Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 10-17-2006, 12:20 PM   #1
Crush
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Crush has an OK reputation so far
Thumbs up VC for KG

Since VC and the Nets don't want to discuss VC's contract till the end of the season and KG is unhappy in Minny, how about trading them for each other? It will give the Nets the big man they have been missing since K-Mart. The salaries will match if you trade KG ($21MM) for VC ($15.1MM), Jeff McInnis ($3.6MM) and Boston Nachbar ($2.3MM).
Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 01:02 PM   #2
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

that would be nice.

but why does Minny do it?
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 01:28 PM   #3
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Wolves want a bunch of young talent in return for KG. Talent that they can develop. They aren't going to trade KG for a swingman (with a bad work ethic) who won't even be able to lead them as far as KG has in the past. No way in hell Minny does this unless like, Kristic is involved, or something.
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 01:45 PM   #4
Crush
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Crush has an OK reputation so far
Unhappy VC for KG

I know it doesn't make much sense for Minny unless more teams are involved for Minny to get a big man to replace KG. It's wishful thinking on my part because I would love to see KG with the Nets. Since K-Mart has left, the team is missing an emotional player that can make an impact on both ends of the court.
Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 02:28 PM   #5
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

McHale is stupid, but not that stupid.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 02:29 PM   #6
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

....or is he?
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 03:36 PM   #7
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

no hes not.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 04:45 PM   #8
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i wouldn't want KG in jersey for the price we would have to pay. the price would be some or all of our best young players, such as RJ, krstic and m.williams.

plus it's hard to say how long KG is going to be productive for. age-wise he's at the point where it's expected he starts declining soon, plus he's got the arthritic knees IIRC.

the way the nets need to get players to help them win a championship has to be the same way they got RJ, twin, krstic, wright and m.williams, ie a canny draft move or trade for someone who's undervalued by the other team. and with the promise of marcus williams, there is no longer the same urgency of "must win now before kidd goes downhill!"

instead, thorn/stefanski can continue to do what they do best and the team can continue to steadily get better, getting back to the finals this year or the following years. *knocks on wood*
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 02:32 PM   #9
netsfan549
High School Starter

netsfan549 has decent reputationnetsfan549 has decent reputation

Nah, i wouldnt do this trade
netsfan549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 04:42 PM   #10
BlockShot
I hit open 5-footers

BlockShot has an OK reputation so far

KG's beginning to like minni again, and if KG isnt happy wit minni what makes you tink VC would like it, plus i doubt vc will b in new jersey soon unless u get a player LIKE kg
BlockShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 04:50 PM   #11
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

If he gets to go up for bid in free agency and Garnett and Minnesota don't come to an agreement. I see Garnett putting himself up for far less his value and winning a championship. I hope he goes really cheap just so we can see how dominant KG is with a good team. I would like to see him to New Jersey. I think they would win a lot of championships. I hope KG can lower his price if he's in free agency. He seems like the type of player who would go cheap...he really wants that championship and he's made so much money throughout his career he doesn't need it as much anymore. If KG goes up in free agency, watch team's eyes light up...everybody will want him.

Last edited by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork : 10-22-2006 at 10:29 AM.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 11:30 PM   #12
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

suprissingly i might just work out.. then Eddie House can start and shoot the hell out of the other team... KG inside Krstic outside = GOD!
wally_world is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:00 PM   #13
InsideLane
I airball my layups

InsideLane has an OK reputation so far

I'm not feeling KG anymore. He isnt showing as much as he was a few years back.
InsideLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:57 AM   #14
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i'm glad the GM's around the league spend so much time reading threads like these.

*rolls eyes*
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 11:15 PM   #15
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideLane
I'm not feeling KG anymore. He isnt showing as much as he was a few years back.

lololololololol, i guess he doesnt watch nba much
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: