in game 6 that could have one it, or a grabbed rebound, etc. And they NEVER did. They never never could to it.

Talk conspiracy if it gets you hard, but don't somehow allow the kings off the hook.