Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 01-08-2009, 03:47 PM   #1
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation
Default Chauncey Billups just on 1130 WDFN

Just got done listening to Chauncey on Stoney and Wojo.

(will try to post link when its available)

Was a good interview.

One thing that caught my ear, was the he and Carmelo have talked about the 2003 draft and how they could have been playing together since then, and that Carmelo is still bitter about it!

Otherwise Chauncey is happy for everyone, misses Detroit and the fans, and is looking forward to playing at the Palace in March when the Nuggets make their annual visit. He also says he keeps in touch with his friends on the Pistons several times a week and that Rodney Stuckey is a blessed player and is going to have a great career.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:05 PM   #2
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Chauncey Billups just on 1130 WDFN

always a classy guy. thanks for the heads up. I think we (pistons fans) are all still a little bitter about that draft. Of course, Id rather have bosh or wade than melo, but id certainly take any of them over darko. Oh well, I cant even recall who we traded for that pick back when the griz were still in Vancouver.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:48 AM   #3
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

Thanks Sonic R!!

Curry also had interview, he hasnt discussed yet with any of the perimeter players to go to bench ...
He is talking about stuckey also...you can listen below.

http://blog.mlive.com/pistons_impact...hael-curry.mp3
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:20 PM   #4
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

also Billups interview is available below

http://blog.mlive.com/pistons_impact...ey-billups.mp3
Old 01-10-2009, 12:13 AM   #5
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesco totti
also Billups interview is available below

http://blog.mlive.com/pistons_impact...ey-billups.mp3

Thanks francesco totti

I'm going to try to get tix for the game at the Palace on March 3rd. I will stand up and cheer for Chauncey. I'll probably wear my Billups Raptors jersey too. Wearing that always sparked up conversation.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:37 AM   #6
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
always a classy guy. thanks for the heads up. I think we (pistons fans) are all still a little bitter about that draft. Of course, Id rather have bosh or wade than melo, but id certainly take any of them over darko. Oh well, I cant even recall who we traded for that pick back when the griz were still in Vancouver.

It was Otis Thorpe…

Old 01-16-2009, 02:15 PM   #7
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

I guess we can make this thread for posting the interviews from WDFN..

Source

Quote:
Michael Curry on WDFN: Pistons still committed to starting bigger lineup

Despite starting Richard Hamilton the previous two games, Pistons coach Michael Curry said he is still committed to playing a bigger lineup.
"We would like to have Tayshaun (Prince) with two bigs on the court for 32 minutes of the game," Curry told WDFN-AM Detroit's Mike Stone. "And, we have been accomplishing that the last two games."
Curry said the transition from small-ball to a bigger lineup is a lengthy process - comparing his scenario to Phil Jackson's recent situation in Los Angeles.
"Phil Jackson talked the whole offseason about bringing Lamar Odom coming off the bench and it still took the offseason and Lamar Odom not wanting to do it," Curry said. "But they ended up doing it."
Curry also said he has spoke with Allen Iverson and Hamilton about possibly coming off the bench, but the decision to take Hamilton out of the starting lineup was never made official.
"Rip was never taken out of the starting lineup," Curry said. "It's not like before he got hurt that he was coming off the bench.

Listen to the whole interview to hear Curry preview Friday's contest against Oklahoma City and how his conversations with Iverson and Hamilton about possibly coming off the bench went:

http://blog.mlive.com/pistons_impact...hael-curry.mp3
Old 01-16-2009, 03:01 PM   #8
H2whoa
Detoit. Represent.

H2whoa has decent reputationH2whoa has decent reputation

Ah, good post. I swear though, half the time Michael talks its so hard to understand what he says.

I totally noticed Rip, Will, Arron, and Kwame on the bench laughing, but I took it as more of a "Michael Curry is a douche and they finally realize that" than "Wow, what disrespectful young men"
H2whoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:38 AM   #9
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

thread wont live for long..

Local sports shows cut at WDFN
Old 01-21-2009, 08:43 AM   #10
HWN Tommie Style
Can barely lace up my sneakers

HWN Tommie Style has an OK reputation so far

We'll, we still have 97.1 Caputo and Fithian should be gone for some talent from there. they blow! I can take the Gator, and Mike & Terry is radio gold. I like the morning show format, but I think Jay Towers is a tool and far from funny. I do enjoy Bill and Sarah isn't bad, for a girl. I enjoyed their other girl host better, she was hot! And the boys f'd with her alot more.
HWN Tommie Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:13 PM   #11
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

This is a dark and sad day indeed. This is a MAJOR blow to Detroit Sports radio especially regarding Pistons coverage. WDFN was always committed to solid coverage of the Pistons and now that is more or less gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWN Tommie Style
We'll, we still have 97.1 Caputo and Fithian should be gone for some talent from there. they blow! I can take the Gator, and Mike & Terry is radio gold. I like the morning show format, but I think Jay Towers is a tool and far from funny. I do enjoy Bill and Sarah isn't bad, for a girl. I enjoyed their other girl host better, she was hot! And the boys f'd with her alot more.

97.1/1270 is terrible for Pistons fans.

Caputo is incompetent to Pistons and NBA basketball. He is good for Tigers and Wings but he doesn't even know NBA or the Pistons at any level of competence. Hearing him talk about Pistons and NBA is like hearing my wife talk about basketball.

and FUCK Mike Valenti.
He shouldn't even be on Detroit radio. Nothing but a hater of ALL Detroit teams. Piece of shit Valenti said Rip was garbage and wouldn't start on half of the teams in this league just yesterday. This is the ass hat that says Prince is trash and Gerald Wallace is way better, says Stuckey couldn't cut it in the d-league and trashes on the Pistons every day for years. I cannot stand the douche and now I am left with nothing that WDFN is gone. Terry Foster is fine but a big FUCK YOU to the peice of shit Mike Valenti.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:34 PM   #12
H2whoa
Detoit. Represent.

H2whoa has decent reputationH2whoa has decent reputation

Just listened in a bit on 97.1

They were talking about if Detroit had a sports mount rushmore who would be on it.
They mentioned a couple Red WIngs, and then, Rodney Stuckey? No Chauncey, no ben, no AI (understandable), no Isiah, nothing. Rodney Stuckey?
THey talked about him like he was GOD.
He's good. I like him. DOn't get me wrong.
But let's not be unrealistic, I don't think he'd be on our sports Mount Rushmore.
H2whoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:54 PM   #13
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2whoa
Just listened in a bit on 97.1

They were talking about if Detroit had a sports mount rushmore who would be on it.
They mentioned a couple Red WIngs, and then, Rodney Stuckey? No Chauncey, no ben, no AI (understandable), no Isiah, nothing. Rodney Stuckey?
THey talked about him like he was GOD.
He's good. I like him. DOn't get me wrong.
But let's not be unrealistic, I don't think he'd be on our sports Mount Rushmore.

If Detroit had a sports "Mt. Rushmore" this is who should be on it:

Isiah Thomas
Gordie Howe
Joe Lewis
Barry Sanders
Ty Cobb

97.1 talking good of Stuckey? Well its definitely not douche Valenti… He trashes him every day. He said when Stuckey had his "40 points against the Bulls was like 4 against the Spurs"[sic].
Old 01-22-2009, 01:22 PM   #14
HWN Tommie Style
Can barely lace up my sneakers

HWN Tommie Style has an OK reputation so far

Well, how do you really feel?? Mike V is State, so hes cool with me. Plus hes a lightning rod for good banter. You love him, or love to hate him.

Edit: My Detroit Mt. Rushmore
Bill Lamibeer
Bob Probert
Jeff Backus
Willie Hernandez!!

Last edited by HWN Tommie Style : 01-22-2009 at 01:25 PM.
HWN Tommie Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 03:05 AM   #15
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Definately Barry Sanders & Joe D. I'd probably say Ty Cobb too. Being its Detroit and the Red Wings have been very successful I think one of them needs to be on there too. Maybe someone like Yzerman.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: