Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Who in here loves cats ..

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    and thats why ill never have an outdoor cat. in fact, when i adopted mine, they place made me promise two things: 1. never declaw them (extremely in humane) 2. keep them as indoor only cats.
    Yeah, it really pisses me off when I meet someone who declaws their cats. If you are too lazy to teach it to use a scratching post, then you shouldn't have a ****ing cat. All you have to do it teach it to scratch a post and to piss in a box and the cat will give you no trouble for the next 10 years.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Yeah, it really pisses me off when I meet someone who declaws their cats. If you are too lazy to teach it to use a scratching post, then you shouldn't have a ****ing cat. All you have to do it teach it to scratch a post and to piss in a box and the cat will give you no trouble for the next 10 years.
    please post a vid of you teaching the cat to use a scratching post and littler box...lol please!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    please post a vid of you teaching the cat to use a scratching post and littler box...lol please!!!!!

You can already find my instructional videos on my youtube channel "TheCatWhisperer."

   

so i guess mentioning that i find the cats vs dog debate to be idiotic and pointless would be missing the fact that people need pointless battles to fight.

so it seems i'm the only idiot, here. oh well.

Banned

I have a cat. Love em but he pisses me off sometimes. He's a very finicky eater, one week he eats a certain food, the next week he doesn't go near it. Pisses me the fvck, off, I've had many cans of cat food go to waste because of this.

shhhhhhh

You can already find my instructional videos on my youtube channel "TheCatWhisperer."

Nice...

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

It is mind blowing how much more convenient a cat is compared to a dog. It would be hard for me to get a dog after my family had cats for the past 6-7 years.
    yep...cats are infinitely easier to take care of...I had a cat and a dog and recently had to get rid of my dog because I have a baby now and my dog was a biter...

taking care of a cat for me = tending to the litter box and filling his and water dish up once a week....and that is IT

taking care of a dog is a daily chore...they have to be walked and given attention on a regular

I can also go on vacation for a week without having to worry about my cat...a dog you have to do something about which is a pain

I like both. I'm not sure both like you though. I had a dog, a little yorkie. She accidentally ran into this enormous Irish Wolfhound, decided I was in danger, and stood in front of me ready to battle it out. She'd have lasted all of 3 seconds, but she'd have gladly taken it to protect us.

Cats if you are in danger more than likely will bail to save themselves.

But i had a great cat for 11 years and my dog for 12 before she passed. They overlapped for 2 years, my dog thought my cat was the greatest thing in the history of the universe. The cat tolerated her worship.

Cats are easier but there is something to be said about being able to walk with the dog, run around the park, etc.
    Last edited by niko; 02-14-2014 at 05:48 PM.

Dogs are so much better and it's not even close. Cats don't give a ***** about you. They don't calls dogs "man's best friend" for no reason

I was REALLY REALLY close to getting a serval at one point in my life...I have a seller lined up in Florida and everything. After doing lots and lots of reading I eventually decided against it because apparently they are such a pain in the ass to take care of, and if they ever see daylight then you can kiss them goodbye, they are gone. But they are one of the only exotic big cats that can make for decent pets, and they get like Cheetah size.

All in all though, exotic cats shouldn't ever be pets...

That thing is very cool looking, but cats personality wise are so random, i wouldn't want one that big.

   

@p.tiddy,
    actually, cheetahs are about 3-4x bigger than servals.

not sure what the laws are where you live, but there's a lot of cat species, and maybe one of those would be a better prospect. pallas or ocelots have both made good pets IIRC.

Banned

I love cats. I love every kinda cat. I just wanna hug all of them but I can't, can't hug every cat.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverHeat
    I love cats. I love every kinda cat. I just wanna hug all of them but I can't, can't hug every cat.

@gigantes you're right cheetahs are bigger on average...servals can get really big though...

they can get large enough to where they resemble a cheetah...they are just very slender cats so they don't weigh much