Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 06-27-2008, 12:36 AM   #1
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Mile High Crew has an OK reputation so far
Default Sonny Weems Coming to Denver

The Nuggets traded their 2009 second round pick to the Bulls to get Sonny Weems in this years draft.

A senior from Arkansas who is 6'6" tall weighing in at 201 lbs. he has won the dunk contest and plays both small forward and shooting guard. Ranking 9th in the nation as a shooting guard.

I kinda like this kid because he's gots some hops to his game, does this mean J.R. is out?

What do you think about this acquistion?
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 01:22 AM   #2
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Sonny Weems Coming to Denver

i want to give this guy a chance and like him

i amthinking that you said it on another post- yakouba is gone- we wont pay him double(because of luxery tax) of whar another team might give him- im sure hoping that they wouldnt think weems is the jr replacement

there are real nba players out there still- davon jefferson IS an nba wing player
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:55 AM   #3
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

So looks like this is it for 'kouba? I liked him
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:28 PM   #4
tgan3
Local High School Star

tgan3 has decent reputation

y did denver get him? His basically a carbon copy of JR smith. And considering how JR isnt a starter yet, hw much playing time will this guy get?
tgan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:54 PM   #5
paguy1955
High School Starter

paguy1955 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgan3
y did denver get him? His basically a carbon copy of JR smith. And considering how JR isnt a starter yet, hw much playing time will this guy get?

You need to read more before you make these comments. he is nothing like JR.. The only simularity is they both like to dunk..

He is 6'6" 203 lbs. He cannot shoot like JR but is a big body..

College Highlights: Named First Team All-SEC by the league coaches as a senior. Earned Second Team honors from The Associated Press. Finished collegiate career at Arkansas after playing first two seasons at Arkansas-Fort Smith.

Senior (2007-08): Averaged a team-high 15.0 points, 4.5 rebounds and 2.6 assists. Scored 20 or more points 10 times. Registered only double-double of the season with 22 points and 10 rebounds vs. Ole Miss. Tallied 28 points and nine rebounds vs. South Carolina. Recorded 22 of his 26 points at Kentucky in the second half. Scored 20 points and grabbed seven rebounds at Tennessee. Posted 17 points, five assists and a career-high six steals vs. Louisiana-Monroe. Notched 17 points and a season-high seven assists at Auburn. Exploded for a career-high 31 points on 12-for-14 shooting vs. Indiana in the first round of the NCAA Tournament, which tied Todd Day for the second-most points scored in a NCAA Tournament game in school history. Scored a game-high 19 points vs. North Carolina in the second round
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:20 PM   #6
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

So it sounds like he's more of a post up guard?
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:36 PM   #7
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Mile High Crew has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
So it sounds like he's more of a post up guard?

Yes, that is what he is pretty much. He loves to drive through the lane and can spot up and shoot the ball. He may be the same size as J.R. with height, but he is a big guy, reminding me more of Lebron James type of player than one of a J.R. The major thing he has on J.R. is DEFENSE, I've seen him play five times on t.v. and I think he may not be a big name player, but is someone Melo can play with, as part of the building around Melo project.
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:08 PM   #8
AItheAnswer3
Decent college freshman

AItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation here

I like this move but I doubt he'll get enough playing time to prove himself
AItheAnswer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 02:27 PM   #9
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AItheAnswer3
I like this move but I doubt he'll get enough playing time to prove himself
Agreed. I like the move... but I also don't really care. He won't play much and even if he does, he's not the final piece that's taking Denver to the next level. We need a big trade or deal; something this small isn't going to do much. At this rate we're still a 48-52 win, 1st round exit team.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:04 PM   #10
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

vmdv12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by paguy1955
You need to read more before you make these comments. he is nothing like JR.. The only simularity is they both like to dunk..

He is 6'6" 203 lbs. He cannot shoot like JR but is a big body..

Hey guys..HUGE Bulls fan here...and just as big of a Razorbacks fan!!! Paguy....said it perfectly. Weems "CAN'T" shoot like JR. He's athletic..fast...and can jump!! I like his defense. Hey, Paguy....do you remember Eddie Robinson?? That's the kind of jumper Weems has IMO. He's got a decent midrange shot..especially when he's in motion. Weems usually goes off one leg on his dunks...even his alley-oops..which is different since most guys go off of two legs. I kinda wish the Bulls would have kept him..but oh well. Good luck to you guys!
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: