Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Default Re: Breaking: US and Britain pledge to use force within two weeks in Syria.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    I'm curious why being deployed to syria would be worse than say afghanistan.

Oh and thank you for your service, I criticize American foreign policy a lot but I appreciate the men and women like you who are brave enough to go out there and possibly die for our nation. Stay safe and good luck.
    I've just had a lot of soldiers tell me their experiences in places like Afghanistan. Most agree it's not that dangerous like in the past. My job is mostly there for security and helping their government take back control. It's not hostile. Now Syria, I haven't come across anyone who's been deployed there. It would just suck going somewhere you have no clue about. And you're very welcome.

Default Re: Breaking: US and Britain pledge to use force within two weeks in Syria.

can
    Last edited by tomtucker; 08-27-2013 at 06:41 AM.

Banned

[QUOTE=tomtucker]can

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tomtucker
    let Germany take over playing policeman of the world

Not interested

This f orum sucks dick

As long as they take of the bad guys who want to hurt us, I'm fine with it. Go Obama, USA USA!!! Show those Terrorist what America is all about!!

   

Quote Originally Posted by dr.hee

Not interested
    besides, you already have a job-- to keep the european economy from collapsing. :P

Quote Originally Posted by OJ SIMPSON 2.0
    As long as they take of the bad guys who want to hurt us, I'm fine with it. Go Obama, USA USA!!! Show those Terrorist what America is all about!!
    When did Syria say they wanted to hurt us?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    what do you think lol? i keep seeing you in all these political threads reading and questioning different posters... putting people to task and all. but some of these guys, i mean really, nick young and longhornfan and some others are just spewing nonsense. what was nick young saying in this thread? like the obama admin has assassinated tons of american citizens? thats bullshit, its like three or four. two of them are members of the same family.

you've probably got 100x the grasp on this shit as those guys do, they just pose as authoritative... like anybody probably does in these threads to some extent to get across a point. like im no phd but i like to think i can tell when somebody is full of shit just from a basic reading of the news.... of course with my own slant/spin like anybody else.
    I never said that Obama murdered hundreds of American citizens. I claimed that he murdered many, which is true.

Even if he has murdered just one citizen without giving him his rights as an American, that is a huge deal, and Obama has done it more then once. So what if they are members of the same family? Why are you trying to minimize this? The president of the united states has ordered the murder of AMERICAN CITIZENS, completely violating their constitutional rights WITH ROBOT ASSASSINATION DRONES? That is HUGE! It's disgusting and deplorable, unconstitutional and grounds for impeachment! Why is Obama still everyone's hero?

The only thing I can come up with is because he looks cool and gives good speeches. Because if you look at his actions, he has been a horrible president.

ALSO he is directly responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocent civillians with his ordered drone attacks. There is no way to absolve Obama from those murders.

I don't see how anyone can claim that the drone attacks in Pakistan are NOT an example of state sponsored terrorism.

I am not spewing nonsense, my opinion simply disagrees with yours and is not clouded by empty political rhetoric.

In Obama's election he claimed he would protect all whistle blowers and political refuges, there was even a section on his website about it. A few months ago that section was taken down, because as we know Obama is now hellbent on bringing Julian Assange and Edward Snowden so that he can have them murdered after unfair trial.

Completely contradicting your election promises like Obama has been doing is 1984 level double-speak. Dunno why Obama gets a pass for this either.

I'm not acting authoritative. I simply write my opinions. I also remain open minded to all outside opinions. I feel that the best way to learn about something is to question it from all angles and hear contradicting opinions about it from different people.
    Last edited by Nick Young; 08-27-2013 at 09:13 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by reppy

One of the problems: who decides is a terrorist? This shit isn't public. It's happening behind closed doors. Do you trust the military to make the best decision? Is it possible they might target people that AREN'T terrorists, but are blocking American acquisition of foreign assets?

Do you really trust a non-accountable system?

This is the activity of a thug. The government is unwilling to prove how it determines who a terrorist is, how it gathers the information, etc.
    EXACTLY! He is setting a precedent! If future US presidents follow down this path, and they will because it worked so well for Obama, WE ARE F*CKED. How do you think Hitler rose to power? It was a slow and gradual process.

