Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Orlando Magic Forum

Orlando Magic Forum Orlando Magic forum - Orlando Magic message board

Old 02-22-2007, 04:42 AM   #1
JMEWLS

Default Darko blaming Larry Brown?

Quote:
Magic center Milicic joins Brown bashers

BY MICHAEL OBERNAUER
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

It's no secret that Larry Brown is persona non grata in the personnel areas of Madison Square Garden, but in the visitors' locker room, too?

Orlando's Darko Milicic, who played his first two NBA seasons under Brown in Detroit, blames the former Knick coach for stalling his development and hamstringing his career.

"I thought he did. I was supposed to get a chance in Detroit, but I didn't," Milicic, the 7-foot center who came to Orlando along with Carlos Arroyo in a trade last February, said last night. "He was supposed to give me a chance to see what I could do, but he didn't. All I was expecting was a chance if nothing else, but it didn't happen and now I'm here and I'm happy."

Brown, of course, was forced out of New York after one season of 59 losses and almost as many different starting lineups. In his absence, Eddy Curry has begun to blossom, and Milicic sees that as no coincidence.

"I just want to improve my game now and it's gonna take a lot," he said. "When you don't play for three years, you kind of lose the feeling."
Does Darko hate Larry Brown or something?

If he had the minutes in Detroit he would probably be a better basketball player coming into Orlando, he seems pretty happy in Orlando which is great i think he could be a key part of our roster for years to come.

Im hoping he doesnt get traded or leaves, many people are saying his a bust but i disagree. Its really his first NBA season this year, this season his getting real minutes and is showing flashes of the player he can potentially be.

He's showing that he wants to improve, thats always a start im hoping he turns into the player many thought he would turn into on draft night. Its no secret on how much potential he has, its just if he can live up to it.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:17 AM   #2
Sword.Dragons
Good High School Starter

Sword.Dragons has decent reputation
Default Re: Darko blaming Larry Brown?

If he had promised Darko to give him a chance of playing, i'd be pretty pissed off too if you sat on the end of the bench for however many games and never for your chance.

I'm also hoping he doesn't get traded and i hope they re-sign him in the off-season.
Sword.Dragons is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: