Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617
    Decent college freshman Calabis's Avatar

Default Re: Using "Da Man" theory is weak

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    People still believe this shit?

Pippen was a top 5 pick, and highly sought after talent (Chicago traded to get him from Seattle). He had his playmaking/ball handling skills from playing PG as a teen, and he was already touted as a great defensive player coming out of college (averaged 3+ steals which is more than MJ ever did in college btw). Improved dramatically EVERY year he was in college, which shows his tremendous work ethic before he even met MJ (went from a team manager to a college star in like 4-5 years).

He wasn't some dime a dozen scrub who showed up in the NBA one day and Jordan decided to use his midas touch to make him a star. I'm sure if Jordan had this ability he would have taken everyone under his wing and made something of them. By Pippen's rookie year, announcers around the league were already projecting him to be a superstar. By his second year he had improved into decent second option and by his third he was an all-star and one of the best #2s in the league. Either Jordan was a godly teacher or maybe...Pippen was just freaking talented. By the way, his improvement came at a time when Jordan wasn't even the vocal leader of the team (that came around '90 from Grant's account). They had a segment about this in the '91 Pistons series and oddly enough, Grant named Corzine as the one providing leadership to guys like Pippen and him in their first couple of years. Pippen was one of the most physically talented players of his era, was unnaturally skilled for a guy his size and was showing tons of flashes of greatness early on in his rookie year. I'd say he would not only be fine without Jordan but maybe even better off (gets a chance to develop faster without a teammate taking 30 shots a night, and maybe even win a ring on his own as he showed he was capable of leading a contending team in '94, because hey, we all know on ISH, one ring as the man > six as a #2). MJ helped him sure but lets quit the outrageous "Jordan made Pippen" BS.

If it was that simple Jordan would have made another Pippen before '88. He would have made another Pippen when he was in Washington and would have made another Pippen in Charlotte right now.
    Wow, the kobehomer out again. Jordan played a major role in Pippens development, without it, who knows what Pippen becomes, does he fulfill his potential with the Supersonics and no driven star like MJ???? I love how you assume he would have just been this and that, when he himself credits Jordan with his development. Does Ariza become the defender he was, without battling Kobe in practice??? I doubt it, but who knows right???

[I]Everyone who knew the Bulls knew that Pippen

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by New York Knicks
    Is this the longest "Please Love My Kobe" thread ever?
    why don't you tell your mom to give you a bath. Can't you see grown-ups are talking?
    If you actually followed it's gone further than a Kobe conversation. In fact, it's never been about Kobe, loser.
    Last edited by DaHeezy; 02-12-2011 at 07:09 PM.

The idea that Jordan "made' Pippen is absurd. Almost as crazy as saying Shaq made Kobe.
    Calabis, how is he being a Kobe homer for pointing this out? That's idiotic to say that. It's more a Jordian type statement.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    No, you're ****ing blind if you think people can't watch that entire series on youtube and see for themselves that Jordan guarded Magic for all of game 1, first quarter of game 2, about 20% of game 3, about 50-60% of game 4, and virtually all of game 5. But you keep spouting that bullshit.

No, dickwad, they weren't Pippen's. Pippen guarded SF's save for 3 exceptions in 10 years while MJ was playing. It was Jordan, not Pippen, who guarded guys like Miller, Drexler, Richmond, Dumars, Tim Hardaway, Kevin Johnson, Isiah, Houston, Majerle, Hornacek, Price, Sprewell, Robertson, Strickland etc. (the PG's listed only occasionally when needed) - not Pippen.
    First off, the thread could actually lose you and be a great conversation piece. This is why I hate Jordians. Blind love makes people arrogant.

Second, you absolutely lost the context of my statement. I said Pippen guards the TOUGHEST assignments, if it happened to be those players you listed, which by the way is way exaggerated, he did. It was CLEARLY pointed out when they had to switch Jordan off Magic.

Now disappear, let the good times roll

Decent college freshman Calabis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    The idea that Jordan "made' Pippen is absurd. Almost as crazy as saying Shaq made Kobe.
    Calabis, how is he being a Kobe homer for pointing this out? That's idiotic to say that. It's more a Jordian type statement.
    First of all no one stated Jordan "made" Pippen, what I said and what Pippen said is that Jordan played a major role in his development.

Reference how is he being a Kobehomer?????......, simple, he is assuming Pippen becomes the Pippen that we know today, without Jordan's influence. How does he know that Pippen fulfills his potential? I know, because he hates giving MJ credit for anything, and rather then using facts, he uses "what ifs/hypotheticals", I noticed this is where the Kobestans love to go, when it becomes a debate.

I just posted a statement from Pippen himself, he stated the endless practices sessions against MJ was where his greatest improvements where made, but who cares what the player who we are talking about says, lets just go by what a Kobehomer states. NE1 diminishes Jordans career on multiple boards and on this board daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Calabis
    First of all no one stated Jordan "made" Pippen, what I said and what Pippen said is that Jordan played a major role in his development.
    Umm yes, you did

Reference how is he being a Kobehomer?????......, simple, he is assuming Pippen becomes the Pippen that we know today, without Jordan's influence. How does he know that Pippen fulfills his potential? I know, because he hates giving MJ credit for anything, and rather then using facts, he uses "what ifs/hypotheticals", I noticed this is where the Kobestans love to go, when it becomes a debate.

Open your eyes dude, he's a Pippen supporter. You're being more of a jordan dickrider and twisting statements.
    I just posted a statement from Pippen himself, he stated the endless practices sessions against MJ was where his greatest improvements where made, but who cares what the player who we are talking about says, lets just go by what a Kobehomer states. NE1 diminishes Jordans career on multiple boards and on this board daily.
    Great PR statement. BTW, would you give Kobe the same credit since he ALWAYS credits Jordan for his career. You'd probably rip out your balls before doing so. So GTFO

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    First off, the thread could actually lose you and be a great conversation piece. This is why I hate Jordians. Blind love makes people arrogant.

Second, you absolutely lost the context of my statement. I said Pippen guards the TOUGHEST assignments, if it happened to be those players you listed, which by the way is way exaggerated, he did. It was CLEARLY pointed out when they had to switch Jordan off Magic.

Now disappear, let the good times roll
    but this is simply not true.

if they bulls were playing a team with a great pg or sg.....it was jordan that routinely covered them. i can't remember more than a handful of times that i ever saw pippen chasing around a point guard. so if the toughest assignment was a guard....jordan took it.

so your point holds no water at all and is in fact, a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Well, kobe's my favorite player, but I don't see why kobe fans would want to say pippen didn't develop into a better player when he was playing in a great system and next to a great competitor that could bring the most out of him. In the end he was still a great all time player no matter how he got there..
    This exactly. I beleieve jordan hepled futher develope pippen. But I don't think he made pippen.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    I'm glad you dropped Worthy...

As for Pippen and McHale... I think they would have had some success. They may even have been able to lead their teams to championships. However, Bryant has lead his team to two championships and could possibly lead them to a 4th straight NBA Finals. His play for the last four years and the way in which he carried the Lakers for the two years prior to getting Gasol has put him in a place ahead of what one would reasonably hypothesize that Pippen or McHale would do. Yes, the career argument goes to Bryant. And yes, the scoring argument goes to Bryant while McHale and Pippen have areas in which they excel. But I'm sorry... the talent argument goes to Bryant as well. Neither McHale nor Pippen had the all around game that Bryant has had.
    Lol you don't like worthy?

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Stupid F*CKS.

I don't even know why the issue of MJ making Pip or molding Pip (is that better you cry babies?) is even challenged.

As I've mentioned, it is a FACT.

Not a theory, nor a speculation, but a FACT.

Idiots.