Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 09-02-2008, 12:45 AM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Sixers Agree to Terms With Donyell Marshall

Quote:
The 76ers have agreed to terms with unrestricted free agent forward Donyell Marshall on a minimum salary contract, the Daily News has learned.
Agent Andy Miller confirmed that Marshall is scheduled to meet with the Sixers tomorrow. It is likely that he will undergo a physical examination and sign a contract within the next few days.

The Sixers have had interest in Marshall, 35, for many weeks, but bided their time while he remained under contract to Oklahoma City with a salary of more than $5 million. When the franchise that is transplanting from Seattle waived him in a buyout situation, the Sixers - in search of a perimeter shooter - made contact.
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...in_Sixers.html
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 12:55 AM   #2
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Sixers Agree to Terms With Donyell Marshall

didnt a poster predict this weeks ago?
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 01:58 AM   #3
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
didnt a poster predict this weeks ago?

i kinda saw it coming, so did posterize
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 02:07 AM   #4
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

that guy did predict this just like the smith acl injury
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:58 AM   #5
Im so nba'd out
AWell Respected Poster

Im so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Someone mocked me for being unable to spell because i was rushing to type before I left.But,yes i did predict this weeks ago maybe next time you'll take people serious when they claim to have a inside tip
Im so nba'd out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 12:07 PM   #6
Venja42
Decent playground baller

Venja42 has an OK reputation so far

Donyell Marshall!?!??!?

Another #42 for the Sixers!!

The more the merrier!!
Venja42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 12:18 PM   #7
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan3511
i kinda saw it coming, so did posterize

someone predicted it before marshall got released tho..
Old 09-02-2008, 12:18 PM   #8
NoGunzJustSkillz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
Someone mocked me for being unable to spell because i was rushing to type before I left.But,yes i did predict this weeks ago maybe next time you'll take people serious when they claim to have a inside tip

Old 09-02-2008, 01:24 PM   #9
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
youre the man
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:58 PM   #10
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
"I said OK, we'll see if we can get something done," Miller told the Daily News yesterday. "But I also said we should talk about contingencies in case it didn't work out. He said he didn't want to talk about contingencies, that he wanted to hear a yes or a no from the Sixers first."
Quote:
"He understands that his role will be contingent on what the Sixers need, but he fully expects to be able to offer some veteran leadership," Miller said. "Nothing has changed about his ability to shoot and rebound and run. He tends to take some criticism because he has sort of a weird body, but he takes a lot of pride in his game."
daily news
Old 09-03-2008, 07:38 PM   #11
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
"Donyell is the consummate veteran," Miller said. "He's done it all, seen it all. He wants to be as much a cerebral and veteran contributor. He knows his opportunity and minutes will fluctuate. He's beyond the window dressing of this thing."

Veteran presence.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:48 AM   #12
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

he knows his role

Quote:
"I know there are going to be times I won't even touch the floor," said Marshall, 35, who has been in the league since 1994.

But when he does get in, he knows his role: spread the floor and make shots.

Marshall said that since 2003, when he played for coach Kevin O'Neill and an undersize Toronto Raptors squad, his confidence in his three-point shot has dramatically improved.

Quote:
"I'm excited to be part of an organization that I grew up rooting for," Marshall said, adding that he remembers the '83 team and especially his new coach, Maurice Cheeks.

"I think earlier in my career, I wouldn't have been able to handle playing for the Sixers," said Marshall, who has career averages of 11.4 points and 6.8 rebounds. "But now being a seasoned vet, I'm ready for it, excited. [They] made plenty of moves and have a good chance of winning."

Quote:
Marshall said his main role, other than knocking down open shots, will be tutoring younger frontcourt players such as Thaddeus Young, Marreese Speights and Jason Smith.

Said Marshall: "I think talking to the guys will be just as important as playing time."

I love it. With Kevin Ollie gone, who was the veteran in the lockerroom for the young guys? Now it's Marshall, and he knows that.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: