Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-12-2008, 01:31 AM   #31
Bruinlove
Banned

Bruinlove has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Gerald Green?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
12 minutes a game... 5 points 2.2 rebounds, 38% from 3pt land, 80% from the free throw line..don't forget he was injured at the start of the season and got pushed deep onto the bench.. then when he told the wolves he wouldn't be resigining they sat him down until he was traded
Yeah, but he's a young dude on a rebuilding team, if he were any good it should be easy for him to get more than 12 minutes. Watch buddy, he is Stromile Swift 2.0. He doesn't belong on the Lakers and will amount to nothing. The best he can amount to is Ricky Davis with world class dunking, and that's only in an ideal scenario. I don't understand what it is with people and hyping athletic go-nowhere guys like Green and Swift
Bruinlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 06:35 PM   #32
millencolin735
Decent playground baller

millencolin735 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinlove
Yeah, but he's a young dude on a rebuilding team, if he were any good it should be easy for him to get more than 12 minutes. Watch buddy, he is Stromile Swift 2.0. He doesn't belong on the Lakers and will amount to nothing. The best he can amount to is Ricky Davis with world class dunking, and that's only in an ideal scenario. I don't understand what it is with people and hyping athletic go-nowhere guys like Green and Swift

Hyping him up? He's a young gaurd with loads of evident potential, Stromile never put points together like this kid did when given the chance in Boston. I agree theres a reason he hasnt gotten minutes with the last 2 teams he's been on, most likely because he wasnt ready, but whats the harm in signing him to a 2 or 3 year deal. He wont cost hardly anything, and if he pans out, great we got another star on our hands, if not, then bye. This can only go 2 ways, small risk, great reward, or small, risk small reward. What exactly is the problem there, aint like hed get a 3 year deal at $9 mill a year.
millencolin735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 06:46 PM   #33
ShowtymeCA2NC
Serious playground baller

ShowtymeCA2NC has an OK reputation so far

Dude is still very young...like most cats straight outta high school,it takes time to develop..so i wouldnt compare him to stromile just yet...stromile wasnt even that good in college and trust i seen plenty of him beeing that im an avid Gator fan..but back to G Green..he still has a some potential,he just needs the right situation to harness it..with that being said,i wouldnt mind seeing him in a Lakers uni if we could get him for CHEAP.
ShowtymeCA2NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:45 PM   #34
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I can't believe this thread is still going on. I never get all of my notifications that someone has replied to a thread.

Anyway, I can't believe anyone would say Green is going to be a bust, especially after the growth we all saw with Andrew Bynum this year. Remember they are both from the same draft and both were drafted out of high school. High school players definately take longer to develop. There are people that still say today that Green could be the best player taken in that draft. There isn't a risk for a team that is already 9 or 10 players deep to pick him up. The worst that can happen is he sits the bench just like some of the people on the team already do. They don't need him to be a big piece in a championship run. But in a couple of years he could be that person.

I must say though, I think it's a smart move that the Heat are looking into signing him. With Wade, Marion, Green, and a potential top 3 pick in the draft that team would be well on their way to being a tough team in the East, for years to come since they would have so much young talent. I don't like Miami, but it would be smart. It kinda reminds me of what Portland has done.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:06 PM   #35
ShowtymeCA2NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I can't believe this thread is still going on. I never get all of my notifications that someone has replied to a thread.

Anyway, I can't believe anyone would say Green is going to be a bust, especially after the growth we all saw with Andrew Bynum this year. Remember they are both from the same draft and both were drafted out of high school. High school players definately take longer to develop. There are people that still say today that Green could be the best player taken in that draft. There isn't a risk for a team that is already 9 or 10 players deep to pick him up. The worst that can happen is he sits the bench just like some of the people on the team already do. They don't need him to be a big piece in a championship run. But in a couple of years he could be that person.

I must say though, I think it's a smart move that the Heat are looking into signing him. With Wade, Marion, Green, and a potential top 3 pick in the draft that team would be well on their way to being a tough team in the East, for years to come since they would have so much young talent. I don't like Miami, but it would be smart. It kinda reminds me of what Portland has done.

what he said..didnt kobe ,tmac.jo,d howard,josh smith all struggle coming out of the gate...
Old 03-13-2008, 07:22 PM   #36
Bruinlove
Banned

Bruinlove has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowtymeCA2NC
what he said..didnt kobe ,tmac.jo,d howard,josh smith all struggle coming out of the gate...
Those guys didn't have 9 fingers...
Ok maybe that's a low blow, but you have to be tripping if you want to compare Green to those guys. He has a great 1v1 game but when he's in the games I have seen no semblance of teamwork or strong defense come out of him. He is a black hole. Like I said, if he pans out, he will be an athletic Ricky Davis with a better jumper. And that's only with alot of hard work. The kid is not very smart, or atleast basketball smarts as when he doesn't have the ball in his hands and on defense, he always looks lost.
Bruinlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:02 PM   #37
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wow, I'm really having a hard time believing that there's people on here with such good basketball senses, yet they don't see the potential in this kid. The key word is kid, since he's only 21. It's basically like drafting a college player at this point, just he's had a different experience. I can't imagine why a top team wouldn't want him.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 06:01 PM   #38
ShowtymeCA2NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinlove
Those guys didn't have 9 fingers...
Ok maybe that's a low blow, but you have to be tripping if you want to compare Green to those guys. He has a great 1v1 game but when he's in the games I have seen no semblance of teamwork or strong defense come out of him. He is a black hole. Like I said, if he pans out, he will be an athletic Ricky Davis with a better jumper. And that's only with alot of hard work. The kid is not very smart, or atleast basketball smarts as when he doesn't have the ball in his hands and on defense, he always looks lost.

i wasnt comparing him to them ,come on now im not stupid homes,i was just comparing situations..basically u gotta give him some time before u write off his career..everybody cant be overnight success stories is what the hell im tryin to say.period
Old 03-14-2008, 08:46 PM   #39
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by millencolin735
Well he just got waived by the Rockets. What do you guys think? Should the Lakers go after this guy, I think it would be a good idea. I mean hes young athletic and can shoot the tre, and he would be someone nice to develop in case we cant resign Lamar after next season. Anyways just a thought, wondering what you guys think about this.
Theres no point in the lakers trying to sign him. They have Ariza, Walton, Odom,Bryant, and Sasha. What kind of minutes would you expect this guy to play along these guys????????????
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: