Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: What are your next gen plans?

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    What?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    What?
    game trade ins rape you so hard.

when you get rid of games sell them on craigslist or something like that. you can often get 2x or even 3x the value gamestop or something like that will give you.

unless things are different in potato land.

game trade ins rape you so hard.

when you get rid of games sell them on craigslist or something like that. you can often get 2x or even 3x the value gamestop or something like that will give you.

unless things are different in potato land.
    I trade all my shit in too. If it's a game I'm never gonna play again, why keep it? I have a friend that keeps them no matter what, because they're "his". You do get raped but it's way more convenient than to go meet someone from CList.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

So there's one PS4 exclusive that I'm particularly interested in, that being Watch Dogs.

And there's one PS3 exclusive I'm getting, GTAV, which is already preordered.

Now there's another two games, that are going to be on both platforms, that I'm interested in. Batman and Assassin's Creed. Batman it's possible I could live without. I loved both the first installments, but both I played mainly because they fell at good times, because the super hero genre is not something I'm usually into. Assassin's Creed I was a little worried about, because it felt rushed to me. I did skip both Bloodlines and Brotherhood, so I'm not quite as committed to the series as some people, although I have loved all three of the main releases, in spite of some of the repetitiveness flaws. And unlike most people, I loved three, even more than two, so it's heading in a good direction in my opinion, especially if the awfull Desmond story line has truely ended. And the game play footage that's been circulating looks awesome.

So my options are finish GTAV, play one or both Batman and AC on my PS3, which I just bought the new slim 500 gig model last Christmas, and hold off on the PS4 and just get it with Watch Dogs when I'm ready, or suck it up and buy the PS4 right out the gate like I usually do, and get the better versions of both AC and Batman, but it's likely that one of them I'll never get to, because by the time I finish Watch Dogs, something else will probably come out that will push those to the back burner.

It's a tough call.

I will probably get a next gen console a year after launch. There are still plenty of old games on 360 and PS3 that will keep me occupied for a year. I'm really not in any rush for it. I might actually buy a new PS3 at launch because I'm losing the one I have now when I move into my new apartment in two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    So there's one PS4 exclusive that I'm particularly interested in, that being Watch Dogs.

And there's one PS3 exclusive I'm getting, GTAV, which is already preordered.

Now there's another two games, that are going to be on both platforms, that I'm interested in. Batman and Assassin's Creed. Batman it's possible I could live without. I loved both the first installments, but both I played mainly because they fell at good times, because the super hero genre is not something I'm usually into. Assassin's Creed I was a little worried about, because it felt rushed to me. I did skip both Bloodlines and Brotherhood, so I'm not quite as committed to the series as some people, although I have loved all three of the main releases, in spite of some of the repetitiveness flaws. And unlike most people, I loved three, even more than two, so it's heading in a good direction in my opinion, especially if the awfull Desmond story line has truely ended. And the game play footage that's been circulating looks awesome.

So my options are finish GTAV, play one or both Batman and AC on my PS3, which I just bought the new slim 500 gig model last Christmas, and hold off on the PS4 and just get it with Watch Dogs when I'm ready, or suck it up and buy the PS4 right out the gate like I usually do, and get the better versions of both AC and Batman, but it's likely that one of them I'll never get to, because by the time I finish Watch Dogs, something else will probably come out that will push those to the back burner.

It's a tough call.
    It's not a tough call, just wait, play all the games and get PS4 next year when it's getting all the games made specifically for it. I doubt the PS4 versions will be much better, do you think companies will spend a lot of resources on a system almost no one has?

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Now the DLC question, that's interesting. I could see MS grabbing exclusivity for that, I really could. Would be quite a coup.

Rockstar is the only videogame company that does DLC right.
    No other video games do DLC. I'm lost what what you mean. DLC = downloadable content, and most of my games always have DLC later on after release. Be it map packs, additions to the game or a additional story all together. Assassins creed, Bioshock do this with DLC. Is this what you are asking?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Hero
    I trade all my shit in too. If it's a game I'm never gonna play again, why keep it? I have a friend that keeps them no matter what, because they're "his". You do get raped but it's way more convenient than to go meet someone from CList.
    id take money over convenience personally.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    No other video games do DLC. I'm lost what what you mean. DLC = downloadable content, and most of my games always have DLC later on after release. Be it map packs, additions to the game or a additional story all together. Assassins creed, Bioshock do this with DLC. Is this what you are asking?
    No I mean I could see Microsoft acquire exlusive rights to a GTA DLC pack (or packs). They have a lot of money to throw around for these deals, while Sony can't offer a dime.

And that Rockstar is the only company with worthwhile DLC. I realize almost every developer releases DLC of some form these days, but by and large it's overpriced garbage. Rockstar is the only developer offering high quality DLC.

i dont think rockstar would do that seeing as it would piss off a bunch of their fanbase

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

i dont think rockstar would do that seeing as it would piss off a bunch of their fanbase

Rockstar already did it. Gay Tony and The Lost and The Damned weren't exclusives, but they were time released exclusives to the XBox. It took like a full year to get to PS. For the right money they would do it again I'm sure. I'm just curious how they'd handle the content, because you couldn't play GT or TLATD without having GTA already, so if I play those on PS3, then move on to the PS4, will I be able to play the additional content on there?

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    No I mean I could see Microsoft acquire exlusive rights to a GTA DLC pack (or packs). They have a lot of money to throw around for these deals, while Sony can't offer a dime.

And that Rockstar is the only company with worthwhile DLC. I realize almost every developer releases DLC of some form these days, but by and large it's overpriced garbage. Rockstar is the only developer offering high quality DLC.

Oops got you.

Thorpesaurous can you give me your age in a bracket so I don't feel so bad about playing games still?

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    It's not a tough call, just wait, play all the games and get PS4 next year when it's getting all the games made specifically for it. I doubt the PS4 versions will be much better, do you think companies will spend a lot of resources on a system almost no one has?
    Actually, you're wrong.

AC4 on the ps4 and xbone will have better graphics, along with better wind and water simulation. Which is going to be pretty important since...you're a pirate.

link

Watch Dogs is also going to look prettier on the next gen as well along with better simulation even though that's not going to be as important as it will with AC 4. link

Battlefield 4 is going to only be able to do second screen stuff on next gen.

I'd assume several other games are going to be the same way, not just Ubisoft and EA.
    Last edited by Rose; 08-05-2013 at 11:08 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Actually, you're wrong.

AC4 on the ps4 and xbone will have better graphics, along with better wind and water simulation. Which is going to be pretty important since...you're a pirate.

link

Watch Dogs is also going to look prettier on the next gen as well along with better simulation even though that's not going to be as important as it will with AC 4. link

Battlefield 4 is going to only be able to do second screen stuff on next gen.

I'd assume several other games are going to be the same way, not just Ubisoft and EA.
    they will look better but they will all play exactly the same. it's basically the same as how games made in the past 2-3 years are on pc versus 360/ps3.