Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

Default Re: NBA 2k11: Jordan Challenge

Just finished all the challenges. The Flu game took me a couple tries though. Getting boards in that game with lowered stats Jordan is extremely hard. I had to get 3 in the 4th to barely get my 7. And 2 of the 4 boards I got before that came with less than 5 seconds left in quarters. :\

Getting the Steals was somewhat hard too because if you tip a pass and someone else picks it up they get the steal and not you even though you created the steal. Some of those were tough challenges!

a LAKER & a DODGER fan Lakerlove420's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SinJackal
    Just finished all the challenges. The Flu game took me a couple tries though. Getting boards in that game with lowered stats Jordan is extremely hard. I had to get 3 in the 4th to barely get my 7. And 2 of the 4 boards I got before that came with less than 5 seconds left in quarters. :\

Getting the Steals was somewhat hard too because if you tip a pass and someone else picks it up they get the steal and not you even though you created the steal. Some of those were tough challenges!
    so have you started 'creating a legend' yet? MJ myplayer
    Michael all young and skinny with no mustache and had hair

Yesterday I did the shrug. I had to go, so I saved it at the end of the 2nd.
    I have all the 3pointers and all that. I just have to finish the game and keep Clyde from getting to 20. He already has 12 though. I'll just have to use the clock and double him in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakerlove420
    so have you started 'creating a legend' yet? MJ myplayer
    Michael all young and skinny with no mustache and had hair

Yesterday I did the shrug. I had to go, so I saved it at the end of the 2nd.
    I have all the 3pointers and all that. I just have to finish the game and keep Clyde from getting to 20. He already has 12 though. I'll just have to use the clock and double him in the second half.
    Yeah :P I've done a couple games with him already. Basically he's like a super My Player, starts at 79 overall, and you get 10 drills instead of 6 to start. After doing all 10 drills for Shooting, I put the rest of his points into stuff like Passing (bumped that up to 80), some into Consistency, some in Free Throw, and a little in defense, to make him 82 overall.

Though while playing him with lower-than-usual stats, I'm starting to think I should've probably put a little more in consistency since he starts low there, rather than nearly maxed out like he usually is.

But yeah, it's fun. I drafted him to the current Bulls, and you can only control him while playing each game. Right now I'm averaging 38.5 PPG on about 54%, with 6.5 APG, 3 RPG, 1 SPG, 1 TO/PG, and a Teammate Rating average of A. ^_^ Just 2 games though.

It's kinda weird 'cause I got played for the first 12 minutes of the game then taken out for 7 minutes, only to play the last 5 mins of the half where you get to rest before 3rd quarter anyway. :\ Seemed kinda weird, but so far it's pretty fun. You can also equip any of those special Jordan shoes you earn throughout the game on him to give him little boosts.

I'm having difficulty with the double nickel.

MJ need to score 55 points in 55% shooting and needs have 2 assists. Damn! That Knicks defense is fckn killing MJ's shooting. They are always double or triple teaming him everytime he touches the ball.

John Stark is beasting, blocking MJ's shot and dunking on him! Dude is also like 75% from downtown always!

Local High School Star

I finally beat the "Flu Game" challenge. It took like 5 tries (4 days). A couple of times I had 6 rebs going into the 4th quarter and couldn't manage to even get 1 reb. Flu MJ has no hops but he can score his butt off. LOL

I beat the Last Dance earlier today. I lucked up and got a couple of steals early in the game. The only 1 have to complete now is the 1991 finals.

Quote Originally Posted by dbugz
    I'm having difficulty with the double nickel.

MJ need to score 55 points in 55% shooting and needs have 2 assists. Damn! That Knicks defense is fckn killing MJ's shooting. They are always double or triple teaming him everytime he touches the ball.

John Stark is beasting, blocking MJ's shot and dunking on him! Dude is also like 75% from downtown always!
    Use someone else as a ballhandler and move the defense away from Jordan a bit and pass to him while he's somewhat isolated so he can create space quickly and score while just one guy is on him. He can take Starks 1 on 1. Try not to always use Jordan to bring the ball up court. I usually try to score 14-20 a game with MJ by getting assisted. It helps save his stamina a little too. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Replay32
    I finally beat the "Flu Game" challenge. It took like 5 tries (4 days). A couple of times I had 6 rebs going into the 4th quarter and couldn't manage to even get 1 reb. Flu MJ has no hops but he can score his butt off. LOL

I beat the Last Dance earlier today. I lucked up and got a couple of steals early in the game. The only 1 have to complete now is the 1991 finals.
    Yeah I think the main stats that get diminished are his "physical" stats. The stamina, vertical, and speed/agility. His mid range jumper is still butter. The Flu Game is definitely one of the harder ones. That and MJ's Last Dance, to get the 4 steals.

Quote Originally Posted by SinJackal
    Use someone else as a ballhandler and move the defense away from Jordan a bit and pass to him while he's somewhat isolated so he can create space quickly and score while just one guy is on him. He can take Starks 1 on 1. Try not to always use Jordan to bring the ball up court. I usually try to score 14-20 a game with MJ by getting assisted. It helps save his stamina a little too. ^_^

I followed your tips and on my 1st try, I got it finished right away. Got MJ shooting on 71%. After I scored 55 points I stopped shooting and just protected my 10+ points lead. Thanks you.

I have 3 more challenges left.

I'm worried about the one with 9 rebounds and the other one with 4 steals. Damn

a LAKER & a DODGER fan Lakerlove420's Avatar

I'm worried about the one with 9 rebounds and the other one with 4 steals. Damn
    yeah. I am too..

I already tried the one against the Sonics wer you need to have 22 pts, 7 assists and 9 rebounds.

I have no problem with scoring and assists but when it comes to rebounding I always ended up having 6 rebounds only. I tried almost everything like, assigning Jordan to guard Perkins so he'll be always on the rebounding position but it didn't work. I also tried playing MJ only on the defensive end and position him always on the rebounding position in the paint and let my teammates guard the other, didn't work also.

I'm so pissed because everytime I'm in a good position to get the rebound without any other player on my side, the ball suddenly will bounce on different direction

Will you guys pls. give me a tips on this rebound problem

NBA Superstar

I already tried the one against the Sonics wer you need to have 22 pts, 7 assists and 9 rebounds.

I have no problem with scoring and assists but when it comes to rebounding I always ended up having 6 rebounds only. I tried almost everything like, assigning Jordan to guard Perkins so he'll be always on the rebounding position but it didn't work. I also tried playing MJ only on the defensive end and position him always on the rebounding position in the paint and let my teammates guard the other, didn't work also.

I'm so pissed because everytime I'm in a good position to get the rebound without any other player on my side, the ball suddenly will bounce on different direction

Will you guys pls. give me a tips on this rebound problem
    -I threw MJ at small forward. Small forwards are excellent at grabbing rebounds off of missed free throws in NBA 2K. If you got really desperate, you could foul poor free throw shooting Sonics (or Jazz) players and hope they miss the 2nd of two free throws, thereby giving your SF Jordan a clean rebound opportunity.

-I didn't control Jordan all the time on defense, but I did make sure he was always lingering near the basket. I ensured he was not watching a shot go to the rim while he guarded Hersey on the perimeter.

-Also, I encouraged the opposition to dump the ball into the post and as Jordan I'd sort of wait on the weak side of the rim for a possible easy board off a missed shot downlow.

Ohh shit!! Finally I beat the Sonics and finish the challenge!

Thanks you Ron Harper for your buzzer beater!

2 more challenges left.
    Last edited by dbugz; 10-15-2010 at 04:00 PM.

Guys any tips on how to finish "Michael's Last dance" ?

My 1st try, I thought I would be able to finish the challenge because I have 2 steals right away on the 1st quarter but after that, I haven't got even a single steal anymore.

Scoring ain't a problem, but stealing the ball is very difficult.

Saw a basketball once

Guys any tips on how to finish "Michael's Last dance" ?

My 1st try, I thought I would be able to finish the challenge because I have 2 steals right away on the 1st quarter but after that, I haven't got even a single steal anymore.

Scoring ain't a problem, but stealing the ball is very difficult.
    This was actually one of the easiest for me. Just try to read the passing lanes, and try to get Jordan in some mismatches(to your advantage; try putting him in the post w/ a PF or C and take a swipe when you can).

The hardest challenge so far for me was the Shrug. Getting 6 three's and 35 @ the half was easy, containing Drexler was so irritating. Every time I miss, he's running the fastbreak and gets some inexplicable dunk or and 1. Took me like 10 times, no lie. I got 7/10 so far. I have the Father's Day, Cavs, and Lakers Finals left.

So far, just ranking the challenges I'd go with: (Easiest to hardest)

1. The Arrival
    2. The Hawks/Dominique
    3. Bad Boys
    4. Last Dance
    5. Double Nickel
    6. Flu game
    7. The Shrug

Saving the Lakers for last.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham's Finest
    This was actually one of the easiest for me. Just try to read the passing lanes, and try to get Jordan in some mismatches(to your advantage; try putting him in the post w/ a PF or C and take a swipe when you can).

The hardest challenge so far for me was the Shrug. Getting 6 three's and 35 @ the half was easy, containing Drexler was so irritating. Every time I miss, he's running the fastbreak and gets some inexplicable dunk or and 1. Took me like 10 times, no lie. I got 7/10 so far. I have the Father's Day, Cavs, and Lakers Finals left.

So far, just ranking the challenges I'd go with: (Easiest to hardest)

1. The Arrival
    2. The Hawks/Dominique
    3. Bad Boys
    4. Last Dance
    5. Double Nickel
    6. Flu game
    7. The Shrug

Saving the Lakers for last.

Hey mate! Thanks for the tips! I will try that later.

As for the Shrug, I got it finished on my 1st try.

What I did on that is, Try to tweak the coaching setting on the defensive match-up. Assign Pippen on Drexler and set play tight off/on ball on him. You gotta set also the double team always and deny the ball. By that, there's no way he'll be able to get so many touches. Another one is, Try to open up one of his teammate because you'd rather have a shootout against his teammates than him reaching 20+ points.

I also noticed that, when the computer's PG is bringing the ball down and he stopped on the center to set up a play, try to position your player a bit on his left side, and there's no way he's going pass the ball on the left side. Same thing on the right side. You can apply this on Shrug and the Wilkins challenge.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease m y t i n's Avatar

Hey does anyone have any tips for the shootout? I swear to god, Wilkins drives and dunks it every f*kn time he gets it. I tried double teaming but it never works, my teammates are as dumb as rocks.