Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Milwaukee Bucks Forum

Milwaukee Bucks Forum Milwaukee Bucks forum - Milwaukee Bucks message board

Old 11-18-2006, 05:20 PM   #1
DTribble
I airball my layups

DTribble has decent reputation
Default Redd's rank

I posted this on the general NBA forum. I'm getting killed for backing Redd.

Although Milwaukee's my team, I'm not trying to be a homer on this. Does Redd deserve more credit and recognition as being one of the top 1-5 sg in the NBA? As of now he's leading the L in scoring. His apg are down due to inept shooting by fellow Bucks. My question really, is Redd closing in on quote un quote 'superstar' status? If not, what would it take? Winning a ring?...Winning a playoff round? Or just being anywhere outside of Milwaukee? If he was in a larger market (i.e. NY, LA, Chi.) would he already be one?

anyone wanna back me?
DTribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:05 AM   #2
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

too early... too early...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:51 AM   #3
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

no way redd is a superstar...he is a mini ray allen and allen aint a superstar
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 02:36 AM   #4
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

*LAKERS_3_PETE* has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
no way redd is a superstar...he is a mini ray allen and allen aint a superstar

I disagree Michael Redd has increased his scoring avrg every year since being drafted in the 2nd rd. and 43rd overall in the 2000 draft and currently the leagues 3rd leading scorer. Redd has got to be the most underated SG in this league though he's more than being compensated for with his superstar salary that will go up to 18.3 million in 2010, now that doesn't sound like a nonsuperstar drafted 43rd overall does it? Props to Michael Redd!
*LAKERS_3_PETE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 09:35 PM   #5
d_downdamnit
Can barely lace up my sneakers

d_downdamnit has an OK reputation so far

Redd is tremendous! Did anyone catch that Laker game 2 nights ago??? Kobe didn't look like the superstar on the court; it was Redd dropping 45, getting to the bucket, breaking Lamar Odom's ankles so bad that he nearly fell over, and, most importantly, getting the calls and respect from the officials. Kobe looked dumbfounded and bitter...like a newly dethroned ruler. I back you, bro
d_downdamnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 05:26 PM   #6
jbrown3
Can barely lace up my sneakers

jbrown3 has an OK reputation so far
Default Compare to Mello

I'm pretty sure Redd is near superstar potential, which is to say he isn't one yet, however I don't see why he wouldn't be in the coming seasons. His ability to score is uncanny, and yes his other stats are relatively low, however his stats are literally just a small step below Mello's and Mello definitely has near superstar status. Think about that.
jbrown3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: