Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 03-10-2007, 07:14 PM   #1
PaulWall13homie
Can barely lace up my sneakers

PaulWall13homie has an OK reputation so far
Default Sheed suspended for picking up 16th tech

I'm a huge Piston fan and me and every other Piston fan knew or knows that sheed was going to get his 16th tech. He's just a tech machine.
PaulWall13homie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 07:46 PM   #2
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation
Default Re: Sheed suspended for picking up 16th tech

Why is it so hard for this guy to shut his mouth and play. Not only does he waste his great post game by chucking threes, but he picks up a technical every time there is a bad call. If I were the Pistons GM i'd tell Sheed that evey time he gets a tech he will recieve a LARGE fine from the team.
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 05:59 AM   #3
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

Amare will get suspended if he gets one more too...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:59 PM   #4
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsPackers
Why is it so hard for this guy to shut his mouth and play. Not only does he waste his great post game by chucking threes, but he picks up a technical every time there is a bad call. If I were the Pistons GM i'd tell Sheed that evey time he gets a tech he will recieve a LARGE fine from the team.
heres the thing. sure sheed talks too much, but no other player in the league gets a T for laughing, or saying "ball dont lie". At least 4 of those T's were for actions that wouldn't have earned any other player in the league a T. Sure sure, Sheed's rep, but its going to far when refs who already have a beef are given licence to T him up for next to nothing. Very interesting how the player's image does play a role in what he can get away with. HE got T'd once for walking away from the ref
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 06:06 PM   #5
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I get the whole NBA is trying to clean up its image thing but some of these rules have gone too far. It's almost like they are just trying to rip all of the emotion out of the game. It sucks what they do to Sheed sometimes, it's not like he's Ron Artest :
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:01 AM   #6
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Patrick27 has an OK reputation so far

Rasheed Wallace plays with passion when he's on the floor. So what if he gets suspended for a game here and there? I'd rather he play with passion than not. Besides, what's wrong with giving him a day off now and then? It'll only keep him fresher for the playoffs. The Pistons have plenty of bigs to handle the workload.
Patrick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:45 PM   #7
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

I don't care what anyone says about Sheed, I love this kid. I just feel bad for me, because he is marked. He is the only guy I know that can ask a question...and get tee'd up. Anyone that is a fan of the NBA knows that Sheed is a marked man. Has been since he came in the league. Way to go, Sheed.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:40 AM   #8
IBall280
Decent playground baller

IBall280 has an OK reputation so far

yeah the refs in the league really are out for sheed, like they purposely want him out.
IBall280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:43 PM   #9
BigAl
High School JV MVP

BigAl has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBall280
yeah the refs in the league really are out for sheed, like they purposely want him out.

You have to look bigger than that. The refs dont care who is and isnt in the league. The people that care are in the front office. Refs are strictly facilitators of rules and ideas set forth by the powers that be..

For the record, Stern and the boys need to be careful about how they clean things up. One of the great things about the league is its rawness. The NBA would not be the same (for the worse) without guys like Sheed, Mark Cuban, etc. Controversy sparks interest.

Last edited by BigAl : 03-22-2007 at 12:45 PM.
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 02:10 PM   #10
IBall280
Decent playground baller

IBall280 has an OK reputation so far

thats true... i guess but it seems like it is the same handful of guys everytime getting suspended.
IBall280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 03:48 PM   #11
BigAl
High School JV MVP

BigAl has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBall280
thats true... i guess but it seems like it is the same handful of guys everytime getting suspended.

Thats a good point. Phil Jackson is an extremely intelligent man and we know his opinion on the league singling out players (Kobe's witch hunt).

So there may be some truth to what you are saying.
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: