Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 07-03-2011, 03:26 PM   #1
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here
Default HDMI on PS3 Problem, can some kind person help please?

Ok so when i turn on my PS3 the HDMI seems to be F'd up or something cause I Keep getting invalid Format on my screen. So do I just get a New HDMI Cord or is there a way to fix this?
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:29 PM   #2
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: HDMI on PS3 Problem, can some kind person help please?

Did you try resetting the video settings? With the ps3 off, hold the power button until it beeps twice. If that doesn't work then I'm not sure what the problem is.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:06 PM   #3
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Sounds like you have the system settings wrong. Post above mine should solve the problem.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:21 PM   #4
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here

I did the beeping thing and the screen is still blank saying invalid format, thanks for the replies by the way. How can I fix the video settings if the screen is blank?

Last edited by D12"Magic" : 07-03-2011 at 05:24 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:54 PM   #5
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
I did the beeping thing and the screen is still blank saying invalid format, thanks for the replies by the way. How can I fix the video settings if the screen is blank?
this may sound like a dick response but it's not - go to the sony website and look up the PS3 message board and search for exactly what you are seeing. i remember having a similar problem and that is what i did. Also, check your TV settings, your PS3 might be sending out an incompatible number (like 1080 but the tv wants 720 or something like that).
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:12 PM   #6
D12"Magic"
College superstar

Turns out my Monster HDMI sucks, so untill I get a new one im stuck playing in 480 resolution -_-, though thanks for the help guys.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:33 PM   #7
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Turns out my Monster HDMI sucks, so untill I get a new one im stuck playing in 480 resolution -_-, though thanks for the help guys.
ive had expensive cables, cheap cables, and the picture is the same. dont spend too much on cable.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:36 PM   #8
D12"Magic"
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
ive had expensive cables, cheap cables, and the picture is the same. dont spend too much on cable.
Definitely. Also thinking about buying a PS3 Cooler cause I cant play it without it over heating.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:28 PM   #9
D12"Magic"
College superstar

Brought a new one and the cheapest for 30 at Wal-mart ( One chord was 70 WTF ) Now my problem is fixed though, so my old one was crappy.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:56 PM   #10
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My cable was like 20 bucks, and it works fine. its the same as any HDMI cable.

If your ps3 gets too hot, mount it up on a deck of cards on all 4 sides. it allows the fan to circulate better. Fixed my problem.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:05 AM   #11
D12"Magic"
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
My cable was like 20 bucks, and it works fine. its the same as any HDMI cable.

If your ps3 gets too hot, mount it up on a deck of cards on all 4 sides. it allows the fan to circulate better. Fixed my problem.
If you don't mind can you explain this better, please ?
Old 07-05-2011, 12:18 AM   #12
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

get 4 decks of cards. not too high, just a few inches. Put them on the little pad things that are under your ps3(those are just each corner).

this makes the fan thats below it not sit on a flat surface so it has more room to circulate. thus, its cooler, and is good for your ps3.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:12 AM   #13
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Brought a new one and the cheapest for 30 at Wal-mart ( One chord was 70 WTF ) Now my problem is fixed though, so my old one was crappy.
Amazon my friend. I've gotten all of my HDMI cables from there and NONE of them have had to be replaced and the most I spent on one was 7 bucks.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:22 AM   #14
D12"Magic"
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
get 4 decks of cards. not too high, just a few inches. Put them on the little pad things that are under your ps3(those are just each corner).

this makes the fan thats below it not sit on a flat surface so it has more room to circulate. thus, its cooler, and is good for your ps3.
Thanks very much
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: