Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Nash's expiring contract and julius randle for rajon rondo at trade deadline

only place i can see rondo getting a max extension. and only team that has pieces/expiring deals that interest boston for their penny pinching/tanking idea

i'm calling it right now. will be a last ditch effort to please kobe when he gets pissed at the lakers record by the allstar break

PG rondo
    SG kobe
    sf swag
    pf boozer
    c hill

Banned

Default Re: Nash's expiring contract and julius randle for rajon rondo at trade deadline

Trade kobe for rondo + filler instead

Banned

Default Re: Nash's expiring contract and julius randle for rajon rondo at trade deadline

Quote Originally Posted by The Immortal
    Why would you want Rondo with Kobe on the backcourt?

You get virtually zero outside shooting with him on the floor and his man will sag off of him to help defend Kobe.

You need a shooter, not an assist hog with zero outside shooting.

absolutely wide open rondos an ok shooter. and he would be with kobe next to him

besides.. i see kobe playing more small forward this year. could be lin or young at shooting guard as the kick out guys

and rondo could turn a guy like ed davis into tyson chandler over night, tons of lobs

it would help allot

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rondooooooooooo
    Celtics don't need Julius Randle. PF is one of our strongest position
    i dont think the celtics are looking at their current roster makeup/depth when pulling trades for their future and tanking/cost cutting purposes

its all about cheap assets at this point for them

Rondo and Kobe = Payton and Kobe in 2003-04.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Rondo and Kobe = Payton and Kobe in 2003-04.
    except rondo right now is 10 times the player payton was at age 40 or whatever he was

i think payton averaged 6 points on 29% shooting in the 2004 finals. by far the worst player on the team

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    except rondo right now is 10 times the player payton was at age 40 or whatever he was

i think payton averaged 6 points on 29% shooting in the 2004 finals. by far the worst player on the team
    Payton was averaging 21 and 9 the year before he came to the Lakers. Given he was a year older, but he was hardly a scrub coming onto the team. Same with Malone. Both were still playing extremely well prior to joining the Lakers.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Why would you want Rondo and not Randle?

why give up the only half decent future the Lakers have?

Banned

rondo sucks! Would rather have Randle! Rondo was carried to everything by 3 HOFers. He has sucked when those HOFers left.

Admittedly there's a logjam as it is for the Celtics in that position and I hate the thought of Rondo going to the enemy haha, but that's a pretty decent offer for the Celtics in moving forward, definitely would be worth considering

You can bet the Lakers will do everything in their power to try and get rondo there.

If the bulls didn't have rose, I wish we had rondo. Very tough come playoff time.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    Why would you want Rondo and not Randle?

Because randle wouldn't be part of the immediate picture that rondo provides.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Because randle wouldn't be part of the immediate picture that rondo provides.
    Rondo isn't what the Lakers need

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    Rondo isn't what the Lakers need

I disagree.

Lakers are a team with a history of making things happen in a hurry.

If they get rondo there, they have huge cap space in 2016 which they can get a Durant and they will likely attract other stars to join him and maybe Kobe who could take a big pay cut in 2016.

This isn't the Kings who get stuck picking up from the scrapheap year in year out.