Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Default Do we have any Hilary Supporter here?

I've heard from Bernie and Trump supporters. I'm curious what her selling points are from a supporter? Beside picking the lesser of two evils.

Default Re: Do we have any Hilary Supporter here?

Quote Originally Posted by Duderonomy
    I've heard from Bernie and Trump supporters. I'm curious what her selling points are from a supporter? Beside picking the lesser of two evils.
    Big Shillary supporter, here. More corporate corruption and betrayal of U.S. citizens is guaranteed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    Big Shillary supporter, here. More corporate corruption and betrayal of U.S. citizens is guaranteed.
    You still exist?

Decent playground baller

I think it is mostly people who want a woman, people who know her by name and liked Bill, and people who are convinced she is more likely to win verse the GOP candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by FrobeShaw
    You still exist?
    Yup. You learned how to use the toilet yet?

Queen Hillary has been pre-ordained. Thus it is written, thus it shall be.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

I definitely wouldn't call myself a "supporter" but she will get my vote and the selling points for me personally are:

1. All of the other candidates are a joke

2. I dig her college tuition plan (her actually doing it is another story though)

3. She is married to Bill who is GOAT in my life time. Spending 8 years with him in the White House is a certified PHD in being a Pres. She knows the ins and outs, and you can't convince me he won't have influence on her.

I got money on Hilary winning if that counts.

I'm down with HRC

The thing with Hillary is she is a genuinely knowledgeable policy wonk. She's not a natural political candidate like her husband. Mike Huckabee who is from Arkansas said this about her. [QUOTE] I would have great respect for the formidable nature of Hillary Clinton

She's by far the most qualified, and I'll be happy to vote for her this fall. I voted for Bernie in the primary, but only because I knew she had no chance of losing the nomination, and I want him to be a power broker at the convention. She will have to incorporate more of his message into her general platform to keep the coalition afloat.

I'm not a big fan of her Hawkish tendencies, but most every politician active 1995-2005 is straddled with all the Middle East military baggage, in addition to some social policy stances that were required in order to get elected back then (i.e. gay marriage, drugs, etc.).

I think she'll have a real tough time winning a second term, but then again, GOP has nothing but clowns to prop up for the general. Maybe Marco will rise from the ashes.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3PO
    I think it is mostly people who want a woman, people who know her by name and liked Bill, and people who are convinced she is more likely to win verse the GOP candidate.
    Nailed it.

Every Hillary voter will fall into one of those categories.

It's ironic she will get the 'woman's power' vote despite being cheated numerous times and still going back to Bill. That's only because there's nobody else to vote for where you can scream women's power, though.

I'm down with HRC

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    I'm not a big fan of her Hawkish tendencies, but most every politician active 1995-2005 is straddled with all the Middle East military baggage, in addition to some social policy stances that were required in order to get elected back then (i.e. gay marriage, drugs, etc.).
    This can hardly be understated.
    I don't think millennials voters understand this at all. They have come of age at time when the Democratic Party has success a good portion of the lives. It wasn't always this way, the country and certainly the Democratic party has been shifted to the left. That never would have occurred without Democratic electoral success.

For all the folks talking about a "revolution," they don't seem to care about what can be achieved via electoral politics. A very conservative state judge just won an election on Wisconsin primary day in a very close race. 15% of Sanders voters didn't vote in that race. They certainly don't turn out to vote in off year elections.

The problem with Hillary is that nobody has a clue what she actually believes. She's always on the side of whatever is polling well that day.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

not wild about her at all. My biggest hang up is her two-faced nature when it comes to healthcare. Sh*t changed real quick when she started getting donations for her Senate race.

In an election pitting her against either Trump or Cruz, i'd pick Hillary though.

In my opinion America's biggest domestic issue is healthcare. Sanders wants to do the right thing with it and have the U.S. join the rest of civilized society, Hill is fine with keeping the status quo, while the two other knuckleheads want to try to repeal obamacare and take two steps backwards.

I'm down with HRC

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    In my opinion America's biggest domestic issue is healthcare. Sanders wants to do the right thing with it and have the U.S. join the rest of civilized society, Hill is fine with keeping the status quo, while the two other knuckleheads want to try to repeal obamacare and take two steps backwards.
    The question is how do you get to "the right thing?" This gets back to what I was saying about presidents not being a magicians and practical politics.

In life as in politics "perfect is often the enemy of good." If you pass up something good because you're waiting for something perfect you're going to have no progress at all.

As for the status quo. The status quo of the ACA, aka Obamacare is a major achievement.

What Bernie has proposed so far is lacking in practicality and costs way more than he says it does.
    http://acasignups.net/16/01/20/healt...e-side-hillary
    http://acasignups.net/16/01/31/updat...ng-enough-ever

And once again Bernie doesn't have the details down or is just lying about costs.
    [QUOTE]..Sanders assumes $324 billion more per year in prescription drug savings than Thorpe does. Thorpe argues that this is wildly implausible. "In 2014 private health plans paid a TOTAL of $132 billion on prescription drugs and nationally we spent $305 billion," he writes in an email. "With their savings drug spending nationally would be negative." (Emphasis mine.) The Sanders camp revised the number down to $241 billion when I pointed this out.
    ...When I pointed out that the yearly savings numbers they were presenting on prescription drugs were literally impossible, the Sanders camp revised the number to $241 billion