Right now Obama is saying it's ok for future presidents to use these drones to kill whoever the f*ck they want to, and give any reason they want to, and no one will be able to question them.

Are you ok with that people?

The United States constitution gives everyone the same basic rights, and Obama is taking them away from us.

Banned

The way otherwise thoughtful posters dismiss assassinating American citizens is worrisome. Is this the opinion of thoughtful people elsewhere, that it's okay to assassinate people without even alleging they've committed crimes?

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    EXACTLY! He is setting a precedent! If future US presidents follow down this path, and they will because it worked so well for Obama, WE ARE F*CKED. How do you think Hitler rose to power? It was a slow and gradual process.

Right now Obama is saying it's ok for future presidents to use these drones to kill whoever the f*ck they want to, and give any reason they want to, and no one will be able to question them.

Are you ok with that people?

The United States constitution gives everyone the same basic rights, and Obama is taking them away from us.

Hitler? Dude just stop...

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    what? you're against acting at all, so now you want us to jump in all gung ho? what?

you are like a lot of conservatives, am i right? two modes-- normal relations or all-out war. zero to sixty. when that's decided, it's bush junior style, right? just go ahead and 'appeal' to congress by making them look bad, then completely ignore the objections of the UN and partner nations and just jump in there, throw other peoples' lives around, and saddle the govt with huge debt. am i wrong?

i do agree with you that chemical weapons are horrific, and i don't know the syria situation per se (you got me there), but i will always be about considering the full range of options and choosing the most pragmatic one. that's just the way we roll around here.

if you're taking any pleasure in the president looking like a jackass, you're playing a fool's game IMO. the president's very job is to look like a jackass and try to make the best decisions possible.

all you folks who go after him for nothing reasons or who went after clinton for his hanky panky... i just think you all have a really weird idea of what the job of POTUS is. like you want a priest-king or something.

giddyup.
    He backed himself into a corner by drawing a line on chemical weapons and Syria called him on it.

If he does nothing... he will make the US look weak. What would the Chinese, Russians, and Irantry to do knowing that Obama isn't going to follow through with his threats? Obama shouldn't have said anything in the first place.

   

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
    The way otherwise thoughtful posters dismiss assassinating American citizens is worrisome. Is this the opinion of thoughtful people elsewhere, that it's okay to assassinate people without even alleging they've committed crimes?
    it was four people, correct? i presume it was for terrorist activity, correct? did the govt ever issue a statement on this?

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
    He backed himself into a corner by drawing a line on chemical weapons and Syria called him on it.

If he does nothing... he will make the US look weak. What would the Chinese, Russians, and Irantry to do knowing that Obama isn't going to follow through with his threats? Obama shouldn't have said anything in the first place.
    okay, thanks. i don't really know anything about this specifically, but i take your point.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    it was four people, correct? i presume it was for terrorist activity, correct? did the govt ever issue a statement on this?

okay, thanks. i don't really know anything about this specifically, but i take your point.
    THat's the official government story. Who knows what the case actually was though. They weren't allowed their basic right to a fair trial with a jury of their peers. They were simply assassinated on Obama's whim and no one questioned it and no one made a big deal about it, like they should have.

'Just four'? How can you even say that!

This is Nobel Peace Prize, We can change, hope for a brighter future Obama murdering American citizens half way across the world without trial with robot assassination drones.

Even more shameful is how everyone is discounting the thousands of casualties of non-US citizens. THOUSANDS. Thousands of innocent men, women and children were murdered directly by Obama! He is the one who gives the go ahead for the drone strikes!

The death count of the drone strikes has risen above the death count from the September 11 terrorist attacks.

These are innocent civilians being killed by carpet bombing robot planes.

How is it NOT state sponsored terrorism?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBR1VZ5tu2w#

WHY IS EVERYONE OK WITH THIS>?!?
    Last edited by Nick Young; 08-27-2013 at 11:50 AM.