Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 06-27-2008, 12:22 AM   #1
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Default Does The Front Office Smoke Dope?

Quote:
Charlotte Bobcats managing partner Michael Jordan confirmed to the Observer on Thursday that they were talking to the Raptors about a swap of Wallace and point guard T.J. Ford. The talks apparently hit a snag when Toronto additionally asked for a draft pick. Instead, the Raptors are moving Ford to Indiana in a trade involving forward Jermaine O'Neal.

The salaries for Wallace ($9.5 million) and Ford ($8.77 million) are close enough that the deal easily could have worked under salary-cap rules. Wallace is to make $9.5million each of the next four seasons.

It's clear the Bobcats are looking to reshape their roster. Multiple league sources confirmed that the Bobcats spent the days leading up to the draft assessing trade value for all their veterans.

http://www.charlotte.com/bobcats/story/688312.html
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:26 AM   #2
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

Default Re: Does The Front Office Smoke Dope?

Indeed it must. I figure we will trade Wallace before the season begins (for cap space reasons), but for TJ Ford? No thanks.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:33 AM   #3
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Wow if that trade would have occurred I probably would have driven to Charlotte, hunted Higgins and Jordan down, and *****-slapped them.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:38 AM   #4
liverpooty
Local High School Star

lol, so let me get this straight. I hope I read that right. Toronto was wanting Gerald Wallace AND a draft pick for a guy that nearly ( unfortunately ) gets paralyzed every year?

Yeah, Jordans divorce has led him to heavy drug use.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:28 AM   #5
MikeUK
Decent playground baller

That is a crazy trade. Maybe we thought Lopez would fall to us but not Augustine? I want to keep Wallace personally as I think his contract is a decent one not overpaid like 3/4 of the players in the NBA, plus he does everything both on offense and defense. Sure we have alot of money invested in our wings but I'd rather have it in our 2 starters than in guys like Morrison and (hate to say it) even Carroll if we are that cap stretched. Sure Crash has some injury history but he recovers fast and has great work ethic, and he's still much younger than he seems.
MikeUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 08:45 AM   #6
BrentISballin
Local High School Star

the hell
BrentISballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:50 PM   #7
Talent
Dunking on everybody in the park

I just don't know why they are so down on wallace lately...he seems to play the right way like borwn wants, and he seems to want to improve on his already good game. I just don't see a point in trading Wallace.
Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:59 PM   #8
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Very simple...

Bob Johnson = tightwad...major tightwad. The only reason that the Bobcats have been somewhat aggressive the past 2 years is because MJ is in there telling Bob things will be okay. I get the feeling that Bob doesn't like Wallace because of his risky style of play. I mean, after all, if Wallace gets severely hurt and is out for the year, the Cats still have to pay him is 9mil. Knowing Bob, he is only willing to pay for something if he's getting something in return. In Wallace, when he performs well, Bobert gets ticket sales, wins, and other perks. If Wallace is out injured, Bobert is seemingly throwing 9mil down the drain, and knowing him, that thought probably kills him inside.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:18 PM   #9
Jballer
Local High School Star

Hi Guys...I am a Raptor fan in Toronto visiting.

6 months ago more or less - all Raptor fans were drolling at the thought the Gwal might be had.

Now with the concussions(?) and JO'neal coming - not so much.

The article I first read also stated that TJ and GWal were the center pieces of a deal; obviously there must have been other players and potentially other draft choices considerations.

I simply dont believe it was a one up deal as reported.

I am surprised by some of the Gwal tone here. I thought he was a great all arounder - of, df, runs the floor well..

Why are the Bobcats (or fans) down on him?
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:28 PM   #10
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

The fans aren't down on him. The fans love him. Personally, I don't want to see him go. It's the FO. Read my above post.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: