Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Orlando Magic Forum

Orlando Magic Forum Orlando Magic forum - Orlando Magic message board

Old 10-15-2008, 11:13 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Will the Magic backcourt limit the team?

How do you feel about the Magic guards. Obviously they aren't stars, but how do you think they fit in with what the Magic frontcourt does?
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:19 PM   #2
josh99
Local High School Star

josh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Will the Magic backcourt limit the team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
How do you feel about the Magic guards. Obviously they aren't stars, but how do you think they fit in with what the Magic frontcourt does?
I like our shooting guards. Hopefully Pietrus can stop every opposing SG from having career or season highs like they did last year...Our point guards is a different matter. Jameer Nelson played well in the post-season so hopefully he can keep that up for this year as well. I would like him to play 82 games for once and to be a pass-first player more often. Maybe he can learn from Anthony Johnson.

As much as I like/respect Nelson unless he continues playing this season like he did in the post-season I would like for us(the magic) to trade for a pass-first PG who can defend.
josh99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:51 PM   #3
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

I really the chances of the Magic backcourt.

I think if Jameer can keep up his play from the playoffs and put up at least 8 apg he'll be good.

Mike Pietrus could have a breakout year after getting screwed in G.S.

As long as he keeps defending, knocking down the 3 ball, and attacking the rim this could be the best backcourt the Magic have had in a while.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 12:07 PM   #4
Huey Freeman
PAO

Huey Freeman has decent reputationHuey Freeman has decent reputation

I'd really like to see somebody other than Jameer at the 1. I wish we would make a trade to get Critt.
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:39 PM   #5
josh99
Local High School Star

josh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey Freeman
I'd really like to see somebody other than Jameer at the 1. I wish we would make a trade to get Critt.
Critt is overrated. I think Anthony Johnson is a fine backup. Its Jameer that we should worry about.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:06 PM   #6
Huey Freeman
PAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh99
Critt is overrated. I think Anthony Johnson is a fine backup. Its Jameer that we should worry about.
Jameer is overrated and overpaid. We'll probably end up losing Turkoglu because of it.

You can't possibly say Crittenton is overrated since he's only played one year in the NBA so far and has a lot of potential. And Anthony Johnson isn't good, we should've kept Keyon Dooling.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:09 AM   #7
josh99
Local High School Star

Quote:
Jameer is overrated and overpaid. We'll probably end up losing Turkoglu because of it.

You can't possibly say Crittenton is overrated since he's only played one year in the NBA so far and has a lot of potential. And Anthony Johnson isn't good, we should've kept Keyon Dooling.
Crittenton is overrated by Magic fans. Most of us think that if we get Crittenton all our problems at point guard will be solved. On the other hand from what I hear Crittenton is more of a SG than a PG. There must also be a reason behind him not having played a game this year.

Jameer is not overrated, but he is overpaid. Most people think that Jameer shouldn't be starting for us. I agree that we should trade for a better PG but who?
Old 11-06-2008, 03:26 PM   #8
Huey Freeman
PAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh99
Crittenton is overrated by Magic fans. Most of us think that if we get Crittenton all our problems at point guard will be solved. On the other hand from what I hear Crittenton is more of a SG than a PG. There must also be a reason behind him not having played a game this year.

Jameer is not overrated, but he is overpaid. Most people think that Jameer shouldn't be starting for us. I agree that we should trade for a better PG but who?
Really? I just think Critt and Howard would click really well since they played with each other in high school.

I think the main reason Crittenton doesn't get playing time is that Memphis is overloaded with PGs.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:58 PM   #9
josh99
Local High School Star

Quote:
Really? I just think Critt and Howard would click really well since they played with each other in high school.

I think the main reason Crittenton doesn't get playing time is that Memphis is overloaded with PGs.
I agree that we should get Crittenton but we definitely shouldn't start him until we see hm play.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:40 PM   #10
Huey Freeman
PAO

I wonder how much we'd have to pay to get Pargo. I definitely know he wants to come back to the NBA.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:27 PM   #11
3stat2
Local High School Star

3stat2 is considered somewhat cool3stat2 is considered somewhat cool

Not a magic fan but Pietrus has been awesome from what I've seen. He brings some excellent athleticism to their 2 guard spot and has adjusted very well.
3stat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 07:22 PM   #12
josh99
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stat2
Not a magic fan but Pietrus has been awesome from what I've seen. He brings some excellent athleticism to their 2 guard spot and has adjusted very well.
I agree, too bad he's injured for 3-5 weeks now.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: