Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Do you consider the Heat's "Big 3" era a success?

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    It's pretty safe to say that the Heat's Big 3 won't be winning any more rings together unless another major acquisition is made. Bosh has completely lost himself, Wade is done at the ripe old age of 32 ( ), and LeBron has one foot out the door.

So was the collusion and stacking the deck a success?

2011 - flat out choked against a less talented team in the finals. A collapse for the ages by LeBron James.
    2012 - beat the Thunder in a lockout year. Zero 50 win teams beaten.
    2013 - beat the Spurs after facing the 30 something win Milwaukee Bucks, the Bulls D-League team missing their like 3 best players, and the 49 win offensively inept Pacers. One 50 win team beaten.
    2014 - Heat's second best player, Dwyane Wade, was violently thrown into his basketball coffin by the Spurs. Heat were completely dominated in every facet of the game in what was essentially a 5 game sweep. I'm not sure what's more embarrassing, getting dominated by a 38 year old PF or allowing a 22 year old kid to win finals MVP.

Something to keep in mind: When the Heat formed, it was the top two players in the league and top 7ish 20/10 PF joining forces to win "not one, not two, not three...." You know the rest.

So was it a success?

If it ended and they don't play again together?

Neither success or failure.

However, if they had been in the West...they would have likely done much worse.

They would have only made 2 finals max...and I don't think they win in both 12 and 13. I don't think they beat the 12 Spurs with an injured Bosh...and I don't think they for sure get through the tough West while injured and slumping in 13.

So a big reason why it wasn't a failure has to do with the pathetic competition in the East.

Quote Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
    Years and years from now it will just be a side note. Something that happened, maybe forgotten by many. It won't stand the test of time like the Boston and Chicago dynasties and some of the other great teams.

Still more championship than CP3 and Blake Griffin. They likely won't win a championship in this era, and in the Wiggins era. They are the malone and stockton of this generation only without an NBA Finals appearance cause the two of them never elevated their game in the playoffs since they started to teamed up.

NBA sixth man of the year

4 Finals, 2 rings, of course its a success.....

Jeremy Lin beat you Kidbasketball20's Avatar

1 ring in a lockout year
    The other ring is one lucky Ray Allen shot away from being 1 in 4.

Total failure. 2 rings is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Adding Carmleo, Kevin Love, god or whatever other all star bran wants to team up with next wont be lumped in with the decision big 3
    And they added those players already?

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    If it ended and they don't play again together?

Neither success or failure.

However, if they had been in the West...they would have likely done much worse.

They would have only made 2 finals max...and I don't think they win in both 12 and 13. I don't think they beat the 12 Spurs with an injured Bosh...and I don't think they for sure get through the tough West while injured and slumping in 13.

So a big reason why it wasn't a failure has to do with the pathetic competition in the East.

the question isnt regarding the west...you can never stop the "ifs" can you

Quote Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
    Honestly,yeah they went to the NBA Finals every single year.
    This

They just need to add some younger role players. And please don't see sign any more washed up former NBA All stars.

They need some youth and athleticism.

Great college starter ThePhantomCreep's Avatar

I always said (after that ridiculous Big 3 celebration) this group needs three titles minimum just to break even.

Two titles would be a mild disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomCreep
    I always said (after that ridiculous Big 3 celebration) this group needs three titles minimum just to break even.

Two titles would be a mild disappointment.

It's still not over LBj is only 29, and He had his 2nd best and most efficient scoring performance in the NBA Finals. The Heat just needs to reload, and please don't sign Melo he might become the Dwightmare for the Heat.

NBA rookie of the year

90s Bulls > Early 2000s Lakers > Duncan/Parker/Gino Spurs > Heat 3 = Kobe/Gasol Lakers.

Depends on what your expectations for them were.

They did win 2 finals, but they were also embarrassed out of two where they weren't even competitive.

I know overreaction and living in the moment is human tendency, but the big 3 era is not over and the Heat will likely be right back in the finals next year. Everyone buried San Antonio after last year too.

Local High School Star icemanfan's Avatar

when you pruchase a team rather than taking the time to actually build one all you care about is championships. They bought two of them. It was a fantastic purchase. Most who have tried purchasing championships in the past have failed. Kudos to the Heat front office for making sure they got the right guys to actually get what they paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    I know overreaction and living in the moment is human tendency, but the big 3 era is not over and the Heat will likely be right back in the finals next year. Everyone buried San Antonio after last year too.

This

38 yrs.old Duncan won an NBA championship. They were outgunned by a better team this year, and I think it's a sign that they need to start fixing their team in the off season. I hope Spo would let Wade play the Manu Ginobili role.

People need to stop simplifying everything by saying, "well golly gee, they won two rings and made the finals every year, any team would take that!!" Well no shit. That isn't the point of this thread.

You have to look at context. You have to consider that the two best players at the time AND a top 7 20/10 PF formed the foundation for this team.

And then you have to consider how f*cking awful the East has been. You can't just ignore these things and say they won two rings. Context matters.

Quote Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
    Years and years from now it will just be a side note ( than again this will probably define this era, you can take that as good or bad) . Something that happened, maybe forgotten by many. It won't stand the test of time like the Boston and Chicago dynasties and some of the other great teams.
    So their on the same tier as the Bad Boy Pistons Pistons of dynasties ? Or is it the Clutch City Rockets ?