Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 25323334353637 LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: Nuggets trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

I'm going to miss Chauncey, I'm glad though that he is happy!

Default Re: Nuggets trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

Quote Originally Posted by hoopaddict08
    I'm going to miss Chauncey, I'm glad though that he is happy!
    it is indeed bittersweet

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa

It's just as weird as seeing Ben Wallace when he was in a Bulls jersey.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KB42PAH
    Great trade for both teams.

Pistons needed a change, Billups although a top 6 PG, has been sleepwalking with no real fire in the EAST.

Denver is/was going nowhere with their lack of defense, and Billups should help. Melo/iverson would never have worked out - can't have 2 volume jumpshooters on the same team and expect to win .
    still with the lack of defense crap? its our offense thats the problem, not our D (which was around 10th last year)

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa

Quote Originally Posted by hoopaddict08
    It's just as weird as seeing Ben Wallace when he was in a Bulls jersey.
    Ben in a Bulls jersey was terrible and far worse. coming from the time of the Bad Boys

Root Of All Evil

If Detroit gels with Iverson they could be BETTER than the Celtics. If you get Rasheed motivated, he's every bit as good as KG. Iverson is a significant punch to add to Rasheed / Hamilton / Prince

Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Where does AI fit in the new team?

Great deal for both teams. The Pistons used to be a team with 4 great second-options and no first option. The Nuggets used to be a team with 2 great first options and no second option, and no defense. Now the makeup of both teams make more sense.

Nobody on the Pistons wants to, or in fact can, handle the ball or create a shot for himself consistently on-ball. AI can now assume the offense from a bunch of good players who don't want it and, with the exception of Sheed, wouldn't be able to do anything with it anyway. The Pistons are a team of guys who want to be passed to, and even better, and unlike any group of teammates AI has ever had, can catch the ball. Meanwhile the Nuggets can finally make Melo the centerpiece of their offense and I think Billups is the ideal fit with him, and improves them defensively, and even more importantly I think, makes them legit in the halfcourt game needed to win.

It would have been nice to keep McDyess, and I have no idea what exactly the Nuggets want with him unless his contract is up soon (how many former-athletic monsters with monster potential who became washed up old disappointments overnight because of injuries does one roster need? Is Kemp coming back too?) but I don't see the Pistons missing him too badly.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Default Re: Where does AI fit in the new team?

Quote Originally Posted by Posts Penyeach
    It would have been nice to keep McDyess, and I have no idea what exactly the Nuggets want with him unless his contract is up soon (how many former-athletic monsters with monster potential who became washed up old disappointments overnight because of injuries does one roster need? Is Kemp coming back too?) but I don't see the Pistons missing him too badly.
    Dice has actually developed a very solid post-athlete game and has played some of his best team ball post his athletic prime. his shot is money out to 15-17 ft, his D is great and he is a very smart player with spacing the floor on both O and D. so the nuggets would want him cause it makes their big man rotation significantly better. this aint J howard.

other than that, good post.

Saw a basketball once

Thumbs up Re: Nuggets trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

its an homecomming for chauncey billups but.. i think it was a good trade for both teams. check: www.woodpeckersju14.webs.com

Decent college freshman

an agreement has been reached between denver & mcdyess...

http://blogs.rockymountainnews.com/n...s_gives_u.html

mcdyess will give up big bucks in buyout...
    Last edited by francesco totti; 11-08-2008 at 10:58 AM.

this trade is where we find out what iverson's legacy will be... he's been put in such a great situation, i know i'll be judging his legacy based on what happens in detroit. he's finally in a situation where he has a great shot to win and win BIG. i for one think a finals appearance isn't out of the question. lakers vs. pistons pt. 2 would be a great series. he's got a ton of shooters around him so he'll get plenty iso's, and if he can be as efficient as he was last night [28 points on 12 shots from the field] this pistons team can be very dangerous.

as for chauncey, i think this is where everyone will realize how good of a point guard he really is. he was the catalyst for the pistons the past few years... he was their best player. now he'll lead the nuggets deep into the playoffs, i wouldn't be surprised if he took them to the WCF.

lol@Billups taking Denver to the WCF. Why the hell would you type that? Since when did Billups cure ALL of Denvers problems? You're overrating the hell out of Billups potential impact. I just love how this team loses Iverson/Camby and replaces them with Billups and moves Nene/Jr Smith into the starting lineup and this is a better TEAM. Also love how George Karl becomes a better coach as well. Seriously, rethink what you typed. Try breaking down Denvers strengths, weaknesses, how the team is coached and player personnel. Then tell me with a straight face adding Billups you wouldnt be surprised to see them in the WCF. Like really. Stop.

Quote Originally Posted by francesco totti
    an agreement has been reached between denver & mcdyess...

http://blogs.rockymountainnews.com/n...s_gives_u.html

mcdyess will give up big bucks in buyout...
    In reading that article, it appears he had given up substantial money to not play in Denver the last time