Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: NBA All Star Game is a joke. Make it like the MLB All-Star Gam or just get rid of it

Quote Originally Posted by kjarnorkudori
    I would like to implement the NHL all-star game system.
    I agree. They need to put a comet tail on the basketball.

Decent playground baller ballashotcalla's Avatar

Default Re: NBA All Star Game is a joke. Make it like the MLB All-Star Gam or just get rid of it

The MLB all star game is a bigger joke.

The objective is not to win. The manager's job is to let everyone get playing time.

The only reason they made it that format was because the commish was stupid and called a tie after there were no pitchers left.

Serious playground baller kingBynum's Avatar

If winning would give homecourt, then FANS voting would be out the question.

Imagine all the trolls getting together to get a crappy starting 5 just so they can lose

If the NBA would implement an all star fantasy draft like the NHL has done, with a captain on both teams, each helped by an "assistant" captain to help him pick his team, it would be ****ing awesome. Imagine the awkwardness when the last player gets picked. OMG i would honestly die watching it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz_f7ayRbEQ

I almost died of laughter while watching this.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    Then don't watch it
    Never said I was going to.

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Don't watch then, fact is this weekend is the chance for players to rest and have fun. Thats it.
    this

im sure enough fans enjoy it enough to make it worthwhile for the nba

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    this

im sure enough fans enjoy it enough to make it worthwhile for the nba
    I'm sure more fans would enjoy it if the players actually tried their hardest like it was a playoff game. 2 dream teams going head to head giving it their all. THAT'S the All Star Game I want to see.

Instead what we get is a glorified vacation, and a scrimmage "game" without defense where the players are trying harder to show off their shooting/dunks/handles than their playing skill.

I understand it's all with good fun in mind, but it would be a lot more fun for the fans to see some amazing matchups of the top players in the game actually trying, with a playoff-esque atmosphere. Why do you think nobody refers to any All-Star-Game as a "classic matchup" or "amazing game"? Because they're not. And in their current form, they never will be. (Even though with the players that are on the roster, they should easily be some of the best games of all time)

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by c3z4r
    If the NBA would implement an all star fantasy draft like the NHL has done, with a captain on both teams, each helped by an "assistant" captain to help him pick his team, it would be ****ing awesome. Imagine the awkwardness when the last player gets picked. OMG i would honestly die watching it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz_f7ayRbEQ

I almost died of laughter while watching this.
    Haha, I came real close to not clicking that link, but I'm glad I did. That was in fact pretty hilarious. Phil Kessel looks like a shlub. Then he walks all the way up the stairs with the announcer calling his name three times and doesn't realize it until he sits down. Then he has to stand up and walk back down the stairs again. Then they give him a car. Then the confetti's released and P.K. Subban thinks he's getting shot. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by wagexslave
    I'm sure more fans would enjoy it if the players actually tried their hardest like it was a playoff game. 2 dream teams going head to head giving it their all. THAT'S the All Star Game I want to see.

Instead what we get is a glorified vacation, and a scrimmage "game" without defense where the players are trying harder to show off their shooting/dunks/handles than their playing skill.

I understand it's all with good fun in mind, but it would be a lot more fun for the fans to see some amazing matchups of the top players in the game actually trying, with a playoff-esque atmosphere. Why do you think nobody refers to any All-Star-Game as a "classic matchup" or "amazing game"? Because they're not. And in their current form, they never will be. (Even though with the players that are on the roster, they should easily be some of the best games of all time)
    I'm not sure why every game has to somehow be elevated to legendary status. I like the All-Star game because it's a break and an exhibition. An insane competition might be the competition you want to see, but it's not what we all want to see. I see great players compete against each other every single night. Then I see Olympic teams made up of the best of the best go at it. I'm alright with the All-Star game being a platform for NBA players to show the extent of their athletic abilities by attempting plays they otherwise wouldn't risk.

Personally, if the All-Star game just turned into another form of regular old NBA basketball with paced tempo, half-court offense, physical defense, fouls, time-outs, many free throws and mid-range jumpers, it'd lose a ton of its appeal to me.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 02-26-2012 at 11:37 AM.

I find most of Allstar Weekend to be a joke but the actual game has always been pretty entertaining. The MLB thing is dumb cos if the game is that serious, it'll ruin it. No one will try fancy moves or anything

Why make the regular season even more irrelevant by copying the stupid MLB format? How does it make sense to base WS homefield on a game where the best players are out by the 3rd or 4th inning?
    Last edited by konex; 02-26-2012 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wagexslave

EDIT: No.
    Last edited by Fiasco; 02-26-2012 at 12:41 PM.

the dunk contest is annoying. they should just call it the circus act because that's what it is. the essence of the contest, which are dunks have been buried by the pre-dunk show and the props.

but the East vs West game is still very entertaining. a 1 vs 1 match would be really entertaining.

this is my description of the dunk contest: