Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default University cancels free yoga class because of "oppression, cultural genocide."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ural-genocide/

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbf[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck University
    “Yoga has been under a lot of controversy lately... Many of these cultures are cultures that have experienced oppression, cultural genocide and diasporas due to colonialism and western supremacy, and we need to be mindful of this and how we express ourselves and while practicing yoga.”
    The University claimed to have gotten complains that yoga has implications of oppression. You can read more in the article if you want to, but that's the gist of it. The women, who ran the free yoga class for 7 years, was teased by saying she could do the class if she called it something else, but they didn't end up letting her even do that.

The Rebel wrote something in response I liked: “The day yoga needs a safe space is the day parody meets reality. That day has come.”

SAFE SPACES!! AAAAHH!

Banned

Default Re: University cancels free yoga class because of "oppression, cultural genocide."

****ing retarded. Do you think any Indians are out there upset that non-Indians practice yoga?

Why are racist PC ****s so obsessed with racially segregating everyone? "Only Mexicans are allowed to serve and eat mexican food and wear sombreros!"

"Only Indians can practice yoga!"

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: University cancels free yoga class because of "oppression, cultural genocide."

personally ive always looked upon yoga as a rape of the indian people, this is a great step forward

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

India goes mad for cricket. I don't think they're too hung up on the past. Yoga is fantastic for flexibility and core strength. This encourages sedentary lifestyles by cancelling the class.

Banned

I can imagine reading this headline in a satirical comedy novel written in the 60s.

Huxley and Bradbury and Orwell knew this censorship shit was coming 50 years before it came.

Banned

...a yoga class designed to include disabled students...
    Seriously, who thought that ruining this was a good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by 24-Inch_Chrome
    Seriously, who thought that ruining this was a good idea?
    I think you can imagine what they look like.

I can totally see how women in tight yoga pants is likely to incite some "oppresssion" and "western civilization", if you're talking about my would-be people.

The funny thing is, actual racists are probably like "good. don't teach that shit over here".

Leftist weirdos somehow always manage to be on the same side as racists and segregationists.

   

i think i see how this works: an understaffed student center is hit by too many complaints about something and in the litigious age of today, doesn't have the time and energy to fight a battle over this.

it doesn't matter that the protestors don't know what the f-ck they're talking about. they simply took advantage of a timeless story across natural law-- when deceitfulness and manipulation out-compete the status quo.

might makes right, so to speak.

Fukc yoga. India should bring back the thuggees. Those were some cool dudes.

Do any of these "controversies" extend beyond college campus? When was the last time you heard people up in arms about yoga being culturally appropriated outside of news reports like this?

I think it's time to start flogging kids again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Do any of these "controversies" extend beyond college campus? When was the last time you heard people up in arms about yoga being culturally appropriated outside of news reports like this?
    Well, unfortunately, those same people up in arms about yoga on college campuses will be in the workforce in a few short years.

You think their whiny, ***** behavior will suddenly stop once they graduate?

WTF?
    I don't understand. Can someone explain? What's wrong with yoga? Who's offended by people practicing yoga?