Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-15-2007, 11:14 PM   #46
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

Default Re: List your best clutch players

Reggie Miller, he's retired now but he got the job done.
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:23 PM   #47
EuJazz
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo31
Reggie Miller, he's retired now but he got the job done.

Sure did. He was a beast.
EuJazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:24 PM   #48
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Quote:
Actually, if you read anything (not just assume, because of the seeding), you'd have seen that not everyone predicted the Mavs to win, and most thought it would be a 6-7 game series. Don't just say things that don't make sense for effect.Like you comparing what I said to Willis Reed's game. You can't say that anything that Baron Davis did was even close to what Reed did. You moron. You can't take a Reed game and make it seem typical without hiding what ACTUALLY HAPPENED. You don't have to hide anything about Davis' playoffs to make them seem not heroic. His playoffs just were not heroic. What did the Warriors win 14 out of the last 16 against the Mavs before that series? I don't think too many people were terribly surprised (smart people, at least) that the Warriors won, especially when you add in the fact that they were 9-1 in their last 10 leading up to the playoffs. You've got to be kidding me GeeWiz.
ohhkay chill..

find me a guy whose job it is to analyze NBA basketball who picked the Warriors to win the series. I picked the upset, personally (granted I only got 4 of 8 and the team I picked to win the title lost in the first round), so clearly I know that not every fan got it wrong, but every "official" prediction that I saw had the Mavs in 4 to 6. remember Chuck's "they won't win another game?" these guys shocked the mainstream and they shocked the guys who feed their families on the basis of the knowledge and analysis of the game. I'd say they were underdogs. it's easy to look back and say, "oh yeah, they clearly had matchup advantages, and they beat them in the regular season" but you didn't think that at the time. at the time you probably thought "the Warriors are good and will put up a fight, but cmon the Mavs won 67 games, they're too good, this is the playoffs, regular season matchups don't matter." along with everyone else.

Quote:
I like how you only post his 1st and 3rd round stats. Come on, now.
who cares what he did against the Warriors? he had SFs guarding him in a fast paced blowout. what you do in a series like that doesn't point to clutchness... what you do against the Rockets and Spurs does.

Quote:
If this was the 'best playoff clutch players', then obviously he shouldn't be in the top 30. But it isn't, so figure in the fact his shooting percentage boosted into the 60's during clutch situations over the season, and you'll see he's as clutch as anyone in the league. He hit huge shot after huge shot after game winner during the year, why do you think everyone stands up every time he touches the ball in the last few minutes at the ESA?

I didn't say he was Michael Jordan or anything, I just said he was very clutch.
what you said was closer to "Michael Jordan" than "very clutch." you said he was top 3. I never disagreed that Memo is very clutch... I'm here to tell you he's not in some historical all time great discussion, which if you're casually "top 3" you are.

you gotta do something in the playoffs to be on that level.

Last edited by geeWiz15 : 06-15-2007 at 11:30 PM.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:28 PM   #49
Fudge
Banned

I thoroughly went through this whole thread and i haven't seen anything on Ray Allen? Should i look twice or am i just.. blind?
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:31 PM   #50
theinfamousmobb
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge
I thoroughly went through this whole thread and i haven't seen anything on Ray Allen? Should i look twice or am i just.. blind?
Cuz clutch players teams usually you win ,you see? Thats the whole point of being clutch.
theinfamousmobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:33 PM   #51
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Quote:
I'm pretty sure he's on my list, which is the only attempt at completeness in this thread (granted I'm sure I'm missing some). most people just mention the few that come most readily to mind.

Quote:
Cuz clutch players teams usually you win ,you see? Thats the whole point of being clutch.
not necessarily. being clutch doesn't even make you a winner, see Jamal Crawford and Gilbert Arenas (at this stage in their careers). then there are guys who are winners but not clutch. Scottie Pippen most readily comes to mind.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:36 PM   #52
theinfamousmobb
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
I'm pretty sure he's on my list, which is the only attempt at completeness in this thread (granted I'm sure I'm missing some). most people just mention the few that come most readily to mind.

not necessarily. being clutch doesn't even make you a winner, see Jamal Crawford and Gilbert Arenas (at this stage in their careers). then there are guys who are winners but not clutch. Scottie Pippen most readily comes to mind.
Touche.
theinfamousmobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:38 PM   #53
Fudge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
Yup, he is.
Seem's like the other guys are posting the most obvious ones.

Quote:
Exactly.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:46 PM   #54
DAXX
Serious playground baller

1 - Paul Pierce (homer much?)
2 - Kobe Bryant
3 - Gilbo Arenas
4 - Ray Allen
5 - Tracy McGrady
DAXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:47 PM   #55
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

eddy curry
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 08:10 PM   #56
DAXX
Serious playground baller

HAHAHA @ Curry. Didn't he make that game tying 3 ball?
DAXX is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: