Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Default Re: "Rape Crew" in small town Ohio

All three cable networks ran unedited footage aired the apology of one of the defendants and in doing so.

1. Released a rape victim's name.
    2. Released a teenage rape victim's name.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0....html?ir=Media

I didn't catch her name, and no one else seems to know what it is either.

Banned

I knew Rape Crew was guilty and it's time to punish the town. I hope they put the coach and the sheriff up on blast.

It's time to rid this country of these small towns that let their kids get away with things like rape and gambling.

Very good NBA starter

[QUOTE=Droid101]I hope the coach gets nailed after the grand jury investigation:

A few of Mr. Mays

Banned

Now that we have all the facts and the courts have determined this crew is guilty, it's time to get the coach.

The coach had to know about this since the players were at various coaches' homes and drinking and party with their coaches.

What kind of coaches party with their players whom are underaged. Heck, college coaches don't even party with their players and they are old enough to drink. Perhaps, the coaches were buying the players drinks.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Now that we have all the facts and the courts have determined this crew is guilty, it's time to get the coach.

The coach had to know about this since the players were at various coaches' homes and drinking and party with their coaches.

What kind of coaches party with their players whom are underaged. Heck, college coaches don't even party with their players and they are old enough to drink. Perhaps, the coaches were buying the players drinks.
    Well to be fair it's a small town and this is not uncommon for adults to know about kids drinking. I didn't read anywhere that the coach was partying with the kids, but if he knew anything about this he needs to get nailed to the wall.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree

Looks like this coach is in trouble if these texts can be submitted as evidence. Just another big fish in a little pond thinking they're above it all.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Looks like this coach is in trouble if these texts can be submitted as evidence. Just another big fish in a little pond thinking they're above it all.
    Actually, "the coach" is in no trouble whatsoever, according to the signs I'm seeing quite visible on the wall. He was mentioned during the trial two times. Once in a text message from the defendant to friend and another time by Jane Doe (the victim), who said the defendant (Trent Mays) told him that the coach was alerted as to possible allegations by the police at some point just prior to the arrests.

Those are the two instances in which the coach was mentioned during a trial with mountains and mountains of evidence, and neither was anything close to definitive evidence of any involvement or prior knowledge of a crime.

In an interview with the county prosecutor done today, she touched on the text message involving the coach and it was pretty clear from her reaction that people need to let this play out.

http://www.wtov9.com/news/news/web-e...on-co-p/nWwpR/

It is as though people want there to be something more than there is so badly, they're willing to take any tiny scrap of anything and run with it. There is so much contrived nonsense that has already been proven to be erroneous, you'd think people would think twice about going all-in on the next big conspiracy in this case.

Could it be that a couple of kids just took advantage of an incapacitated teenage girl without city officials, police, the prosecutor or the coaches having any involvement?
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 03-19-2013 at 01:09 AM.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    Could be rape if she decides it is...

Men have got to understand that they need to be careful when dealing with females. Females have the power to throw you under the bus if you are out there being reckless in how you behave

You dont hit passed out chicks. Thats rule number 1. If she is passed out? just let her sleep it off. get at her tomorrow.
    Not passed out - but what if you are mutually intoxicated .

This is scary

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

I find it absolutely stunning that a relatively common crime committed by juveniles with no evidence or concrete proof of any corruption or cover-up has essentially turned into an international bashing of a city. What in the hell is going on?

I've taught in schools in the metro Cleveland area. I have friends who are either teachers, coaches or have kids across the eastern seaboard. Everyone is having to deal with the same kinds of issues, which is sex at very young ages combined with drugs/alcohol and social media. Those are the elements of this case and it is rampant across the country with young people.

By turning this into a conversation about why this is a uniquely Steubenville problem, there is an opportunity missed to discuss the broader, more important issues. I remain baffled at the narrative. And I also remain baffled that this is an international news story.

I mean, I know how it got that way... With salacious untruths spread by a well-known hacker group. But, now that we know 99.99% of what they alleged was completely made-up, why are we still talking about this? And, if we are going to talk about it, why is it still a focus on the city and not how wrong the false narrative was?
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 03-19-2013 at 05:39 AM.

Decent playground baller Kovach's Avatar

Can someone help me put the pieces together because I also wasn't following from the start?
    So dumb kids committed a crime and got arrested soon after, the trial was scheduled and so on. 3-4 months later in comes the hacker group and blows everything out of the proportion. Is that what happened in a nutshell? What took them so long? When was Goddard's article that seemingly started the avalanche actually published? Still trying to figure the chronological order of the entire incident. :)
    Last edited by Kovach; 03-19-2013 at 10:23 AM.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by v-unit
    Steubenville is as corrupted as they say it is. The people in the local are just flat out scums. I've played a few football games at Steubenville when I was in high school. All their 50 year olds would curse, spit, and poor beer at their opponents. Football is all they have in that neighborhood and it's why these guys get treated like gods.
    A v-unit post?

There's a difference between being wasted and passed out vs. being drunk and hooking up with another drunk dude .

Raping a passed out drunk chick should not be on the victim but let's say you're drunk and another chick is drunk and she cries rape a week later after ya'll hooked up....yeah that's on her.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by v-unit
    Steubenville is as corrupted as they say it is. The people in the local are just flat out scums. I've played a few football games at Steubenville when I was in high school. All their 50 year olds would curse, spit, and poor beer at their opponents. Football is all they have in that neighborhood and it's why these guys get treated like gods.
    It's pretty sad how bad they want to be like Texas football.