Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213
    I am your soldier!

Default Re: 30 f0r 30 on now FAB FIVE ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by the_future02
    I lost a lot of respect for Webber. Dude was looking out for a bunch of broke kids from the hood and Webber shits on the man when he needed him most
    Why did that guy need defending? Webb was the one on trial, just trying to save face (agents probably made him say it).

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Webb was the one on trial, just trying to save face (agents probably made him say it).
    Yes, I disagree with Webber's statements; it was almost kind of awkward to watch that particular press conference. But like you, I had the feeling that was not sincere Chris Webber evoking his feelings. Rather, I figured that was Chris Webber speaking as if he was scared and scarred by the legal proceedings and was perhaps echoing what his lawyers strongly suggested he say.

Chris Webber really made a mistake there, lying about his involvement with Ed Martin. I think he was in freakout mode and was scattering to throw anything out there that might help save his butt from getting in real deal trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    Problem is, he went with the Barry Bonds defense of denial, and has to keep creating lies to back it up.
    I initially overlooked this post. I think there is certainly truth to that point as well.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 03-18-2011 at 10:57 AM.

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Yes, I disagree with Webber's statements; it was almost kind of awkward to watch that particular press conference. But like you, I had the feeling that was not sincere Chris Webber evoking his feelings. Rather, I figured that was Chris Webber speaking as if he was scared and scarred by the legal proceedings and was perhaps echoing what his lawyers strongly suggested he say.

Chris Webber really made a mistake there, lying about his involvement with Ed Martin. I think he was in freakout mode and was scattering to throw anything out there that might help save his butt from getting in real deal trouble.

I initially overlooked this post. I think there is certainly truth to that point as well.
    If C-Webb would've just come clean like Rose did it probably would've been fine. I'm sure he was just freaked and his pr people/agents made a really bad call.

That giving money thing happens all the time i.e. see Hoop Dreams when they mention drug dealers buying shoes and the guy in He Got Game.

I do believe that he didn't get 300,000 though. I mean really, like what Albom said, what 19/20 year old wouldn't buy one ritzy item? I could see like 100 grand over the course of 4 years in high school, 2 in college, and then maybe a little once he got drafted and before his checks cleared.

I just watched this for the first time tonight. While I have great respect for those guys, Rose threw me off with his comment of "Who remembers who won the championship 3 years ago, five years ago? Who remembers who the starting lineup was of the Carolina team that beat us?"

It's almost like he doesn't realize most people look at them in a negative light and that's what they're remembered for. Namely for two reasons. Webber calling that timeout. Unfortunately that's what C-Webb will always be remember for from his basketball career. And the fact they were possibly the best team ever to not win a NCAA title.

His championship comment almost made me go WTF? Because I'm a casual fan and I can name off who's won the last ten NCAA titles.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I just watched this for the first time tonight. While I have great respect for those guys, Rose threw me off with his comment of "Who remembers who won the championship 3 years ago, five years ago? Who remembers who the starting lineup was of the Carolina team that beat us?"

It's almost like he doesn't realize most people look at them in a negative light and that's what they're remembered for. Namely for two reasons. Webber calling that timeout. Unfortunately that's what C-Webb will always be remember for from his basketball career. And the fact they were possibly the best team ever to not win a NCAA title.

His championship comment almost made me go WTF? Because I'm a casual fan and I can name off who's won the last ten NCAA titles.
    And the third reason, most of their wins and their Final 4's were stripped from the record books.

Just saw, it was really amazing.

Da Mavs

Going to resurrect this thread from the dead...

just saw it on netflix...very good and interesting. Not as good as the 30 for 30 on Bo Jackson though.

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

C-Webb was shaving
    If you from the way then you know

NBA rookie of the year

am i the only one that thinks rose is disloyal for doing this doc against webber's wishes?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HomieWeMajor
    C-Webb was shaving
    If you from the way then you know

why would you bump a 3 year old thread ? reported

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Shabba Ranks
    why would you bump a 3 year old thread ? reported
    Snitches get stitches