Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Default Re: OJ Mayo suspended 10 games by the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by DeronMillsap
    I'll try....

[L-R]
    Camby, Ray Allen, Marbury, Kobe, Shareef Abul-Raheem(spell check?), Jermaine O'Neal, Kerry Kittles, Nash, John Wallace, Shimmy 'toine Walker, ????

I have no idea who the last one is. Sitting on the ground near Walker.
    thanks alot...........Shareef Abul-Raheem

[

They still look like kids...took them time to bulk up for the NBA.

But Bron looked ready straight out of High School....that sh*t ain't normal.[/QUOTE]

all of these guys look about the same these days, biggest difference is steve nash, in this pic he looks like a normal dude, pretty cool and stuff, now he looks completely different, face is not the same, long hair...looks like a ugly woman actually......what the hell happened

I just hope if we do trade him that we get something out of it. IMO for all the shit us grizzlie fans had to go through since Pau left, we don't even have a nice team to show for it.

Supreme draft bust - Thabeet
    Underachievers - Conley, Mayo
    Traded for worthless crap - Lowry for a pick (Demarre Carroll who doesn't play), Miller packaged for Mayo.

IMO the team needs to step back a bit to actually succeed. Trading OJ is a step back. I'm sick of moves that make the grizzlies only marginally better and also limit our flexibility in the future.

Power32 (OJ Mayo) O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by A Roc 23
    That is actually a good comparison. OJ Mayo is a taller Jason Terry with the potential to be slightly better (I still have some hope). But so far he hasn't touched a prime Terry in terms of contributing to wins. It doesn't help that he's trapped on the Grizzlies. But given his behaviour (fighting with teammates, NCAA violations, drug suspension), maybe that's where he belongs.

the hell, Jason Terry? **** it, I'm back.

If you guys want to see a Jason Terry like player look at Kentucky's freshman Doran Lamb. He is a replica of Jason Terry. Watch him.

If you want to see a special player with great potential in the NBA, then look at OJ Mayo. DHEA isn't even a steroid, but Mayo gotta use his head. Everyone is trying to see him fail, he needs to know what is on the banned substance list

The hell saying Jason Terry. I'm back.

Default Re: OJ Mayo to be suspended 10 games by the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD
    knick and Bulls fans you still want this guy?
    If they're giving him up real cheap, yes I believe we do.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    If they're giving him up real cheap, yes I believe we do.
    How cheap are we talking.

Quote Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
    no way they give up Taj IMO

If you guys want to see a Jason Terry like player look at Kentucky's freshman Doran Lamb. He is a replica of Jason Terry. Watch him.

If you want to see a special player with great potential in the NBA, then look at OJ Mayo. DHEA isn't even a steroid, but Mayo gotta use his head. Everyone is trying to see him fail, he needs to know what is on the banned substance list

Saw a basketball once

Jason Terry was and still is a pretty damn good scorer, I wouldn't say that comparison is that far off. OJ is a great player who will probably be an all-star in the future as long as the situation is right, but I don't really think he has that much potential. He seems to have peaked in 8th grade, he really hasn't added anything to his game since his senior year in HS. Also Doron Lamb is strictly a catch and shoot SG, kind of similar to Wayne Ellington, you clearly are basing your opinions from your deep obsession with OJ which clouds your ability to appreciate other players.

James Johnson and Bobcats pick?

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdeng2002
    Jason Terry was and still is a pretty damn good scorer, I wouldn't say that comparison is that far off. OJ is a great player who will probably be an all-star in the future as long as the situation is right, but I don't really think he has that much potential. He seems to have peaked in 8th grade, he really hasn't added anything to his game since his senior year in HS. Also Doron Lamb is strictly a catch and shoot SG, kind of similar to Wayne Ellington, you clearly are basing your opinions from your deep obsession with OJ which clouds your ability to appreciate other players.

Doran Lamb has a lot of Jason Terry in him. They have Knight running PG, and Terrance taking all the shots. Lamb role on the team is strictly to knock down shots. I watched him at Oak Hill Academy, the first thing I said was wow this guy has Jason Terry in him.
    The worst comparison you could possibly give a player of OJ's cailber is what maybe Gilbert Arenas.

Gilbert Arenas that's OJ Mayo's floor.
    Me> You.

Saw a basketball once

Doran Lamb has a lot of Jason Terry in him. They have Knight running PG, and Terrance taking all the shots. Lamb role on the team is strictly to knock down shots. I watched him at Oak Hill Academy, the first thing I said was wow this guy has Jason Terry in him.
    The worst comparison you could possibly give a player of OJ's cailber is what maybe Gilbert Arenas.

Gilbert Arenas that's OJ Mayo's floor.
    Me> You.
    Maybe post-injury Gilbert, but OJ is not nearly the explosive scorer/play-maker Gilbert was in his prime. OJ is one of those players that looks better than he plays. With his pure jump-shot, solid handles, and athleticism, you would expect him to dominate, but he doesn't. To reiterate OJ's potential has basically been reached, I remember in HS he was clearly the best player out of his class in his Jr. year, but over the next few years all his peers have improved dramatically while he's stayed relatively the same. That's not to say that he's not a great player, which he is, but look at Rose, Gordon, Beasley (excluding the Miami fiasco), Love, they've all taken their games to new heights. Also, I saw Doron Lamb in HS and he was still a shooter, albeit he did showcase a nice one-two dribble pull-up which he could get over shorter HS players. Lamb has nowhere near the quickness or playmaking ability Jason Terry had, his nickname used to be Jason "Jet" Terry, which was based on his name and his speed.
    You=on OJ's dick
    Last edited by dennisdeng2002; 01-29-2011 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdeng2002
    Maybe post-injury Gilbert, but OJ is not nearly the explosive scorer/play-maker Gilbert was in his prime. OJ is one of those players that looks better than he plays. With his pure jump-shot, solid handles, and athleticism, you would expect him to dominate, but he doesn't. To reiterate OJ's potential has basically been reached, I remember in HS he was clearly the best player out of his class in his Jr. year, but over the next few years all his peers have improved dramatically while he's stayed relatively the same. That's not to say that he's not a great player, which he is, but look at Rose, Gordon, Beasley (excluding the Miami fiasco), Love, they've all taken their games to new heights. Also, I saw Doron Lamb in HS and he was still a shooter, albeit he did showcase a nice one-two dribble pull-up which he could get over shorter HS players. Lamb has nowhere near the quickness or playmaking ability Jason Terry had, his nickname used to be Jason "Jet" Terry, which was based on his name and his speed.
    You=on OJ's dick
    That time is soon approaching.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Probably trying to get out of Memphis.

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    What other roids cases have there been in the NBA?

I think LeBron got to be on something.
    Crisoner = Floyd Mayweather Sr.

LeBron passed the Olympic Style Random Drug Test in the 2008 Olympics. OSD >>>>>>>>>>>> Any Drug Test.

LeBron is just freak of nature. He's already 245 lbs in his Rookie Season.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 01-29-2011 at 09:46 PM.